Educational mobile app development is a good investment nowadays. With technology going places, the world has definitely progressed a lot and continues to excel. Everyone out there is taking advantage of technology, be it travelers, foodies, or online bank users, and hence students too are not bereft of the awesomeness of technology. Edtech app development is a process in which software are designed for education technology. Have you heard of this revolutionary learning methodology called Mobile Learning or M-learning? Well, it is all out there and tremendously benefiting the users, who are obviously the students. They find it really effective and convenient to prepare for various exams through engaging video lessons offered by m-learning apps. Not only are such apps cost-effective, but highly performing as well. In this blog, we will discuss about education app development process.
- How Educational Mobile Apps Are Beneficial to Students?
- Market Size of eLearning ( Importance of educational app development)
- Features to Include in Online Educational Mobile App Development Process:
- Student Panel Features to be Include in Education [edtech] Mobile App Development:
- Admin Panel Features to be included in edtech app development
- Which one is best for edtech app development (M-Learning vs: Premium vs.Free)
- Extra Features to Make Your App Outstanding:
- Business Workflow
- Techstack Required to Build an Education Mobile App
- How to Develop Interactive Video Lectures for Education Apps
- Video Streaming Architecture
- EDTech app development Development Process
- Team Structure Required for Educational App Development
- Edtech App Development Cost: Approx Estimation
- The Key Takeaway about educational app development
How Educational Mobile Apps Are Beneficial to Students?
Educational mobile app development is a good investment nowadays. With technology going places, the world has definitely progressed a lot and continues to excel. Everyone out there is taking advantage of technology, be it travelers, foodies, or online bank users, and hence students too are not bereft of the awesomeness of technology. Have you heard of this revolutionary learning methodology called Mobile Learning or M-learning? Well, it is all out there and tremendously benefiting the users, who are obviously the students. They find it really effective and convenient to prepare for various exams through engaging video lessons offered by m-learning apps. Not only are such apps cost-effective, but highly performing as well. In this blog, we will discuss about education app development process.
Byju’s architecture has been there for quite some time and has successfully garnered the attention of the education tech sector. It has been significantly contributing to the learning processes. Most students today are relying on m-learning and they have all the good reasons to do so, as the results have been noteworthy. Many of them succeed in clearing exams and securing admission to their preferred colleges and institutes. With growing demands, business owners reach out to mobile app developers to develop apps like Byju’s. It is worth investing in educational app development nowadays.
Benefits of M-learning and Education Mobile Apps
- One of the most noted features of Byju’s learning app is the quality of courses is well-maintained and tailored in a way to meet the individual requirements of the candidates.
- Offer full-length video lectures with rich animation by the top-most trainers in the nation. Students get visual assistance and often wonder how Byju makes videos. Visual elements make it easier to retain the information.
- When you are thinking how to create byju’s app do not forget to add several practice tests and mock tests are offered to make students acquainted with actual exam papers.
- Byju’s clone app includes myriad out-of-the-box suggestions & tips, which are helpful in learning crucial concepts and developing problem-solving skills.
- GD/PI sessions are also organized for the students to help the candidates in GD/PIs of particular colleges and institutions. Byju’s app developer has successfully brought to the screen a learning experience that would be interesting and engaging.
- In learning apps like byju’s, every student is assigned a personal mentor who will assist them in clearing doubts.
Byju’s app developer company strives to deliver solutions that take the concept of visual learning that makes these educational mobile apps the best out there. Owing to its impressive attributes, m-learning apps continue to rule the hearts of the students as well as their parents.
Over the years, the mLearning domain has walked a great path. Here are some numbers to help you motivate and build byju’s clone app.
Market Size of eLearning ( Importance of educational app development)
Well, statistics show that the global m-learning market in the year 2016 was worth $165.36 billion is expected to go beyond $243 billion by the year 2022, growing at a pace of 5.08 percent CAGR.
Size of e-learning market in 2014 and 2022
Worldwide self-paced e-learning market revenue from 2016 to 2021, by region (in billion U.S. dollars)
On the other hand, if we talk about worldwide self-paced online learning market revenue from 2016 to 2021, by region, then statistics reflect that the worldwide self-paced online learning in North America successfully generated whopping 23.34 billion U.S. dollars in revenue in 2016. And it is expected that the figure will decrease to 16.97 billion U.S. dollars by 2021.
When talking about byju’s learning app features, you would understand that there are some important elements that would keep students on the app and help teachers to explain the topics easily.
