With technology going places, the world has definitely progressed a lot and continues to excel. Everyone out there is taking advantage of technology, be it travelers, foodies, online bank users, and hence students too are not bereft of the awesomeness of technology.
Have you heard of this revolutionary learning methodology called Mobile Learning or m-Learning? Well, it is all out there and tremendously benefiting the users, who are obviously the students. They find it really effective and convenient to prepare for various exams through engaging video lessons offered by m-learning apps. Not only are such apps cost-effective, but highly-performing as well.
How educational mobile apps are beneficial to the students?
These apps have been there for quite some time and have successfully garnered the attention of the education tech sector and have been significantly contributing to the learning processes. Most students today are relying on m-learning and they have all good reasons to do so, as the results have been noteworthy. Many of them succeed in clearing exams and secure admission in their preferred colleges and institutes.
Benefits of m-learning and education mobileapps:
- The quality of courses is well-maintained and tailored in a way to meet individual requirements of the candidates.
- Offer full-length video lectures with rich animation by top-most trainers in the nation.
- Numerous practice tests and mock tests are offered to make students acquainted with actual exam paper.
- Includes myriad out-of-the-box suggestions & tips, which are helpful in learning crucial concepts and developing problem-solving skill.
- GD/PI sessions are also organized for the students to help the candidates in GD/PIs of particular colleges and institutions.
- Every student is assigned a personal mentor who will assist them in clearing doubts.
Ultimately, it is the concept of visual learning that makes these education mobile apps best out there. Owing to its impressive attributes, m-learning apps continue to rule the hearts of the students as well as their parents.
Market Size of eLearning
Well, statistics show that the global m-learning market in the year 2016 was worth $165.36 billion is expected to go beyond $243 billion by the year 2022, growing at a pace of 5.08 percent CAGR.
Size of e-learning market in 2014 and 2022
Worldwide self-paced e-learning market revenue from 2016 to 2021, by region (in billion U.S. dollars)
On the other hand, if we talk about worldwide self-paced online learning market revenue from 2016 to 2021, by region, then statistics reflect that the worldwide self-paced online learning in North America successfully generated whopping 23.34 billion U.S. dollars in revenue in 2016. And it is expected that the figure will decrease to 16.97 billion U.S. dollars by 2021.
Top features of Mobile Learning app:
Covers all of the syllabus
As of now, there are myriad of successful education mobile apps all over the world, including Byju’s and many more. In these apps, the lessons are developed in such a manner that the entire syllabus gets covered within a stipulated time-frame.
Interactive visual learning
To make things easy for the students, video lessons enriched with animations are designed in a manner that even the most complicated of concepts can be easily understood by the users. Not just the video lessons are of high-quality but are also very interactive.
These mobile apps feature topic-based and full-length tests, including various competitive exams mock tests. Practice-tests based on the various boards’ syllabus are also provided. At the same time, students can practice for tests as per the difficulty level which suits them most.
Complete analysis& Track Performance
It is easy for students to get the overall analysis of their regular performance as well as they can track their progress by taking up tests at regularly. This helps in planning better to improve their future performance.
This feature allows students to instantly communicate with mentors the very moment they have a doubt in any of the lessons. It is an effective feature which makes things easy for the students as well as their mentors.
These lessons are tailor-made to meet the needs of every student. The teaching style is very adaptive as well as very much interactive. This is what makes such apps effective in learning.
The essential concept of the role-based dashboard is it will show tasks and privileges particular to the user and help him/her in taking appropriate action. As well as, this apps, when desired, can also restrict the content of information specific to their individual role.
There are several third-party integrations which help in accomplishing a number of tasks such as making calls, sending emails, to handle queries and a lot more.
A customized dashboard is created for logistics team so that they can easily filter orders as per date and shipping providers. Also, they can have access to the full analytical report.
Education App : Student Panel Features
- Registration – Users have to offer required details in order to log-in to this system
- Log-in: Users can log-in to the system using the log-in credentials, email ID or via social media credentials.
- Forgot Password: Reset Password or generate a new password (in case forgot) using your email ID or phone number.
- Browse all courses: List of all latest courses is displayed in this section in a chronological manner.
- Profile Manager: Manage the user profile by filling up these details.
- Profile Pic
- Mobile Number
- Account Detail
- School, Class etc.
- Search Courses:
- By Keyword: User need to type a particular keyword in the search box to get the right result from the list of courses.
- By Category: List of courses in any chosen category will be displayed
- View Details of Courses: By clicking on any course, the user can view more details about a course, such as
- Number of lessons plus an option to purchase each lesson
- Description of course and lesson
- Price for each lesson
- Price for the entire course
- Purchase course/Study materials: User will be able to add any pdf, session to cart and can pay for them in order to purchase
- Payment Mode: Credit, Debit, Net banking, Wallet
- Download or Read online: Few courses/lessons which user has purchased will give user option to download them or they can also prefer to read online, as desired by them.
- Live Chat – Student will be able to communicate with the tutor through this system.
- Cancel Subscription – User will be able to cancel any Subscription and ask for a refund
- View Purchase History: Here the user can go through his/her purchase history:
- Item Name
- Purchase Date
- Attend Test – Users can attend tests to sharpen their skills and gain a better experience at handling pressure situations.
- Track Shipment – Subscriber can track shipment for ordered study material
Education App : Admin Panel Features
- Manage Themes: Admin will be able to manage themes which front-end user can choose so that look and feel of the user account can be changed.
- Manage Courses: Admin will be able to view all the courses added by a tutor.
- Choose Category
- Name of Course
- Topic name
- Description of Topic
- Price for a topic
- Time slot for teaching
- Choose cancellation policy
- Manage Subscription: Admin can manage subscriptions users want to buy.
