A marketplace where different sellers register to list their products and services to sell to other companies or sellers is a multivendor marketplace. On these marketplaces, different sellers (customers) can buy products from different brands and sellers. Here, the buyers and vendors are companies, and payments are usually made by bank transfer.
In 2028, the B2B eCommerce market is likely to reach $18,771.4 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 14%. In 2021, it was $8,523.3 billion.
These figures state that B2B eCommerce market is rising and will constantly be, and businesses will not lose any chance to sell online and increase their ROI.
So, more and more brands are including a multivendor marketplace to boost cross-border expansion, increase product range, and improve operations, logistics, and costs.
The key to developing a booming and best multivendor marketplace is eCommerce platforms. This post will discuss the top eCommerce platforms you can choose for B2B Multivendor Marketplace development. Let’s start!
- What is a Multi-vendor Marketplace?
- Top eCommerce Platforms to Develop B2B Multivendor Marketplace
- Key Takeaways
What is a Multi-vendor Marketplace?
An e-marketplace platform where different sellers register and list their goods and services to other sellers is known as a multi-vendor marketplace.
The buyers, sellers, merchants, suppliers, etc., on a B2B marketplace, are businesses. Multi-vendor stores offer shoppers a big catalog of choices and sellers with a vast base of ready-to-buy customers. This marketplace holds technical capabilities to support various sellers.
Top eCommerce Platforms to Develop B2B Multivendor Marketplace
(1) Magento / Adobe Commerce
The most robust eCommerce platform, Adobe Commerce, formerly Magento, is developed on open source technology. It’s a popular platform that arrives with upgraded versions and provides almost every feature needed to run a successful eCommerce business. Thus, offers a scalable eCommerce solution for an online business.
This eCommerce platform is crafted to provide a complete eCommerce solution to businesses that perform retail and B2B sales online. It also supports multi-brand eCommerce websites, key accounts, and channel partners.
It depends on gross merchandise volume (GMV) and starts at $3,999 per month (for GMV, less than $5 million annually).
Why choose Adobe Commerce?
- Magento is an open-source platform that provides the source code. You can check and modify the codes if you have expert-level coding knowledge.
- If you are a web developer, you can reap the benefits of its features.
- It offers the services to boost eCommerce sales.
- This platform assists in achieving high online traffic through promotions, SEO, and advertising.
- You can hire a developer anytime and let them append codes to your online store.
- Considering security, Adobe Commerce offers you strong security.
- A plethora of custom options aid large-sized businesses.
- Also, Magento keeps sending updates and patches to the users.
- It offers various customized CSS options for web designs and allows customization of the user interface.
- Adobe Commerce has many multivendor extensions that help improve online store appearance, append the latest functionalities and features, and make eCommerce stores look engaging.
- With Magento, you can choose any hosting company for your online store.
Thus, it’s best to choose Adobe Commerce over other eCommerce platforms to set up a multi vendor marketplace development.
Adobe Commerce Multi-seller Marketplace Extension-
Magento marketplace extension allows the merchant to transform their Magento store into a feature-packed marketplace with various sellers registered. These sellers will manage every standard feature needed to run a marketplace embracing order shipment, product inventory, payments, etc.
Thus, the Adobe Commerce multivendor marketplace is the ultimate solution to set up an eMarketplace.
(2) Shopify Plus / Enterprise
The Shopify system is not only for retail transactions. Shopify B2B eCommerce reaps the best of Shopify and converts it into a platform explicitly crafted to meet B2B sales needs.
You can use Shopify Plus to develop your online store, process payments, manage inventory, and complete your orders. You can customize your multi-vendor marketplace and add functionality with integrations and apps. Shopify’s SEO tools help build marketing campaigns. You can include the strength of Shopify’s customized buying experience with discounts, net payment terms, and seamless checkout.
With Shopify Plus, businesses can automate their common sales processes across direct-to-customer, retail, wholesale customers, and B2B. It avoids the need to run eCommerce platforms parallelly for retail and B2B sales channels, easing it to keep tabs conveniently on your sales in one location.
Shopify Plus plan price starts at $2,000 per month, which allows users to craft custom interfaces for B2B customers that can be password-protected, the pricing of which suits every business client.
Why Choose Shopify Plus?
