Well, the virtual classroom system is an online classroom which allows participants to communicate with one another, view videos or presentations, interact with fellow participants, as well as engage with resources in work groups.
You can call it a digital replica of a conventional classroom or say a training room. Here the trainers teach, and the students learn face-to-face, in real-time however via digitally-enabled technology devices. What remains intact is the classroom whiteboard, which is usually found in every classroom or meeting room.
Brainstorming sessions, discussions and ideations occur in real-time, besides, the usual tests take place before and post the teaching session. Students receive the reports right after the session. Hence, there is not much chance for the students as well as the trainers, and the only visible difference is that the digital classroom use technology in order to support learning and instruction.
“The benefits are immense, as the flexibility is more as compared to a traditional classroom. Like one gets to connect and teach geographically spread audience all at one time. Moreover, a digital classroom has more communication tools integrated such as in-app chat, in-app calling, open discussion board, multimedia content, pools & social media.”
How is Virtual Classroom system beneficial to the users?
In technical terms, a virtual classroom is an online learning place where distance education is delivered to learners face-to-face using internet on technical devices.
Meanwhile, virtual classroom software or system can be termed as a technology tool, medium or platform facilitating the delivery & consumption of eLearning content provided by you within a virtual learning setting.
The system works similarly for the businesses, where the employees, partners, customers, and vendors can be trained face-to-face, in real-time using a mobile app or it can even be incorporated with your website, LMS, ERP or CMS. The training can even be conducted when stakeholders are on the constant move. They have access to eLearning material, hence they can attend live session even from their tablets, smartphones or laptops.
How does Virtual Classroom Software come useful?
- Online tutoring & teaching: Now anyone from an individual trainer, school teacher, college professor to schools, tuition centers, colleges, and universities can use this system to offer virtual online classes based on competitive coaching, syllabus-based learning, homework assistance, or specialized tutoring.
- Employees training: This system has made it easy for companies to deliver training to their workforce in remote areas, associates, partners, suppliers while being at a central location.
- Host Webinar: Virtual classes come greatly helpful in hosting a webinar, product launch, business conference or online meeting to attain the marketing goals.
- Virtual Offices: Live office sessions can be conducted conveniently with remote teams at any time of the day.
- Live help desk: Virtual classroom software also introduces live customer support, which is long-desired by the users and also comes as an excellent tool for IT-based firms.
Why should you use virtual classroom system?
By now you must have realized that a virtual classroom system is nothing but a dream-come-true for a long list of people, from students, teachers, businesses, employees and hence the benefits have to be immense and the list hence is really long. So, let’s get started and explore the miscellaneous features offered by this brilliant system.
Top-Features of Virtual Classroom System:
Student (Trainee Panel):
- Concatenation of recorded files
Multiple session recordings can be concatenated into a single video file once the session ends, with just a single click or it downloads multiple files.
- Countdown Timer
Its aesthetically pleasant landing page comes with a responsive countdown timer which keeps meeting participants in the loop regarding how much time is remaining for a live class to start.
- Screen Sharing and Remote Control
Provide a better experience to users with computer-based training class by sharing the entire screen or maybe just a single app, as required. Remote screen sharing facility can be initiated and offered on students’ computers.
- ‘Raise Your Hand’ Feature
Here as well students can raise a hand to clear any query midway. There is a ‘raise-hand’ feature to do the same and get the teacher’s attention.
- Group Chat
This feature enables interaction with instructors and students in real-time. There is a collaborative chat feature for everything starting from discussion related to class aspects, as well as sharing useful information.
- Save chat transcripts
This feature allows attendees to save chat transcripts in their computer as an HTML file, hence preserving entire chat communications in a live session.
Teacher (Instructor Panel):
- Prepare Classes in Advance
Session related presentations can be upload by instructors in advance. They can enter a live class sometime prior to the session in order to prepare for the class.
- Schedule Recurring Classes
With a robust class schedule, you can schedule one-time or recurring classes which will repeat every day, every week, or maybe on specific days of a week.
- Integrate E-Commerce
Online payment facility is integrated into the app, such as PayPal, Braintree, and Stripe, selling your live classes, webinars, and conferences so you can make faster revenue.
- Share files in chat
Files can be easily shared with your attendees in the chat window with automatic image files preview as clicked.
