Hockey is the 3rd most famous sport in the world, followed by around two billion people. It is famous in countries which shelter half the world’s population. Well, there has been remarkable growth in ice hockey in countries such as the USA, Europe, Russia, Belarus, etc. There are so many countries that are influenced by sport and adopt the same pattern that these countries have. If we look at the whole picture, then it’s 76 countries that have federations of Hockey. Thus attracting tech companies to invest in fantasy Ice hockey software development. Fantasy Hockey App Development companies also contributing through their innovation in ice hockey app development.
North’s NHL (National Hockey League) is the top professional Ice Hockey League, drawing the best players from the world. Besides that, it is part of the Olympics.
So, its fate and popularity cannot be questioned even if the market has much more to explore. So it’s better to have a fantasy hockey mobile app that will satisfy the urges of all hockey fans across the world. This is what can be more interesting and a new way to surprise the lover of hockey.
It is quite evident with such popularity that the Fantasy Ice Hockey app is growing at a huge rate. These stats comply with many leading businesses and companies to find the best opportunity in apps for gaming, equipment, sales, etc.
In this blog, we are going to discuss market price, features, and the cost of Fantasy Hockey Software Development in detail. Let’s dive in.
- Fantasy Hockey Software Development – Market Size and Opportunities for Ice Hockey App
- Popular Fantasy Hockey Apps to Inspire You to Build One
- How to Play Fantasy Hockey League?
- Types of Fantasy Hockey Apps You Can Develop
- Monetization Models – Fantasy Ice Hockey Software Development
- General Features for Creating Fantasy Ice Hockey App
- Team Structure Required for Fantasy Hockey App Development
- Cost to Develop the Fantasy Ice Hockey App
- Final Thoughts: Why it is Reliable to Invest in a Fantasy Ice Hockey App Development
- Frequently Asked Questions – Fantasy Ice Hockey Software Development
Fantasy Hockey Software Development – Market Size and Opportunities for Ice Hockey App
- According to the research survey by Grand View Research, during the forecast period, 2018-2025 the global market of ice hockey is expected to reach $1.1 B by the year 2025.
- Both Canada and the USA are famous for ice hockey. If two markets of the USA and Canada, can be compared, then anyone can quickly figure out how worth it is to invest in this market.
- According to a report given by the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, there were about 55M-60M people who were using fantasy sports games.
- So if turning towards the money aspects, then building these kinds of fantasy games could be a million and billion dollars in the market.
- Sales generated via the ice hockey game are expected to increase at the rate of 6% by the year 2030.
- The US hockey market has come up with the absolute opportunity of $290M with a CAGR of 6%.
- Europe-based hockey equipment market is expected to reach $180M by 2030.
- Asia Pacific is an upcoming emerging market, following China, Japan, South Korea, and India.
- The global market of hockey is highly focused on top players like CCM, Bauer, Easton, etc.
Popular Fantasy Hockey Apps to Inspire You to Build One
There are many types of hockey apps like field hockey, bandy hockey, ice hockey, and rink hockey.
In ice hockey, two players from the opposing teams are playing hockey over a large flat area with a stick named ‘plunk’. The plunk is made in such a manner to control the bounce and friction due to ice.
Now, let’s discuss some of the popular apps in the segment.
National Hockey League – Best Fantasy Ice Hockey App
This is known as the official app for the national hockey app for ice hockey mobile betting. Hockey betting makes gaming much more fun and thrilling, where the players can earn some bucks to add more excitement while playing in the NHL.
It provides free and subscription services to the users. Inside the app, there are plenty of informational things available, like news, trades, editorials, scores, and many more.
In addition, it offers live streaming to watch hockey matches in real time.
Sofascore is one of the best apps to get instant live score updates on your mobile. You can choose from more than 20+ sports and 5k+ leagues, tournaments, events, and competitions to check out the instant scores, results, and stats. It covers lots of sections, including sports and major leagues around the world. Some other sports like American football, motorsport, US Open Cup, NFL, and the niche of snooker and dart.
Yahoo Fantasy Sports:
Crafting with attractive features, the Yahoo Fantasy Sports app is probably one of the best platforms for playing fantasy hockey.
You can play fantasy hockey, football, baseball, and other fantasy sports on this platform. To get the live news, player scores, and fantasy analysis need to sign in.
The users can create leagues, draft their teams, line up the list, pick up free agents, win the game contest, and many more. You can directly talk to your fellow hockey player mate via messaging and send them gifs, emojis, and images.
