Best Medicine Delivery Apps in India – We live in a convenience-driven world where everything happens at the tap of a button. From ordering everyday necessities and groceries to shopping for clothes and other luxury items, online purchasing is quickly becoming a way of life. And one more sector that is swiftly joining the trend is the healthcare sector. Today in India, you can care for your health through various apps, consulting doctors, or getting medicines delivered to your doorstep through medicine delivery apps.
A few decades back, no one would have imagined consulting a healthcare expert online. Similarly, no one would have imagined getting medicines delivered to their doorstep. But all Thanks to the advancement in technology and the rising popularity of medicine delivery apps in India, all of that is now possible.
Online Medicine Delivery – Statistics
As per statistics, the healthcare sector in India is expanding at a feverishly fast pace. This sector was valued at 280 billion USD in 2020 and is expected to reach 372 billion USD by the end of 2022. Furthermore, online pharmacy is an emerging segment that currently captures a 2.80% market share. Owing to the rapid rise in internet users and tech advancements, these online pharmacy retail channels are anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 44.34% from 2022 to 2026.
The trend of online medicine delivery primarily surged after the pandemic. Frequent lockdowns reduced the number of customers visiting the chemist shops. But because medicines came under necessity items, several pharmacy giants began delivering them to the customer’s doorstep.
Today, we will look at the top medicine delivery apps in India. These apps provide excellent and swift services to fulfill their customers’ medicinal needs. Additionally, plan to build your own medicine delivery app. This article can help you understand the best medicine delivery mobile apps in India to get inspired and build one.
- Online Medicine Delivery – Statistics
- Benefits of Medicine Delivery Mobile Apps
- Medicine Delivery Market in India
- Best Medicine Delivery Apps in India
- 1. PharmEasy – Leading Medicine Delivery App in India
- 2. Netmeds – One Top Medicine Delivery App India
- 3. Practo – Best for Online Doc Consultation & Medicine Delivery
- 4. 1mg – Over Best Medicine Delivery App In India
- 5. MedPlus Mart
- 6. Apollo 247
- 7. Medlife
- 8. SmartMedics
- 9. Flipkart Health (Sasta Sunder)
Benefits of Medicine Delivery Mobile Apps
From patients to pharmacies, a medicine delivery app offers benefits to everyone. With the ability to schedule online consultations with healthcare experts to providing comprehensive health blogs, these apps offer a much broader range of services than visiting any local pharmacy can. Here, we will look at the most notable benefits of medicine delivery apps.
Benefits For Customers
- Online medicine delivery apps save a considerable amount of time and effort.
- Users can check the stock of medicines and even receive notifications on stock updates.
- Users can avail of multiple discount offers and cashback.
- They can schedule consultations with a healthcare practitioner to understand the dosage of the medicines.
- They can make quick payments online.
Benefits For Pharmacists
- Pharmacists can reach a wider customer base and break all geographical barriers. More reach will translate into better sales and revenue.
- They can update their inventory and receive timely notifications to replenish the stock.
- They can create campaigns and offer multiple deals and discounts to build customer loyalty.
- They can elevate their brand presence and value and boost brand identity.
- They can get detailed analytical reports to measure different success metrics.
Medicine Delivery Market in India
In the past few years, the e-pharmacy industry has emerged as a convenient option, offering smarter customer solutions over their physical counterparts. In 2020, this e-pharmacy industry was valued at INR 50.71 billion and is expected to grow to INR 458.15 billion by 2026.
The market has gained traction in recent years due to the amplified internet and smartphones penetration, favorable government policies and initiatives, and the increased prevalence of lifestyle-related disorders.
Consequently, many leading companies and traditional brick-and-mortar stores have entered the e-pharmacy industry. In 2020, companies like Tata, Amazon, and Reliance set foot in the industry, showcasing its immense scope and potential. Last year, Tata Digital acquired the e-pharmacy player called 1mg. Also, PharmEasy acquired a 66% share in Thyrocare. The eCommerce giant Amazon recently invested over $100 million in the most renowned Indian pharmacy chain, Apollo Pharmacy. Lastly, Reliance Retail also invested over $6 billion to get a majority stake in Netmeds, an efficient Chennai-based startup.
Checkout More: Top Telemedicine Apps and Telemedicine Websites in India
Best Medicine Delivery Apps in India
1. PharmEasy – Leading Medicine Delivery App in India
PharmEasy is a leading medicine delivery app in India that handles all your medical needs. One of the best available options, the app offers a range of products, starting from OTC medicines to specialized and patented drugs. And what’s best, the app offers order delivery within 24 to 48 hours. Users can simply upload a photograph of their doctor’s prescription and get medicines delivered to their doorstep.
PharmEasy ensures wide geographic coverage as it operates in 1200+ towns and cities and services over 22,000 pin codes in India.
The app has recently unveiled an option to get diagnostic tests done at the best centers in over 40 cities. Users can get regular health checkups, full-body tests, blood tests, and even RTPCR tests done at their nearest diagnostic clinics.
