Love for boating, water sports, and fishing is not hidden from anyone. People consider boating as the best way to explore natural beauty. According to them, it is at its best when they see it from the water. Most of the times people either opt for a driver with a boat and in some cases, they tend to ride it by itself. Well, in both cases, an On-demand boat renting mobile app is the perfect solution to meet the user's boating requirements. Well, many of the boat renting companies are getting linked up with such apps for serving a larger user base. These types of services are dominating in coastal areas nowadays and thus, businesses are continuously thriving for the On-demand boat renting apps, so as to serve a large user base.
These apps not just allow the users to book the boats but permits them to make payments, check weather and routes, select the captain, calculate the fare, track down the right path, and much more. So, if you are getting ready to embark on the same niche, then keep reading the post for identifying the basic features, cost, and technologies for engineering the feature-rich On-demand boat renting mobile app.
Features of a Boat Rental Booking Software
It is important that the features that you have included in your application are designed as per user intent. When you reach a professional team it becomes quite easier for you to identify the working of the application. Over the years, we have developed a list of features that your application should have.
Some of these features are common for most applications and it is meant to improve their functionality.
The customer defines the failure and success of the application. If your application is designed in a way where your customers can easily find solutions to their problems the application gains popularity.
It is important that the application is developed with user intent and helps you earn the best profits.
- Simple Login: This is the first section where the user will land on. The user can sign into the app with the help of email or social networking credentials.
- Multiple Boat Types: Under this section, the users can select the type of boats they desire. They can book the boat for different purposes such as water sports, sailing, fishing, etc
- Schedule Booking: Accordingly, users can select the boat and can grab an idea about its basic information so as to schedule the booking in a convenient way.
- Book Now: Owing to any urgency or some critical requirements, this feature allows the user to book the boat for rent instantly without any delay.
- Manage Bookings: Users can manage all their confirmed bookings along with the time span charted with a single tap and can keep a track of their upcoming bookings as well.
- Fare calculator: Under this section, according to the distance to be covered, the users can determine the subsequent KM ranges and can calculate the fare charges.
- Payments & Receipts: With all the digital payment systems integrated users can pay for the incurred fare charges with the appropriate ride receipts.
- Notification & Alerts: Users get the notification, alerts, and SMS on the booking confirmation, app updates, payment transferred, etc.
- Tracking & Security: Customers can track the location on a real-time basis and can share it amongst their friends as well for ensuring security.
- Select the number of passengers: Under this section, the users can specify the number of passengers that will be traveling in the boat. Accordingly, they can select the type of boat required.
- Cancel a booking: Under this section, a user can cancel the upcoming bookings owing to any urgency as and when required, thus adding to a more effective rental solution.
- Make payments: The users can make the payments with integrated payment models such as PayPal, Credit/Debit Card, etc in a convenient way.
- Ratings and reviews: Under this section, the users can assign ratings and reviews as per their experience and on the basis of service delivered. Select the coastal location: Under this section, the users can specify the coastal location on which they desire to boat. Accordingly, the app can specify the appropriate boat renting service providers so as to allow the users to book boats in a convenient way.
BOAT OWNER PANEL:
- Login: This is similar to the user panel. The boat owner can log in with the help of OTP verification sent to their mobile phone or email account.
- Accept/Reject user request: Depending on the number and the type of user’s request, the owner can confirm/accept, or reject the user's request.
- Manage the captain details: All the captains working with the boat renting company are managed by the boat owner. The users can view their profile and can get an idea of their experience and expertise.
- Manage the boat types: All the boat types for different purposes such as sailing, fishing, cuisine, water sports, etc are managed by admin.
- Set hourly rates: In this section, the owner can specify their boat renting specifications. They can manage boat prices, fare charges, etc. as well.
- Manage earnings: Depending on the number of users request captured, the owners can check their earnings on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Dashboard: The users and the boat owners can be managed by the admin. He can verify all the processed and unprocessed boat renting requests.
- Boat Management: Under this section, the admin can monitor all the boats that are associated with the app along with the ones that are assigned to the users.
- Customer Management: All the users that are associated with the app are monitored and stored under this category.
- Payment Manager: All the payment gateways, payment details, commission amounts are managed and stored for making transparent transaction systems.
- Reporting & Analytics: All the real-time reports associated with the boat renting details such as the category of the boats most selected, the numbers of orders accumulated, etc are graphed in the form of reports for streamlining the business operations.
- Manage Availability: All the categories of the boats are managed by the Admin. Accordingly, all the information related to the boat availability is updated as per the rental bookings.
- Manage Fares/Location-Based charges: All the fare structures, on-demand charges, and the renting cost for the particular areas or the navigation routes are decided and managed by Admin.
Few more advanced features:
These advanced features make your application stand out from the crowd. This sets up a better standard for your application and helps you stay ahead of the competition.
- Assign Captains: It allows the users to book the captain along with the boat when required. In most cases, when the users are keen on a sailboat for a longer distance, they tend to book captains for accomplishing the journey.
- In-app communication: Allow the users to communicate with the boat captain over the voice/video call in the event of some queries. The users can discuss the boat specifications, fuel details, and the most appropriate routes to be taken. The stated feature helps in ensuring the security of the users to a great extent.
- Weather check: This is a very important feature of an On-demand boat renting mobile apps. Before sailing, the users must be updated about the weather conditions, as boating can prove quite dangerous in the stormy or rainy seasons. Further, they must also be aware of the sea levels or the route they are keen on taking.