The Athletic is known to be the best news app in providing top-notch information. In a single platform, you can experience unrivaled sports coverage for every top of the team. Are you the game player and interrogate reader, this app gives an in-depth storyline, exclusive articles, expert commentaries, and news.
Top-quality services are not found for free. The athletic app charges a subscription plan of $4.99/month to offer the best services to the users.
It provides hockey info from all of the sources, including podcasts, radio, audiobooks, live streaming, SoundCloud, and RSS feed in a single-to-go app. Some of the best hockey podcasts are 31 Thoughts, Hockey Central at Noon, and many more.
Using the podcast audio player, users can download the new podcasts, alter the playback speed, create some playlists, and many others.
Hockey is embraced with new technologies and trends like other sports. Using the app, you can schedule and find games, get the latest info on your sports, participate in events, and many more interactive activities. You can hire a hockey app developer to obtain all of the must-have features within the app.
How to Play Fantasy Hockey League?
To continue with the Fantasy Hockey League app, the user must follow these steps;
- Users have to sign in first in the application. Users can use the social sites of email accounts to complete the process of signing in.
- If a referral code is present to the user, he/she can refer someone, or when anyone uses that referral code for sign-in. Then extra credit will be given for any next purchase.
- Users need to enter into the leagues to play the game. In these leagues, the pool of players is present, who then make a team to play.
Types of Leagues
Basically, two types of leagues are present here; one is head-to-head, and another one is Rotisserie. In a head-to-head league, only an even number of players can compete with each other. Here, the special point of the system is described by the creator of the league. On the other hand, for the Rotisserie league, where many other users can part, the user who earns the maximum points will be the winner of this league.
As per the methods of participation, there are three leagues: private league, public league, and premium league. In the private leagues, the user can allow the desired number of participants. In public leagues, users can enter or participate with other people and play; it doesn’t require any entry fee. While in the premium leagues, users need to pay the amount to participate in the league, and the winner wins the prize cash.
- Once the user enters the league, he/she needs to compose a team; there would be a selected amount of the budget, which is provided to each member of the team as per their own price tag. This implies the user can only draft the team, which is affordable.
- Drafting can happen in different other ways, among all the methods, auction-based drafting and manuals are the commonest types.
- Before starting the session, users must know she/he can make changes. This next part leads to the beginning of the game; users will play and also see how their and other team is playing.
- Once the game is over, players will be distributed with the points, and the player with the highest score is rewarded with prizes and money.
Types of Fantasy Hockey Apps You Can Develop
Daily Fantasy Hockey App Development – A Daily Fantasy Hockey app is designed for users who want to engage in short-term fantasy hockey contests typically spanning a single day or a short duration, as opposed to traditional season-long fantasy leagues.
Season-Long Fantasy Hockey App Development – Season-Long Fantasy Hockey apps are designed for users who want to participate in fantasy hockey leagues that span an entire NHL season. These apps focus on long-term engagement and competition.
Custom Fantasy Hockey Software Development – Custom Fantasy Hockey app development refers to the creation of a fantasy hockey application that is tailored to specific requirements or unique features, often for a particular organization or client. The term “custom” implies that the app’s functionality and design can be highly personalized to meet the client’s needs.
Monetization Models – Fantasy Ice Hockey Software Development
Business models are helpful in planning the constructive wireframing of the fantasy ice hockey application. After the creation of the app, extending its reach inside the local as well as the global market is equally important. Let’s examine some of the crucial monetization models existing to build a solid funnel from top to bottom.
- In-App Purchase: With the large use of apps in smartphones, there is a big chance to retain the best price of the fantasy hockey software. This revenue model gives opportunity to the service providers and businesses to earn a good sum of money by giving premium services to their users.
- Brand Promotion: Brand promotion is the ultimate way to marketize the visibility of the application to plot a large customer base. There are various sources for the promotion of hockey and its equipment to the users. This way, both the service providers and companies gain profit. In-app advertisement prevails instant results to the business for retaining the revenue.
- E-commerce: E-commerce is another vital platform to gain high returns on your product. The global merchandise market has a turnover of more than $25B, which can’t deny us the huge impact of it on revenue.
- Hockey League Entry Fees: Hockey offered a small entry fee for people who would like to join the club or become an official member. Pitchero app is one such app finding your choice of the club among the list of 10K+ sports clubs to get the latest results, tables, and team chat.
This means that fans are willing to pay for the entry fees of the hockey leagues and clubs. Of course, they would wish to win a prize in return. This is another way to fetch a large sum of revenue.