Various big brands have chosen Shopify Plus for their direct-to-customer (D2C) and B2B sales. Let’s know why:
- The platform you choose needs a long-term strategy to increase the flexibility and scope to expand cost-effectively. Here, Shopify is a scalable platform for various tasks you need to handle.
- As it’s easy to use, Shopify Plus has been a popular pick for B2B companies. Its easy-to-use dashboard displays B2B features, like goods, orders, reports, customer details, and apps.
- Shopify Plus arrives with multiple layers of security.
- Businesses primarily get attracted towards Shopify Pay, which allows B2B customers to save their credit card, billing details, delivery information, and more that help ease recording and speedy checkouts.
- The marketing tools of this platform attract B2B operators. On its dashboard, a dedicated marketing section includes Facebook and Google campaigns and emails.
- SEO features of Shopify Plus incorporate on-page optimization and more ranking tools.
- eCommerce analytics are also available to aid strategy development, resulting in evaluation in real-time, accumulation of accurate data, and creation of reports on sales activities.
Shopify Plus Apps & Extensions-
Shopify Plus has a vast marketplace of extensions and apps that are tested and reviewed. They include extensions and apps for marketing and promotions, customer service, wholesale and B2B ordering, and inventory control.
(3) BigCommerce Enterprise
A robust eCommerce website builder, BigCommerce permits a wide range of SMBs and large enterprises to set up B2B marketplace and make it run faster. A set of tools allows advanced shipping options, dynamic pricing, audience segmentation, ERP & CRM integrations, B2B-specific payment services, quick re-ordering, high-level checkouts, and social media integration.
With the BigCommerce platform, you will get PCI DSS support for enhanced security, inventory management, and product catalog.
- Standard – $29.95/mo
- Plus – $79.95/mo
- Pro – $299.95/mo
- Enterprise – Contact the team to know the price
Why Choose a BigCommerce Enterprise?
- This eCommerce platform is secure, reliable, and scalable hosting that provides infinite cloud-based security, 99.99% service uptime, and multi-layered security to avoid hacking problems.
- Pre-built, native integrations permit you to connect to ERP suite, PIM software, POS, automated marketing tool, and PMS solution.
- Its highly optimized checkout and flexible shipping rate system allow you to specify the costs based on product, dimension, destination, and more.
- BigCommerce Enterprise offers you an opportunity for data transfer in real-time relevant to customers, products, payments, shipping, and orders.
- Enterprise customers can reap the advantage of round-the-clock email, phone, and chat support.
- With BigCommerce Enterprise, you can personalize your storefront by utilizing a flexible codebase that helps you to convert shoppers.
- This eCommerce platform supports fundamental functionalities that facilitate selling into a new market, like taxes, languages, payment methods, and currency.
- Through Channel Manager, this platform provides integrations with various top social media platforms and marketplaces.
Bigcommerce B2B Edition-
Bigcommerce B2B Edition provides everything in its BigCommerce Enterprise and more advanced features crafted to attain the extra complexities for B2B eCommerce, whether you are new or selling for a long online.
(4) Salesforce Commerce Cloud
A SaaS eCommerce technology, Salesforce Commerce Cloud assists businesses in developing and optimizing their store to succeed. It’s a perfect choice for brands that want to stay ahead of the curve. Holding powerful merchandising functionality, Salesforce Commerce Cloud features catalog management, high scalability, multiple payment options, quick reordering, price negotiation, and account hierarchies. It’s a perfect choice for brands that want to stay ahead of the curve. Its outstanding features and functionalities help create storefronts that are exceptionally crafted for businesses purchasing goods in bulk.
Previously known as Demandware, this platform is a cloud-based, multi-tenant platform that targets large enterprises. Here, multi-tenancy is a software architecture in which a software’s single instant runs on a server and serves various customers.
- Starter – $4 Price Per Order
- Growth – $6 Price Per Order
- Plus – $8 Price Per Order
Why Choose Salesforce Commerce Cloud?
- Among other top B2B eCommerce platforms, Salesforce Commerce Cloud is known for its high security and offers a robust privacy and security program that targets customer data protection.
- This eCommerce platform’s internationality feature is similar to that Adobe Commerce offers, and it allows multiple languages and currencies.
- You can easily customize the design of the Salesforce store.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud boosts online growth with easy-to-use eCommerce features modified for B2B customers.