- Name of Package
- Manage Users: Admin will be able to view details of all the subscribed users and users who are associated with that subscribed user.
- Statistics: Admin will be able to view following stats:
- Number of courses purchased
- Number of sessions
- Number of Users/Student
- Top Performing Courses
- Content Manager: Admin will be able to manage website content.
- Content pages
- Transaction History: Admin will be able to view payment made by each user and once admin gets payment from the user, user’s account will be activated.
- Track Orders: Admin can track all the orders made by students for study packages and study materials.
- Shipping: Admin will be able to track all the shipments and delivery status
- Ticketing: Integrated Ticketing automation tool for providing solutions seamlessly
- CRM: Integrated CRM platform for better customer services, customer engagement
- IVRS: Company’s communications system allows callers to interact over the telephone.
M-Learning App: Premium vs. Free Subscription
As we start discussing the comparison between free subscription and premium version, then the premium one is certain to be announced as the winner owing to its many special features, such as:
- Free subscription comprises just 20-40% of content, whereas premium subscription covers full course that is 95-100% mapped to board syllabus.
- As a premium member, you can ask doubts and get them cleared from your mentors.
- Internet connectivity is not required with Premium version, as it works offline.
- Free subscription can be enjoyed for only 15-30 days as after that the validity expires, whereas premium version remains valid for the whole of the academic year.
- Even though free subscription doesn’t cost any, while premium version costs as much as Rs. 25000/class, still the benefits are unmatchable.
Extra Features to make your app outstanding:
By now, you must be clear that the benefits of m-learning apps are immense, and by including these below-mentioned features, education app can be taken to an all new level.
- Parental Access: Allows Parents to manage their kids and study courses chosen by them.
- Track Syllabus: Parents must be able to track the syllabus as well as see what lessons their kids are watching.
- Assess Performance: Parents should be given access to Test Reports & Performances to keep an eye on their kids.
- Set Reminders regarding lessons: In case, the kid is not attending any class on defined time, an alert should be sent to parents.
- Discounts: When a user subscribes to several packages (courses), they should be rewarded discount or other special offers.
Along with the streaming video lesions System can also allow students and parents to buy study materials like books, Video DVD, Video SD cards, Tabs with Video Lessons.
Involved Technology Stack
- To process and manage data in real time: Kafka Software
- For storage or caching with CDNs, it is better to use Amazon S3
- To integrate with Python services and model-based testing, use GraphWalker.
- For the primary platform structure, App Developer can take help of Google Cloud platforms or Dataproc.
- For the desktop-based UI (CEF) Chromium embedded Framework is a better option.
- One can also use Bootstrap for making it look classy and sleek for websites.
- Push Notifications – Twilio, Push.io
- SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification -Nexmo, Twilio
- Payments – Braintree & PayPal, Stripe, EWallets
- GWT – for Powerful Programming
- Datastax – for Data Management
- Mandrill – for everything related to emails
- Debian– the Universal Operating System
- Database – MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Postgress, Mail Chimp Integration
- Cloud Environment – AWS
- Real-time Analytics – Hadoop, Spark, BigData, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM
- Streaming Media System – Helix Universal Server, Wowza Streaming Engine, Nimble Streamer
How to develop interactive video lectures for education apps like the byjus?
How the videos are made:
1) Storyboard has to be created first.
2) Actors/teachers are shot in front of green screen so that the background and graphics can be added later.
3) Graphics, music and animation are added to the shot footage of the teacher.
Required Tools & Software to Create video lectures
Animation Software – Adobe after Effects
Video Editing & Mixing Software – Adobe Premier Pro, Mac Maya, Fusion9, Nuke
Image Editing & Graphics Software – Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Video Shoot – Skilled mind behind the Lens
Background Score – You can create your own OR you can buy online
Video Streaming Architecture
M-Learning / Education App Development Process
Once all the important features required to develop a sophisticated and quality-rich mobile app have been gathered, begin with the development process. Here are the various aspects that are needed to be covered:
- Quality Assurance
Team Structure required for App Development
Creation of an mLearning app is not an easy task and it requires a lot of research and knowledge of the arena. Having the support of right mobile app development team that excels in the arena of Educational App Development is essential. Once you have a right education mobile app development company with skilled managers, mobile app designers, developers, and testers, you are good to go as it is the first milestone towards the development of brilliant and a successful mobile app. Here is the team required:
Project Manager: Well-equipped with managerial skills and good intellect, after all these attributes are essential to recognize the best in the mobile app industry landscape. Your project manager must find the most productive solutions effective for the accomplishment of business goals and insights.
Designers: Expert UX/UI designers, Graphic Designer
Testers: A team of proficient and skilled QA experts helpful to deliver smooth and a rich experience to users.
The Cost of Developing an M-Learning Mobile App:
Now the cost of M-Learning app development depends on its size & complexity. Other than that, the location of the developers and number of hours consumed in the app creation play crucial role in deciding over the app development cost. Based on different zones, here we have outlined the cost to develop a featured m-learning care app.
- US-based developers: $100 to $250 per hour
- Eastern Europe-based developers: $80 to $180 per hour
- India-based developers: $25 to $50 per hour
Now according to the segments to be developed, the actual cost of development of such an app in India is graphed below:
- Technical documentation (40 hours – $1000 to $2000)
- UI/UX design (60 Hours – $1500 to $3000)
- Front-end and Back-end development (400 Hours – $10,000 to $ 20,000)
- Testing (80 Hours – $2000 to $4000)
After calculating the above overhead charges, the average cost of an M-Learning mobile app can be outlined. A reasonable app with limited features may cost upto $8,000 to $25,000 for a single platform and the charges can extend up to $35,000 in case, the app developed is feature-rich and is driven by high quality standards.