On-demand food ordering delivery apps like Postmates, Grubhub, Doordash, Zomato, Just Eat and Uber Eats are making life as hassle-free as it ever could be. People can order their favorite dish from the comfort of home and get immediate doorstep delivery. If you want to upscale your restaurant business, the best way is to start Food delivery app development. The next bailiwick in the era of the internet and smartphones is simply your restaurant table. If you want to monetize the trends, all you need to do is hire a food delivery app development company to leverage the power of technology for your organization.
If you want to develop a food delivery app, the first thing you need is to collaborate with nearby restaurants and local food vendors to let your users have a plethora of cuisines to choose from. The success of these apps is highly dependent on the joint efforts of the firm and restaurants. They should go for the development of the food delivery mobile application as one unit that functions together.
A lot of entrepreneurs and business owners often hesitate to start such a business as they aren’t sure about the factors that influence food delivery app development cost.
Once the order is delivered, to the customer the profit margin is split between the app owner and restaurant owner.
The work process is easy, there are a few more challenges that you as a business owner may face when talking about the home delivery application development.
One more factor other than the cost of food delivery app development that may give you second thoughts about your business is basic marketing challenges. Experts at Octal IT solution, share here the challenges and its solution to help you through the tasks.
With some of the big names in the market already, setting up a foot and establishing your ground may be a tough call to make. With interesting features, prompt responses, and credible services you can gradually set up your foot in the market and be in a win-win situation.
Restaurants are already partnering with some big names and sharing their profits with them. As time passes, it would become quite difficult for the restaurants to build new collaborations. Convincing them to collaborate with you is going to be a great challenge.
Offer some better partnerships and reach restaurants that don’t partner with a lot of food delivery apps.
When it comes to developing the app, your developer must focus on the transitions between the panels. With clear transitions and an easy understanding of the app, one can surely make a difference in the functioning and popularity of the app.
This is another challenge that you may face when we talk about food delivery app development. If you are looking forward to making an app work, all you need to do is choose the right set of features for a highly competitive and revenue-generating app.
In the article later, our experts have shared a list of features that would help you in mobile app development.
When it comes to taking any business online, the first challenge is to hire the right developer. See if they can help with the latest tech trends and information. Review their client testimonials and study their market value. These are a few factors that can help you decide who to hire for your work.
Another factor that influences the food delivery app cost is the business model used. Mobile app developers discuss here various food delivery app models that you can use for your app idea.
These are a few challenges and their solutions that would help you ace the food delivery app market like a pro.
Here the food delivery app acts as a platform where the user and restaurants meet. The user can place the order here and the restaurants can get the order delivered. The app is not bound to provide the rider or the delivery service.
For example, if you place an order via Domino’s app, it is the rider assigned by Domino’s who delivers the order.
The cost of developing an aggregator food delivery app model can be estimated at $121.29 per customer.
One of the most important food delivery app features is the rider. If you can take the responsibility to get the food delivered on time, then you are already ahead in your game. This app model helps the customer to connect with the restaurant and place their order. Further, they assign a rider who would collect food from the restaurant and deliver it to the customer.
A step-by-step approach to developing a Food aggregator mobile App is shown below in a more exhaustive way.
Restaurant owners will also have to go through a registration and login process from the app itself, and they have to submit extra for the authenticity of the business. The details of the functioning would be shared with the restaurant owners by the developers in form of food delivery app documentation.
When an entrepreneur comes to us with questions like how to make a food delivery app in India, the first thing we ask them to confirm is if they want to have a rider’s panel or not.
1. Login: The rider will receive login credentials from the admin to enter the application.
2. Order Request: When the customer places an order then it will be the auto-assigned basis on the location. Each order will appear with the order ID, customer name, and delivery address. The rider can either accept or reject the delivery request on the home delivery application. Also if permitted he can let the customer view his details.
3. Order Delivery: Once the order is accepted; he/she will deliver the order at the customer location and make the order completed. Order will be maintained with status i.e. placed, packed, on the way, delivered, etc.
4. Order History/Logs: This panel lets the delivery boy check past orders that are completed. When talking about developing an app like Zomato, each element of the app must be well-taken care of. Filters like date range, status, and ID can make the process of verification easier.
5. Call/Chat: Zomato app development cost includes the price of integrating an in-app calling and messaging feature. This makes it easier for the customers and delivery person to communicate with each other.
6. Push Notifications: The delivery boy will get a push notification for any update from the customer panel or the restaurant panel if required.
7. Wallet/Get Paid Offline: The delivery person would be paid by the admin on a weekly or monthly basis. If the delivery boy has an in-app wallet then he can receive payment in his wallet else the payment would be transferred to a bank account.
8. GPS Tracking: It is significant for the customer and the restaurant to track the location of the delivery boy. Also, with GPS tracking the customer can guide the delivery boy to their exact location.
9. Transaction History: This is an important aspect that one needs to mention in their food ordering app documentation. Here the delivery boy can check the past transactions and see his total income in just a click.
10. Online Support: It is important to include this feature in your app. In case the delivery boy faces a lot of issues, he can communicate with the support team to get instant help.
11. Google Map Navigation: As the delivery boy will be responsible to deliver the order if he accepts, he can view the customer’s address on the map and can be navigated to the designation through the Google map.
After the successful download and installation of the app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store, the customers further need to login and register to the app.
1. Login: With simple social media integration of Facebook, Gmail, or by just a single OTP confirmation on the user's mobile number the login process can be completed.
2. Location: When talking about the food delivery app development, one important feature is to the pick location. Based on the user’s location, the list of available restaurants is shown, and estimated delivery time is also calculated.
3. Homepage: When developing an app like Zomato, the relevance, and the features of its homepage must be well studied. Let your app show nearby restaurants, most ordered dishes and other things that your customer wants handy.