Features to Include in Online Educational Mobile App Development Process:
When talking about different byju’s app features, it is important that you understand how they are planned and designed. When you decide to build an app like this, it is important that you have done your part of the research and have resources that can help you bring the best results on the screen. Before creating a learning app we should analyze some important features of an Online Educational App. Let’s discuss some significance features that should be include in educational app development process to make it more engaging.
Covers all of the syllabus:
As of now, there are myriad successful education mobile apps all over the world, including Byjus and many more. In these apps, the lessons are developed in such a manner that the entire syllabus gets covered within a stipulated time frame.
Checkout More: Different Types of eLearning Apps for Students and Teachers
Interactive visual learning:
To make things easy for the students, video lessons enriched with animations are designed in a manner that even the most complicated of concepts can be easily understood by the users. Not only are the video lessons of high quality but are also very interactive.
These mobile apps feature topic-based and full-length tests, including various competitive exams and mock tests. Practice tests based on the various boards’ syllabi are also provided. At the same time, students can practice for tests as per the difficulty level which suits them most.
Complete analysis & Track Performance:
It is easy for students to get the overall analysis of their regular performance, as well as they can track their progress by taking up tests at regularly. This helps in planning better to improve their future performance.
This feature allows students to instantly communicate with mentors the very moment they have a doubt about any of the lessons. It is an effective feature that makes things easy for the students as well as their mentors. This is an interesting feature that can be involve in edtech app development process.
These lessons are tailor-made to meet the needs of every student. The teaching style is very adaptive as well as very much interactive. This is what makes such apps effective in learning.
The essential concept of the role-based dashboard is it will show tasks and privileges particular to the user and help him/her in taking appropriate action. As well as, these apps, when desired, can also restrict the content of information specific to their individual role.
There are several third-party integrations that help in accomplishing a number of tasks such as making calls, sending emails, handling queries, and a lot more.
A customized dashboard is created for the logistics team so that they can easily filter orders as per date and shipping providers. Also, they can have access to the full analytical report.
These are some of the features that one needs to take care of before moving forward to developing an app like byju’s. The learning app would be interesting and interactive only if the students and the admin could enjoy using the app and get solutions to their problems. We share here important features for the students panel and Admin panel to help you understand what should you expect from your app.
Student Panel Features to be Include in Education [edtech] Mobile App Development:
There are a lot of things that students need to take care of when working on their apps. They need proper records, results, result analysis, and other details. Other than this they need to prepare it specifically to ensure that the reports generated are similar to the ones like in school that talk about each subject in detail.
- Registration – Users have to offer the required details in order to log in to this system.
- Log-in: Users can log in to the system using their log-in credentials, email ID, or social media credentials.
- Forgot Password: Reset your Password or generate a new password (in case forgot) using your email ID or phone number.
- Browse all courses: A list of all the latest courses is displayed in this section in a chronological manner.
- Profile Manager: Manage the user profile by filling up these details.
- Profile Pic
- Mobile Number
- Account Detail
- School, Class etc.
- Search Courses:
- By Keyword: Users need to type a particular keyword in the search box to get the right result from the list of courses.
- By Category: List of courses in any chosen category will be displayed
- View Details of Courses: By clicking on any course, the user can view more details about a course, such as
- Number of lessons plus an option to purchase each lesson
- Description of course and lesson
- Price for each lesson
- Price for the entire course
- Purchase course/Study materials: The user will be able to add any pdf, or session to cart and can pay for them in order to purchase
- Payment Mode: Credit, Debit, Net Banking, Wallet
- Download or Read online: Few courses/lessons that the user has purchased will give the user the option to download them or they can also prefer to read online, as desired by them.
- Live Chat – Students will be able to communicate with the tutor through this system.
- Cancel Subscription – User will be able to cancel any Subscription and ask for a refund
- View Purchase History: Here the user can go through his/her purchase history:
- Item Name
- Purchase Date
- Attend Test – Users can attend tests to sharpen their skills and gain a better experience at handling pressure situations.
- Track Shipment – The subscriber can track the shipment of ordered study material
The apps are designed exclusively for the students. It is important that the assignments that are done for the students are delivered in no time. The app features are designed to affirm that the needs and the requirements of the students are met and is easy for them to understand.
Related post: Best Language Learning Apps to Learn a New Language
Admin Panel Features to be included in edtech app development
The admin panel of the learning app would have a lot of features that are exclusive to the panel. The admin of your app would work on various aspects of the app and needs a large control over the various elements. We share here how admin needs control over various aspects.