- Integrated Content Library
Files like DOC, PDF, and PPT can be uploaded in advance so that you can share it with the student any time during a live session from the content library.
- Record Session
The system supports server-side HTML5-based session recording, where you don’t have to install any other software or browser plugins. Simply download recorded lessons in HD, share them and play online for the attendees.
- Attendance Reports
Robust reporting & analytics dashboard is offered to quickly and easily obtain a big lot of essential data like duration, attendance report and time in/out of the attendees.
- Rich Markup & Annotation Tools
These can be used on whiteboards and over images & slides. Besides, pointers & checkers can be used to focus on the attendees’ attention. Find a rich clip-art library along with numerous math symbols which are of good use.
- Breakout Rooms Support
Live BreakOut rooms allow teachers to split the class into smaller groups, thus students can collaborate and practice individually.
- Global Region Selection
Instructors can pick a region closer to them from global low-latency secure infrastructure as they schedule a virtual live class to get optimum performance & faster load-time.
- Secure E-mail Invitation
An email invite can be sent with a secure link that is automatically generated, thus even allowing attendees not having a user account to join live sessions held by you.
- Robust Moderation Tools
Participants can be offered webcam & microphone access, allow/disallow whiteboard controlling, document & presentation sharing & screen sharing.
- Online Polls & Surveys
The polling feature is crucial in case of virtual classrooms to gain attendees feedback. Online polls with an adequate question can be arranged and receive answers instantly.
- Multiple-Language Support
Interface language is easy to set and this great feature enables you to offer 50 languages to the attendees.
- iCal Integration
Simplify scheduling by integrating calendar when the participants use different calendar systems.
- Group HTML5 Screen Sharing
Offers Group HTML-5 based HD Screen Sharing facility in a tabbed interface. This enhances computer-based training classes by sharing the entire screen or just a single app.
- Free SSL Certificate: It is easy to fully encrypt your custom hostname, which enhances your security & performance, increases customer trust and boosts your SEO.
- High-definition Video Conference: Live video conferencing enhances the live classes, group discussion, and team meetings. The system offers WebRTC based Ultra HD video & audio conferencing feature with multiple full HD participants sans the need to install additional plugins.
- High-Quality Voice Over IP (VoIP): There is integrated audio conferencing that works excellently even on lower bandwidths offering high-quality voice over IP. WebRTC based Full Duplex Audio supports crystal clear live audio streams over any protocol and it greatly reduces audio latency. Besides, there are no additional charges for audio conferencing.
- Interactive Whiteboards: There are numerous shared whiteboards, where one can type text, or launch images and the slides. It offers fully digital tablet support for handwriting and precise writing while supports drawing tool, LaTEX math equation, draws symbols & shapes, saves a snapshot, and even shares documents in multiple tabs.
- LaTeX Equation Editor Support:Create and display complex LaTeX match equations easily on whiteboard using interactive LaTeX Equation Editor.
- Network Traversal: Custom STUN/TURN servers that work impressively fast over Transport Layer Security (TLS) transport enables seamless connection to the global network.
- Session heartbeat: In case of intermittent network issues, the heartbeat mechanism automatically retries session connectivity to the server without the user’s requirement to intervene.
- Touchscreen support: A pen or even a finger can be used to write and draw on the whiteboard on touch-capable monitors in real-time. It supports third-party devices like Wacom stylus as well.
- RTL Support: Additional Support is offered for languages which are written in a Right-To-Left (RTL) direction like Hebrew, Urdu, Persian, and Arabic. With RTL Support your live classes get a voice for entire global.
- Media Web Player: Vimeo or YouTube videos can be played or uploaded as well as you can play MP4, MP3 and WebM files from the content library during a live classroom session.
- Secure Media Streaming: With global CDN offered with low latency, all the audio and video files can be streamed. These audio and video files are securely stored and protected with the use of signed URLs.
- Developer API: It is used to easily integrate virtual classroom in your website, LMS, CMS, or any app. With API you get responses using JSON and XML when relevant.
There were the crucial features that go into the making of effective and superior quality Virtual Classroom System. As I conclude, let me tell you that online classes are quite common nowadays at every part of the world and if you are also contemplating to venture into the arena, it is vital that you choose the right development team with best of experience and adept skills required to create the sophisticated system. Talking of features, well you already know what it takes to create the best virtual classroom software.