4. Menu: This is another most noted feature of an on-demand food aggregator mobile app. Let the customer review his order and other details before making the final payment.
5. Set Pickup on the Map: Either let GPS pickup your address so that the app recognizes your exact location or manually set your pickup location on the map.
6. Payment: Once everything is checked and verified it is time to make the final payment. Let the user choose from various payment methods the one that suits them the best.
7. Review Screen: Developing a review section would already be a part of the cost to develop a delivery app. Let users write reviews and comments in the section for each restaurant in detail.
Related Blog: How to succeed in Restaurant Food Delivery business?
8. Past order: Let the app show past orders to make re-ordering easier.
9. Offers and Discounts: Let your users be updated be about the offers and discounts their favorite restaurant is offering. Push notification is an important feature your delivery app developer needs to include in your product.
10. Contact Information: It could be that the customer needs to connect with the restaurant or the rider or the rider needs to connect with the customer or the restaurant, just make sure the information for each is updated and shared for clear communication.
11. Track Delivery Boy: Track the exact location of the delivery boy and see him coming in real-time.
12. Search: The section is placed on the top of the home screen of the home page and is mandatory for the on-demand food delivery app. When talking about food delivery app price comparison is an important factor. Let users search by the food name of all the restaurants that are delivering a particular dish at various prices.
13. Refine Search: As a firm or an entrepreneur one can also keep an option for filtering things like delivery time, reviews, offers, and sort the list by user's preference of ascending and descending in terms of price.
On-time delivery and promptness are the key factors that drive engagement and customers to your mobile app. Machine learning can help in calculating delivery time. The restaurant app development cost takes into account many factors like order quantity, location to be delivered, traffic, and availability of the drivers.
Queue Algorithm- Order assignment will be processed through the queue algorithm in which the system will auto-detect the delivery boy's current location and assign a nearby delivery boy. Location can be set by the admin that what range will be covered for queuing.
Push Notifications- Push Notifications are one important feature that the App Developer should not skip. The user must be notified about the order status timely. Regular updates help users know when their food is arriving.
Real-time Analytics- Real-time Analytics Panel powered by DB infrastructure and algorithms. It keeps you in control of your operational data and helps you reach on time-sensitive events to build projections. With the Analytics Panel, you get real-time revenue reports, revenue projections; drive your business by the numbers, and much more.
CMS for News & Articles- The developer can focus on various aspects of the app. The admin can share articles and news about the new restaurants in the area or they can feature a dish. When it comes to the home delivery app, there are a few more aspects that can be looked for.
Some of the features that can be included are-
Find By Meal Type- Let your app developer make it easier for your customers to navigate through the app by simply showing options like breakfast, lunch, evening, snacks, and dinner instead of nearby restaurant lists. The app must provide different sections according to food types and users' interests.
For example, a section for quick foods can be prepared and delivered within a few minutes. Another section of the app can be for healthy diet conscious people. After selecting the main item from the menu, the user should be shown options to choose complementary dishes and added beverages. Along with that, the user can also keep an option for customizing the meal. It will give the user more flexibility in what they are ordering and will leave a good impression of the app.
The food delivery app cost is also affected by the technology stack that is used. Before developing the final app working on a prototype would be a great idea.
The first thing which makes a good impression of the On-Demand Food delivery app development is the sleek and clean user interface. Hiring an experienced UX/UI designer is a necessity rather than a choice. A team of two backend developers, two Android developers, and two iOS developers are enough for a successful food app development. It is also important to have a team of testing and quality assurance professionals in case of a major breakdown of the App.
Food Delivery App Development Process
Well, the food delivery app development cost largely depends on the functionalities and features you wish to implement in your app. However, to give an approximate value, a simple food delivery app may cost around $12,000 - $20,000, whereas a more sophisticated solution may go beyond $40,000.
And the below-defined estimate for your app as well (For developing a reasonable app, with the limited features and Android coding, the cost of building an app like Zomato in India can be calculated based on the below bifurcation of involved activities).
Another significant point to remember is that developing an iOS app costs slightly less than an Android app, as that needs rigorous app testing which involves an enormous sum of money.
The scope of food delivery applications isn’t just restricted to the present day; it has a greater prospect too. With various technologies assisting humans over various functions the face of almost every industry is bound to change by the next decade. Let’s explore here the technologies that are expected to expand the scope of the industry.
With augmented and virtual reality in action, all you need to do is push yourselves further and let the users have the real-life experience of watching their food being prepared.
Exactly what Domino’s did for kids!
When talking about the business model the scope of expansion is really vast. New partnering solutions, better collaborations, interesting food journeys, etc. can make you stand out from the competition. If you are looking forward to investing for the long term then considering expansion scopes is a must.
With the outbreak of the pandemic, drones have entered the delivery market. Cool!
Who knows what the future holds for us, but automated vehicles and drones are surely on their way to gaining popularity and claiming their market stature.
Customer data and analysis is a major part of the game. With advances in big data solution, customer information can be easily explored. You can make use of predictive analysis and see if you can understand your customers better and make use of their working process.
With blockchain technology gaining popularity, isn’t it interesting to make use of it to place your orders? This is just anticipation. You cannot be sure what to expect in future. Being hopeful about the future trends and upscaling your business to walk with the trends is important.
If you are looking forward to investing in the business, the food delivery app development cost would surely include integrating the basic models of these technologies with your application.
Surely, this is a long read. It is going to help you take your business to new heights and earn great revenues. Zomato and similar apps have been in the business for long and entering the market with something similar would be a great challenge.
Hire mobile app developers who can blend creativity with innovation to make you stand out from the crowd and take your business to new heights.