- It assists retailers in providing shoppers with a “buy anywhere, fulfill anywhere” experience.
- The order management of Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a robust add-on that helps control real-time inventory across various channels.
(5) Shopware Enterprise
Shopware is a much-preferred eCommerce platform for building B2B multivendor marketplace as it arrives with all the possible trading possibilities to attain the requirements of a changing global market. Various B2B extensions of Shopware also help serve the objectives.
With Shopware, you can develop an innovative and scalable B2B eCommerce platform, seamlessly integrate your current systems into Shopware and automate related sales processes.
The shopware B2B Suite has been crafted for the complex needs of B2B companies across all industries and is amazingly customized to the retailers and their customers’ needs.
From €2,495.00* per month
Why Choose Shopware Enterprise?
- The Shopware Enterprise’s B2B Suite automates and facilitates the complicated business operations of today’s worldwide B2B sector. It’s best for meeting emerging B2B requirements with a customizable and extensive feature set, providing complete control over your strategic decisions and business operations.
- Some of the features of advanced B2B order procedures offer analytics, budgeting, and management.
- Shopware’s API first strategy provides the ease you need to catch up with long-term success in the B2B sector.
- You can integrate into your current system landscape with no restrictions.
- Whether using PIM, ERP, or CRM systems, Shopware suits your ecosystem perfectly through current interfaces or separate adjustments.
Shopware Multi Seller Marketplace Module-
Using this module, you can become the seller and sell your products. You can apply for the seller ship even if registered as a customer at the store. It permits the seller to handle seller profiles, orders, and products. The seller can also check the other seller’s products and details, and they can append product and product variants using this module.
(6) WooCommerce B2B
A widely-used WordPress Plugin, WooCommerce helps run online stores for small to large-sized businesses. This eCommerce platform eases customization for your store’s design on WooCommerce.
This way, this platform assists you in selling products as per your specifications. This open source and flexible platform is the best eCommerce solution to set up an eStore as you want.
- Regular License – $69
- Extended License – $149
Why Choose WooCommerce?
- You can choose free as well as advanced, paid ones. You will get the toolkit that you can use to customize your store as you want just by paying for the web hosting.
- This platform provides numerous themes for your store design.
- Being a WordPress plugin, this eCommerce platform uses every unique functionality and feature of WordPress that leads to developing the best website.
- It offers flexibility to sell physical, virtual, and downloadable products on the marketplace.
WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace Extension-
You can start your e-marketplace using the WooCommerce multi-seller marketplace extension. It helps you to transform your WooCommerce store into a multivendor marketplace. WooCommerce is usually chosen because of its various top extensions, like Marketplace Auction, Marketplace Event Manager, and Marketplace Daily Deals.
OpenCart is gaining top remarks constantly among the B2B eCommerce platform. It’s open-source, and you can download it for free. It doesn’t charge monthly or subscription fees, which helps save money. It arrives with various add-ons and valuable features.
OpenCart B2B multi-vendor marketplace tools can help you convert your eCommerce app into a B2B marketplace, like Indiamart, Alibaba, etc. The seller and admin can use this module to reap the benefits of all marketplace features and functionalities, such as consumer quotation requests for new and existing products. Both sellers and admin are allowed to upload various products in just a single click using XML, CSV, and XLS files. Also, both parties can respond to queries that arise relevant to outcomes.
- 3 Months (no extra cost) – $299.00
- 6 Months – $418.60 6 Months
- 1 Year – $448.50
Why Choose OpenCart?
- Admin can build user groups according to their requirements with some group rights.
- The seller can build a sub-user and check the group user list if they hold “create user” right.
- The customers are also allowed to post answers to the queries.
- The vendor can also have their sub-domain.
- Both the admin as well as sellers can upload the products in bulk.
- It also permits customers to send RFQ (Request for Quotation) for admin and seller’s products.
- The seller is also allowed to check the group user list.
- Also, the seller can craft and choose emails according to templates for Marketplace.
- Using related mail keywords, the admin can create a mail template.
- Moreover, this platform facilitates the admin to track the seller’s total order, income, the latest order, and total buyers through the dashboard field under the “edit seller” page.
- The seller is offered a dashboard that eases order management.