- Interactive statistics: These interactive statistics come to help a lot in making the overall business procedures streamlined. Real-time reports related to the number of orders captured, distance covered, payments, etc can be generated so as to manage business processes and for extracting out all the relevant business insights and ideologies.
- Operational Zone Setup: This contributes to your business in case you are on the verge of making it more customized. Precisely, with the aid of this feature, you can serve those areas from where the maximum number of booking orders are captured. Operational Zone Set-up allows you to aware of the users about the services you are offering in a particular area or coastal region.
- Payment Gateway: Integrating digital payment solutions befits boat renting app development in many aspects. Multiple payment options such as net banking, eWallet, or credit/debit cards can be embedded for allowing the users to make the payments within an app.
- Geolocation Integration: GPS integration is very important for your app whether you are assigning the drivers not. With the aid of GPS, the users can find the exact navigation route to be taken on a real-time basis as well as allows them to look for even more optimized paths so as to accomplish the journey in just the right way.
- Cloud-Based: With the help of cloud-based servers, all the important business data and the deals can be stored in a much-secured way. The entire information associated with the users, boats, renting organizations, and captains is managed over a reliable cloud-based infrastructure. This way it gets easy to handle all the data-driven operations and furthermore, all the required information can be accessed anytime and from anywhere.
- Promo Code & Offers: Delivering the promo code and offers on a frequent basis encourages the users to rent the boat more often. They work great In keeping the users engaged and keeps them attuned to the app. Undeniably users just love to avail of the services that are delivered to them at low cost and thus presenting some offers and discounts on a regular basis increases the user base and app visibility.
- Rental cost calculator: The car rental cost calculator is a very interesting feature and allows the user to calculate the rent of the boat borrowed. Under this feature, the user can enter the coastal location, the time and date of which they want the boat, and the day of return. Accordingly, the calculator will graph a rough idea about the rental cost to be incurred thus keeps the user aware in the advance about the upcoming rent expenses.
When talking about the features of the boat ride-booking application, these are just the basic features. These features make it easier for the users and the service providers to connect with each other and generate profit.
One factor that defines the use of the application is the technology used. It becomes quite convenient to bring on the stage some interesting solutions that are interesting.
Technology Stack for Rental Boat App Development
The right technology with the right implementation brings you the best results on the screen. While developing a robust and sophisticated On-demand boat renting mobile app, it is imperative to select the right technological requirements for meeting the diverse requirements of the users and the evolving business requirements.
- Bandwidth, Twilio For Push Notifications
- Nexmo For SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification
- Braintree & PayPal For accepting payments
- GWT For Powerful Programming
- Datastax for Data Management
- Mandrill For everything related to emails
- Debian The universal Operating System
- Database MongoDB, Hbase, Cassandra, Postgress, Mail Chimp Integration
- Cloud Environment AWS
- Real-time Analytics Hadoop, Spark, BigData, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM
The technology that we use in the app development process makes it easier for people to connect with the application and accomplish the tasks. We experiment with the latest technologies and help you offer solutions that are ahead of time. These futuristic solutions help you stay ahead of the competition.
Required Team Structure for Yacht Rental App Development
Certainly, for converting your app idea into reality you need a talented and astute pool of skilled managers, mobile app developers, designers, and testers for making your On-demand boat renting mobile app best in the industrial niche.
- Project Manager: She/he should be equipped with managerial skills and must be intelligent enough to identify the best in the mobile app industry landscape.
- Developers: Android App Developer, iOS App Developer, Back-end App Developers
- Designers: Expert UX/UI designers, Graphic Designer
- Testers: A team of proficient and skilled QA experts for delivering a smooth and rich experience to users
These four pillars help develop a boat rental app like Turo that is efficient and accurate and helps you make the most profits. Our team involves you in the complete development process that would make it easy for you to earn better profits. The agile methodology makes it easier for the development team and the clients to be on the same page of the development cycle.
The Cost Estimation of On Demand Boat Ride Booking App Development
Now let us decide the cost of developing an On-demand boat renting mobile app. The project is not very expensive and would reflect great outcomes if the team hired is verified before. Depending on the complexity of the app and features to be integrated, accordingly, the cost of a mobile app is estimated. A robust and sophisticated boat renting mobile app will go through the below procedures:
- Design (50-80 hours)
- The user panel development (350-400 hours for each platform)
- API development (90-120 hours)
- Admin Panel (130-190 hours)
It will cost near to $12000-$20,000 for developing a salient app that encompassed the above features. However, developing a fully proficient app with all the advanced and sound technical parameters will cost a little extra, but then the chances of getting your app a complete hit increase.
And if you want a more advanced application, the cost of boat rental app development may rise to around $90,000 to $120,000.
We offer the best services at the most affordable rates.
Wrap This Up!
When talking about boat rental apps like GetMyBoat it is important that the features and other factors are considered. One significant thing that is to be followed in these applications is the way they connect the user and the service provider. There are various methods and technologies and to implement them you need to hire a team of experts. With Artificial Intelligence solutions and Big Data expanding their domains, it has become quite significant for the service providers to earn the name in the field to mark their impact.
Applications like these are designed keeping in mind a specific target audience and it is important that one takes care of all the aspects without any flaws.
If you have an app idea that you want to monetize on, our experts are right here!