- Manage Themes: The Admin will be able to manage themes which the front-end user can choose so that look and feel of the user account can be changed.
- Manage Courses: Admin will be able to view all the courses added by a tutor.
- Choose Category
- Name of Course
- Topic name
- Description of Topic
- Price for a topic
- Time slot for teaching
- Choose cancellation policy
- Manage Subscription: Admin can manage subscription users want to buy.
- Name of Package
- Manage Users: Admin will be able to view details of all the subscribed users and users who are associated with that subscribed user.
- Statistics: Admin will be able to view the following stats:
- Number of courses purchased
- Number of sessions
- Number of Users/Student
- Top Performing Courses
- Content Manager: Admin will be able to manage website content.
- Content pages
- Transaction History: Admin will be able to view payment made by each user and once admin gets payment from the user, user’s account will be activated.
- Track Orders: Admin can track all the orders made by students for study packages and study materials.
- Shipping: Admin will be able to track all the shipments and delivery status
- Ticketing: Integrated Ticketing automation tool for providing solutions seamlessly
- CRM: Integrated CRM platform for better customer services, customer engagement
- IVRS: Company’s communications system allows callers to interact over the telephone.
These are a few features that every mlearning mobile should have. A technically sound and feature rich application can help you proceed with the best results in no times. When you reach to the mobile app developers make sure you have a list of features that you may need.
Which one is best for edtech app development (M-Learning vs: Premium vs.Free)
As we start discussing the comparison between free subscription and premium version, then the premium one is certain to be announced as the winner owing to its many special features, such as:
- Free subscription comprises just 20-40% of content, whereas premium subscription covers full course that is 95-100% mapped to board syllabus.
- As a premium member, you can ask doubts and get them cleared from your mentors.
- Internet connectivity is not required with the Premium version, as it works offline.
- Free subscription can be enjoyed for only 15-30 days as after that the validity expires, whereas premium version remains valid for the whole of the academic year.
- Even though free subscription doesn’t cost any, while premium version costs as much as Rs. 25000/class, still the benefits are unmatchable.
You can choose if you want to enter the market with a premium model or offer a free subscription. Most applications in the domain follow the freemium model where some features are available for free till trial and then you need to pay to avail those features.
It is important that you decide the right business model to proceed with the project, as it would determine your revenue and profits.
Extra Features to Make Your App Outstanding:
By now, you must be clear that the benefits of m-learning apps are immense, and by including these below-mentioned features, education app can be taken to an all-new level.
- Parental Access: Allows Parents to manage their kids and study courses chosen by them.
- Track Syllabus: Parents must be able to track the syllabus as well as see what lessons their kids are watching.
- Assess Performance: Parents should be given access to Test Reports and performances to keep an eye on their kids.
- Set Reminders regarding lessons: In case, the kid is not attending any virtual class at a defined time, an alert should be sent to parents.
- Discounts: When a user subscribes to several packages (courses), they should be rewarded discounts or other special offers.
E-commerce Along with the streaming, video lesions System can also allow students and parents to buy study materials like books, Video DVDs, Video SD cards, Tabs with Video Lessons.
There are a lot of features that you can add to your app. It depends on your m-learning business model. You may need to hire an android development team that can take care of the development of these extra features and integrate them to your product.
Techstack Required to Build an Education Mobile App
Here are some techstacks that are required to complete the educational app development process in an easy way. The technology stack for any application plays an important role in how the users would respond to the app. With constant evolution in technology, it is quite difficult to claim which is the best. Our developers who create apps like byju’s have worked on the solutions for years and understand what technology is best to use for the expected results.
Some of the other tools that can lower the impact of complexities, Such as :
- To process and manage data in real-time: Kafka Software
- For storage or caching with CDNs, it is better to use Amazon S3
- To integrate with Python services and model-based testing, use GraphWalker.
- For the primary platform structure, App Developer can take help of Google Cloud platforms or Dataproc.
- For the desktop-based UI (CEF) Chromium embedded Framework is a better option.
- One can also use Bootstrap to make it look classy and sleek for websites.
- Push Notifications – Twilio, Push.io
- SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification -Nexmo, Twilio
- Payments- Braintree & PayPal, Stripe, EWallets
- GWT- for Powerful Programming
- Datastax- for Data Management
- Mandrill- for everything related to emails
- Debian- the Universal Operating System
- Database- MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Postgress, Mail Chimp Integration
- Cloud Environment- AWS
- Real-time Analytics – Hadoop, Spark, BigData, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM
- Streaming Media System – Helix Universal Server, Wowza Streaming Engine, Nimble Streamer
The technology stack for the app is quite complicated and would need a lot of efforts to be turned into reality. We ensure when you reach us for an m-learning solution, we provide you with the latest solutions that are scalable and flexible and designed to suit your business needs.