General Features for Creating Fantasy Ice Hockey App
Users Panel Features – Fantasy Hockey Software Development
In the center of the ecosystem, users are the central part, so it is essential to choose the features carefully. Here is the catch: Providing only required and straightforward features that will intensify the hock match experience of users would be significant enough to satisfy the users. Here are some features that need to be considered during the development of fantasy ice hockey betting software development.
- Welcoming Screen: When a new user signs in, this must be the first thing that is shown to them. Usually, this screen holds very important and relevant information about the application.
- Profile of the User: It is social media networking in its own way because it allows the audience to connect with each other. Thus, only the user’s profile is necessary to keep the activities in the run.
- Information about the Hockey Player: It’s a type of skill-based game, so to win the game, one needs some sort of skills. So, every player needs to have primary and advanced knowledge about the game. With this feature, the player will get to know about the career, performance level, and information about the player.
- Join League: Here, users can join other leagues and even drafts of their friends and other audiences, too.
- Create Own League: Mostly, every user wants to create their own league. Because with the building of their own league, they will be able to organize the game of their choice. This feature will give them a touch of personalized way.
- Live Scoreboard: A live score on the screen helps the user monitor their progress. And also to know about the playing standards of another team.
- E-Wallet Integration: It is necessary for all those transactions. Hockey applications must have this kind of feature.
Admin Features – Fantasy Ice Hockey App Development
While everything is going on for the user, for proper management, the admin also needs to have some sort of intuitive features to keep track of every important activity.
- Dashboards: These are explicitly working under the control of the admin. Here, the admin can select what needs to be displayed and what is not.
- Earnings Statistics: Information related to the income and outcome is presented here. This feature also allows the admin to gather financial data about the Hockey app’s activities.
- Management of Users: This one is a powerful feature. This allows the admin to have control over the base of the users. Even the admin can remove or add anyone from the app.
- League Management: Hockey betting app developers offer many distinctive features at one time. This feature allows the admin to take control of every activity so that anything wrong can reach out.
- Prize Management: This feature allows the admin to distribute prizes and any rewards to the winners.
- Content Management System: In this admin manages all affairs related to the display of content.
- Customer Relationship System: This forms the bridge between the user and the client. With this feature’s help, the admin can take control of the feedback, email marketing, and notifications. This feature also allows the admin to implement all those activities that will support and enhance the system of the application.
Team Structure Required for Fantasy Hockey App Development
Only teamwork will result in completing the journey from point A to Z. In other words, these are the team members who are responsible for taking the business to the next level. The developers of the professional hockey application should understand the behaviors of users and their clients so that they will end up creating a more sound, exciting, and user-friendly app.
The members included in the team are as follows;
- Project Manager: who holds the central affairs related to the project.
- Android Application Developers: Developers whose responsibility is to develop the Android application.
- iOS Developer: Developer for iOS-based application
- Backend developers
- QA professionals
- UX/UI designers.
Cost to Develop the Fantasy Ice Hockey App
Considering each of the factors, the cost of hockey betting app development depends on the nature of the app, the number of platforms, the region chosen to develop the app, the technicalities intriguing inside the app, and the post-launch support system.
The cost of the basic fantasy ice hockey app lies between $15,000 to $25,000.
However, with advanced features, the app price may rise to $50,000.
Final Thoughts: Why it is Reliable to Invest in a Fantasy Ice Hockey App Development
The Hockey Mobile app is opening up the doors of new opportunities for the audience. However, there are also some applications that are taking over the market, such as FanDuel, ESPN, and Draftkings for fantasy sports services. During the year 2018, these markets went high and succeeded worth $750 in the market. These success trails are pretty enough to show that these fantasy apps are good for so many business models or even those who are currently running their business; they are earning a good amount.
Hence, it also shows that it is a productive opportunity to jump into the market by investing in Fantasy Ice Hockey App Development by the side with cutting-edge features. Having a strategic play with the featured application will get you much more than you expected. It’s important to mention that to hold a higher audience, you should be aware of and even respect the choices of your audience.
Octal IT Solution is a premier company for Fantasy Ice Hockey App Development that offers great features, including new player bonuses, huge promotions, drafting tools, tons of leagues, and many more. You can create your private fantasy hockey pool for you and your friends or play with thousands of other players in real-time to gain large money prizes. So why wait, Let’s connect and discuss you fantasy ice hockey app development idea.
Frequently Asked Questions – Fantasy Ice Hockey Software Development