“As the term abbreviates itself, Fantasy Sports is developed to experience the best feel of sports. It is a virtual game which is played with more of guessing style. Also known as Fantasy Sports league, it usually offers a sign-up bonus, cash prizes, and a lot of enthralment to its participants.”
Dream11 is a name immensely popular among everyone nowadays. In the league of myriad fantasy sports mobile apps, it is one name that has successfully carved its niche among the sports lovers and continue to do so. In simple terms, it is a fantasy sports platform based in India that allows users to play fantasy cricket, football, kabaddi and basketball games.
It is among the best Fantasy Cricket Sports app with ability where its participants can win cash prize legally. Its participants can also withdraw their prize money over the transfer from their Dream11 account linked with PAN card (mandatory as an ID proof) and get money into the bank account.
Growing Fantasy Sports Market of India
It doesn’t come as very surprising to know about the prominence of Fantasy Sports Apps in the country and across the world and it has grown really big. The industry is prepping up to break all records as it comes to engaging sports enthusiasts and testing their knowledge and skills in sports. In fact, you may never know that soon all sports leagues in the nation offer their very own fantasy leagues to their fans, a la fantasy premier league. Presently, IPL (Indian Premier League) & ISL (Indian Super League) already run their own official fantasy leagues in India.
The frenzy can be understood by India’s first report on the growth of Fantasy Sports Industry, which states:
- IFSG-AC Nielsen report avers 2 out of 3 i.e. 67% of the 18 crore online Indian cricket fans are aware of fantasy sports.
- Dream11 enjoys 1.8 crore users and with this, it enjoys being the biggest player in the race.
- The gap between 67% awareness and 10% adoption signals towards the tremendous growth potential for the industry.
- Rapid growth registered in the last two years, from 2 million users in 2016 to 20 million in 2018
- 89% of users play fantasy sports at least once in a month.
- In terms of engagement, users tend to spend 42 minutes a day playing fantasy sports apps.
Business Aspect: Even from the business point of view, fantasy sport is a great start-up idea to invest in the nation. The business model proves to be strong in terms of revenue and also ensures earnings through brand partnerships, contest sponsors, advertisements, and entry fees.
Fantasy sports market across the world
If we go back in time to understand about the emergence of Fantasy Sports League, well it was in 1952 in the USA that Fantasy Sports came into existence. And today it enjoys 200+ operators with 59.3 million users (21% of US population). Around 65% of a male sports fan in USA play fantasy sports.
Some other facts related to Fantasy Sports trend across the world are:
- 53% of players primarily use their mobile device for fantasy
- 54% of fantasy players are aged between 18 & 34
- The popular Fantasy Sports are: Soccer, NCAA Football, Basketball & Baseball
|Types Of Fantasy Games
||Popular Sports for Fantasy Games
How to set up Business Model like Dream 11?
By teaming up with a brilliant mobile app development team, you can create a website which aptly suits your requirements. The team of experts will help you create an innovative and unique application for your Fantasy Sports business. Choosing the right development partner is crucial to fulfilling your fantasy of creating a superior-quality app.
Application Features & Functionality
Registration/Log-in: User can register and log-in to the app using the username, email ID, contact number, password and mention referral code (if provided by friends).
Home Screen: This is the main/default screen that user will land on after logging in to the app. The entire match misting is displayed here. A user can filter a search by Matches, Sports Type (Cricket, NBA, Football), Match Category (Upcoming match, Ongoing/Live match, Results). Match listing includes, Tournament Name, Team 1 (Name with Image), Team 2 (Name with Image) & Match Timing (Date & Time).
Once the user has selected the desired match from the listing, a user will be redirected to the contest screen.
Contest: At this section user can view the entire contest listings for the respective match with details like, Filter Contest By: Entry Fee Range, Winning Range, Contest Type, Contest Size; then on Contest Listing includes: Contest Type, Contest Name, Entry Fee, Total winning amount of the contest, Winners Count (here user can view the winning criteria according to their rank), Total Team Count (team that can join). A user can select their desired contest and join.
Join Contest: Under this section user will require to pay the respective entry fees and join the contest.
Payment Mode: Online payment modes are provided such as Credit/Debit Card, Paytm Wallet, Application wallet, Referral cash bonus points.
Create your own contest: With a single tap, user will be able to create their own contest by submitting the following detail such as: Contest Name, Total Winning Amount (Min & Max), Contest Size (Min 2 & Max 100), Allow multiple team (yes/no), Entry fees (Entry fee is calculated on the basis of total price amount & contest size selected), Join Contest, here contest creator need to join the contest first, before creating), Invite their friends to join the contest
My Contest: Under this section, the user will able to view the list of joined contestants. Here s/he can view & Edit their picked team players and filter search by Match types (Upcoming, Live, Results)
(Note: User can only update their team players before a certain time limit before match play time. Then it will be managed by the owner of the application.)
My Profile (Dashboard): Under this section, the user will able to view & update their profile details. This section will also include: Your reward points, Account details (such as, Total balance, User winning amount, User cash bonus (By referral), View transaction, Manage payments, Add Cash, Withdraw winning amount (Add your bank account or add your pan card detail*), Rankin (Overall ranking), My friends, Invite & earn (Explained below), Logout.