Visit More: New Trends for eLearning App Development in 2024
How to Develop Interactive Video Lectures for Education Apps
A lot of people often reach out to us asking how to make videos like byju’s. Making videos like the app giant is not easy. Here’s how you can train your team to build interactive lecture videos for a highly interesting and engaging lecture.
How the videos are made:
1) The storyboard has to be created first.
2) Actors/teachers are shot in front of a green screen so that the background and graphics can be added later.
3) Graphics, music, and animation are added to the shot footage of the teacher.
Sounds really simple? Well, it isn’t. There were a lot of things that were to be looked after.
Required Tools & Software to Create video Lectures Animation Software Adobe After Effects
Video Editing & Mixing Software – Adobe Premier Pro, Mac Maya, Fusion9, Nuke
Image Editing & Graphics Software – Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
Video Shoot Skilled mind behind the Lens
Background Score -You can create your own OR you can buy online
Video plays an important role in helping students with their lessons. It is important that you take care of the details of the video and the quality before you upload it over the internet. It is important that your video is comprehensive and useful.
Video Streaming Architecture
EDTech app development Development Process
Once all the important features required for a sophisticated and quality-rich mobile app development have been gathered, begin with the development process. Here are the various aspects that need to be covered:
- Quality Assurance
These are the features of the video streaming architecture that we use for your mlearning team. Byju’s architecture is designed in a way that it can help you build video edtech app streaming easily.
Team Structure Required for Educational App Development
To complete the education app development process you will need a quality team structure. The creation of an eLearning app is not an easy task and it requires a lot of research and knowledge of the arena. Having the support of the right mobile app development team that excels in the arena of Educational App Development is essential. Once you have the right edtech app development company with skilled managers, mobile app designers, developers, and testers, you are good to go as it is the first milestone towards the development of a brilliant and successful mobile app. Here is the team required.
Project Manager: Well-equipped with managerial skills and good intellect, after all these attributes are essential to recognize the best in the mobile app industry landscape. Your project manager must find the most productive solutions effective for the accomplishment of business goals and insights.
Designers: Expert UX/UI designers, Graphic Designer
Testers: A team of proficient and skilled QA experts helpful in delivering a smooth and rich experience to users.
A team of learning developers can provide you with interesting solutions that are designed specifically to meet your needs. When you reach out to us to get an app like byju’s developed, the team will take care of the needs and ensure to add elements that would make your app stand out from the crowd.
Edtech App Development Cost: Approx Estimation
Now the cost of eLearning app development depends on its size & complexity. Other than that, the location of the developers and the number of hours consumed in the app creation play a crucial role in deciding the app development cost. Based on different zones, here we have outlined the cost to develop a featured m-learning care app.
- US-based developers: $100 to $250 per hour
- Eastern Europe-based developers: $80 to $180 per hour
- India-based developers: $25 to $50 per hour
Now according to the segments to be developed, the actual cost of development of such an app in India is graphed below:
Realted Blog: E-Learning Application Development Cost and Features
- Technical documentation (40 hours – $1000 to $2000)
- UI/UX design (60 Hours – $1500 to $3000)
- Front-end and Back-end development (400 Hours – $10,000 to $ 20,000)
- Testing (80 Hours – $2000 to $4000)
Byju’s technology stack influenced the investment in the app. After calculating the above overhead charges, the average cost of an M-Learning mobile app can be outlined. A reasonable app with limited features may cost up to $8,000 to $25,000 for a single platform and the charges can extend up to $35,000 in case, the app developed is feature-rich and is driven by high-quality standards.
The Key Takeaway about educational app development
As the world is evolving with technology, the learning domain hasn’t been left untouched. You can enter the market with a edtech app like Byjus and earn great profits. With technically-advanced and strong solutions we provide applications that are future-ready and can help you gain popularity in the market. The solutions are interactive and the concepts are explained in the simplest way. If you have any doubts regarding how to create an educational app? then contact our developers today. In this blog, we have discussed the complete educational app development process, features, workflow, etc.
So, if you are sure you want to enter the market with an interesting byju’s app clone, hire the best developers in the market. We are one of the top-rated education app development companies across the world and deliver quality learning solutions.