OpenCart B2B Multivendor Marketplace Add-On-
This extension offers the core platform’s eCommerce solutions with a modified interface crafted to perform for B2B sales specifically. Buyers and sellers can also request price quotes and send requests for a business’s current products or custom orders on unlisted or new product packages.
(8) SAP Commerce Cloud
A widely-known ERP software, SAP strengthens numerous businesses globally. They have also developed an omnichannel platform – SAP Commerce Cloud, that’s acknowledged as the best B2B eCommerce platform.
Besides, this platform provides various functionalities, like marketing automation, analytics and reporting, data integrations, CRM, and more, to fulfill B2B businesses’ different needs. SAP Commerce Cloud supports many payment options, such as e-checks, Cards, and digital wallets like Visa Checkout, PayPal, and ApplePay. Moreover, the B2B features include a custom catalog, early login, self-service management, credit management, back-office integration, and price quote request. The SAP Commerce Cloud solution has served 4+ million users and is available in two forms; a standard edition and an enterprise edition; those are premium.
Starts at $100k/year/license.
Why Choose SAP Commerce Cloud?
- SAP cloud performance offers a robust web content management solution with constant passage across multi-faceted selling platforms.
- SAP cloud can increase productivity, reducing holistic operating prices and expenses for consumer service.
- This eCommerce platform uses processes like web service integration included with ERP solutions to help with credit checks.
- Besides, it supports sales and purchasing needs that assist businesses in controlling issues relevant to users and buyers.
- SAP Cloud for B2B services assures high traffic operations and aids 20+ million transactions per second.
Integration Extension Pack of SAP Commerce Cloud-
SAP Commerce Cloud’s integration extension pack renders outstanding solutions to integrate SAP Commerce Cloud with CRM, ERP, and a broad range of apps, like SAP Sales Cloud or SAP Marketing Cloud. These integration solutions facilitate you to rapidly get an SAP Commerce Cloud solution up and running that benefits current data platforms with no necessary customization overhead.
(9) Oracle SuiteCommerce
Oracle NetSuite SuiteCommerce offers eCommerce and POS solutions that aid businesses move away from in-store and siloed online channels and smoothly link all customer touchpoints. Its cloud solution merges commerce apps and business operations to offer a sole source of inventory, items, order data, and customers so you can craft cross-channel, seamless, and personalized shopping experiences.
NetSuite is dedicated to offering top-tier eCommerce solutions for B2B and retail apps. Although the brand targets mid-size companies, various large and small businesses may find this eCommerce platform’s tools best fit their requirements.
It’s a well-recognized B2B eCommerce platform, especially for mid-sized organizations. Moreover, it’s a perfect fit for B2B businesses that want to operate through multi-channels, i.e., click-to-mortar and brick-and-mortar stores. It empowers customer engagement with reporting, automated operations, real-time visibility, personalized services, and business intelligence.
Depends on the modules and configuration requested.
Why Choose Oracle SuiteCommerce?
- It’s a complete eCommerce solution that facilitates you to enable engaging experiences on all devices.
- Oracle NetSuite helps add and manage new website features with extensions.
- True SaaS managed upgrades.
- It’s one platform that supports B2B and B2C customers.
- eCommerce is unified with NetSuite inventory and order management, ERP, and CRM.
- With NetSuite, billing and invoicing is easy. Users can check their outstanding balances, additional funds, current credit memos, and negotiated terms with existing accounts.
Oracle SuiteCommerce Extensions-
NetSuite users can connect their current product catalogs to their customer’s procurement systems. This depends chiefly on third-party add-ons available. Various extensions of Oracle Suite Commerce help easily append new features and functionalities with third-party and native extensions. Also, you can automatically update your eCommerce websites with every new release to ensure it’s always following the latest commerce technology. Altogether, Oracle NetSuite SuiteCommerce extensions help enhance your B2B marketplaces.
These are just a few best eCommerce platforms that can emerge as the perfect solution for developing your B2B marketplaces. To create a multivendor marketplace, first, you need to analyze all the top eCommerce platforms and, next, emerge with the most suitable platform for your online business.
Before you start, you need to hold a strategic approach; you can earn maximum profit through your business. You can connect with the best eCommerce development company that can help you in this. The consultant team will guide you through the entire process and suggest the best plans you can follow.