(Note: Admin will verify the account detail and update user accordingly)
Settings (More): Under this section, the user can view other required features of the app such as:
- Invite & Earn: Under this section user will share app URL to their friends with app link and their referral code. On joining the contest with referral code shared by the user, he/she will get a bonus amount for the same. Also, a user will get rewarded with some cash bonus into their app wallet whenever their referred friends join any contest.
(Note: Reward points and cash bonus will be managed by the owner of the system.)
- CMS section: This section will include, About us, Help, Contact Us, Point System
Admin User (Backend Panel)
Admin login: From here Admin has to login to the app using, Username & Password.
Dashboard: This section will give the stats of fields, such as Total Matches (Upcoming, Ongoing, Played Matches), Total Contestant, & Entire Earnings
User Manager: Admin can manage the entire user account, like Edit/Delete/Add/Active/Deactivate accounts.
Manage matches: Admin will able to manage entire matches of the application and can Edit/Delete/Add/Active/Deactivate matches.
Manage Games Category: Admin can manage the games categories.
Contest Manager: Admin will able to manage entire match contests of the application and can Edit/Delete/Add/Active/Deactivate match contest.
Earnings: View entire earning from the application with various filters.
Manage Payment: Admin will able to manage various mode of payments of the application.
Manage Reward Points: From here, the Reward Points offered to the users can be managed by Admin.
Manage Cash bonus: Admin will be able to manage the cash prizes and cash bonus offered to the participants.
Manage Reports: Admin will be able to generate reports such as Contest reports, Contestant reports, Match report, Earning Report, Player Ranking reports
Manage Bank Withdraw request: Admin will able to view entire request from the contestant to withdraw their winning amount into their respective bank. Admin is authorized to: Accept/Reject bank detail, Accept/Reject Pan card detail, View Entire Contestant list (Approved as well as Rejected), Send money to the contestant.
Manage CMS pages: Admin can manage sections like, About us, Contact Us, Help, Points System
- Live Match Score: User will be able to watch live scores for a variety of matches and sports, apart from game highlights, expert analysis, and original video programs.
- Live Score API Integration: The Fantasy Sports App API provides easy to use, ready-made data for the developers that can be easily integrated to their platforms.
- CRM integration: The app is integrated with the back-end service provider and helps in managing tickets, user-location, send emails, push notification and proves useful in many other ways.
- Push Notification: Alerts and messages are sent to the users to inform them when it’s time to create a team, when the match will begin, etc.
- Real-time Analytics: This technology proves to be critical in apps like these when the data needs to be captured in real-time. The data is constantly stored and updated in real-time.
- GPS Location Tracking: This feature is effective in sending alerts and push notifications to the app users about the upcoming or ongoing leagues and matches nearby their location.
- Custom Mail Reminder System: Custom Mails will be sent to the participants to inform them about upcoming matches, or information related to their picked players or team.
- Payment System: There are various payment modes and users can easily make payment using Debit/Credit card, Net banking, or e-Wallet.
Aryabhata – Leaderboard Architecture of Dream 11
- Dream11 API is an edge service that serves all requests
- Resources consumed and created are saved to MySQL database
- After match deadline, data is fetched from MySQL to s3 via Amazon Data pipeline
- Data Pipeline saves all contest related information to s3
- Data pipeline sends an SNS notification on completion of data transfer
- SNS triggers a lambda function which makes an API call to Leaderboard API
- Leaderboard service schedules data loading spark job on spark cluster using Spark Job Server.
- Spark reads contest data from S3 and saves it to Cassandra after processing. Data is ready to serve
- Leaderboard service connects to Cassandra for showing contest detail views as explained earlier.
What are the things to be taken care of?
Well, it is a massive job to develop and launch a Fantasy Sports app, and one should be aware of the outcome and aspects which must not be ignored during the process. So, here let’s get the idea about the thing that you must avoid at all costs while creating such an app:
- Better not go all out as in case of your marketing spends when launching the final product, without getting an MVP (minimum viable product) first of all. Also, gather positive customer data and statistics that will prove helpful.
- If you are not fully assured that your backend will be able to handle it, don’t splurge on marketing as convincing unsatisfied users to return is way more expensive.
- Never leave it over to someone to run your business – they will just burn your money, earn their money, and ultimately leave your business for a better job.
- There is nothing like ‘you will the opportunity if the product is launched a little late” as it works just the way it should – ultimately product comes out as a winner.
- Last, but not the least, don’t let anyone convince you to spend much more and much earlier than you should.
A little information about the Legal Aspects
With the debate over sports betting apps heating up around the globe, it is a good respite to know that Indian legal system has clearly separated fantasy sports from betting/gambling activities, considering it a game of skill. It is a game where sports fans can create their fantasy teams by combining players, who they think will be performing better than the others in a real-field game.
As per the Central Government Act, “The Public Gambling Act, 1867, comprising of 18 Sections, in Section 12 it states, “Nothing in the provisions of this Act contained shall be held to apply to any game of mere skill wherever played.” Hence, it is confirmed that Fantasy sports, being a game of skill, is excluded.
Final Note: Fantasy Sport is the “Game of the Future” and is expected to grow at a rapid pace as more and more countries are legalizing it. You may expect it to be a bigger game than the sport itself. Since dozens of sports events are about to take place in the near future, including the FIFA, World T-20, and ICC World Cup, it’s the right time to take your lion’s share. Build a Fantasy App now and give the sports lovers another reason to play.