One of the best aspects of the PharmEasy app is that it provides regular and lucrative discount offers on each order. Thus, users can save considerable money and even get refunds wherever possible.
- The app provides an intuitive UI and seamless in-app experience
- Guaranteed medicine delivery within 24 to 48 hours
- Availability of lucrative deals and discounts with a minimum 15% discount on all products
- Offers the option to book diagnostic tests at PharmEasy Associate labs for hassle-free and quick at-home sample collection
- The app offers a subscription plan for benefits like zero convenience fees and easy cashback
2. Netmeds – One Top Medicine Delivery App India
Netmeds is among the oldest medicine delivery apps in India. It was initially operated by Dadha Pharmaceutical Company which was established in 1914. But recently, a majority stake in Netmeds was acquired by Reliance Industries.
Currently, Netmeds operates in a myriad of cities and towns in India. It offers a range of medicines at cost-friendly prices. Users can simply upload a picture of their prescription to get the medicines delivered to them at their doorstep.
The app is best known for its seamless customer service. Additionally, users can book health checkups and even avail of virtual consultations from healthcare experts.
Lastly, there are frequent discount offers and deals that users can avail of from time to time. They can also make quick and hassle-free online payments using various payment options.
- The app offers a comprehensive range of wellness products, including fitness supplements, vitamins, Ayurvedic and herbal products, and beauty care items.
- Timely reminds to refill your prescriptions.
- Users can easily book online doctor consultations, medical tests, and access online reports.
- The app provides detailed information on different medicines and the use of healthcare equipment.
- First Membership plan offers benefits such as free delivery, a 5% discount on all pathology tests, primary health checkups, and 2.5% NMS cash on all orders.
3. Practo – Best for Online Doc Consultation & Medicine Delivery
Practo is a reputed medicine delivery app in india that is deemed a complete solution for all your medical needs. The app lists over 50,000 medicines and other healthcare products delivered to the user’s doorstep in less than two hours.
This prompt delivery is due to the company’s expansive network spread across the country. Practo collaborates with many local pharmacies throughout India to maintain seamless operations.
Another prominent aspect of the app is that it allows the users to schedule appointments with their nearest doctors, purchase health plans and even opt for virtual consultations. And what’s best, the app lets you refer to doctors in more than 25 specialties.
Furthermore, Practo maintains a record of all your previous purchases on the app. It also provides helpful health tips based on your medicine searches and prescription orders. Lastly, the users can also easily book complete body health checkups and other specialized diagnostic tests.
- Offers a comprehensive list of over 50,000 medicines with a doorstep delivery option
- Users can find the nearest doctor and book online consultations or in-person visits
- Patients can save and update their medical records such as medications, allergies, prescriptions, etc.
- Offers the option to book diagnostic tests at Practo Associate labs for hassle-free and quick at-home sample collection
- The app offers a subscription plan for benefits like unlimited online consultations with healthcare experts
4. 1mg – Over Best Medicine Delivery App In India
Next on the list of the best medicine delivery apps is 1mg which ensures swift and efficient doorstep delivery of all your medical supplies. The app collaborates with several local pharmacies to provide swift deliveries of all orders. Currently, the app operates in 1200+ towns and cities in India.
What stands out about the app is that once you input your requirements and if the medicine is unavailable, you can get alternatives for the same. Additionally, the users can consult expert doctors and gather all information about a drug, including its dosage, any side effects, and other safety advice.
1mg provides a list of medical supplies to choose from. This also includes homeopathy medicines, Ayurveda products, and over-the-counter supplies. Lastly, the users can use the app to book health checkups and avail of hefty discounts on the bookings.
- Offers a comprehensive list of allopathic, homeopathic, and Ayurveda products with a doorstep delivery option
- Users can consult doctors to gain medicine information and seek expert advice on dosage
- The app provides alternate and cheaper options for every medicine you search for
- The membership plan provides a 2% discount on all orders, free delivery, one free consultation, one free lab test, and more.
5. MedPlus Mart
MedPlus Mart is another popular medicine delivery app in India that offers excellent doorstep delivery service. The app operates in over 1,500 towns and cities across seven states in the country. The app stands out among the rest for its superior-quality products, swift delivery service, and lucrative discount offers. In many places, the app provides delivery in less than 6 hours, whereas in other areas, the time period is 2-3 days.
The app was founded in 2006 with the primary aim to eliminate adulteration and ensure the best quality of medicines and other well-being products. Today, the app has become a prominent name in the mHealth industry.
The app offers innovative features like obtaining all information about different medicines, including their dosage, side effects, and alternatives. Additionally, it allows users to set up pill reminders, print all bills, and store all health records in one place. Lastly, users can book diagnostic tests on its subsidiary app, MedPlus Lab, and avail of great discounts.
- Offers a comprehensive list of medicines, OTC products, and other wellbeing items with a doorstep delivery option
- The app stores all customer health records and prescriptions in one place
- Users can check additional information on medicines such as their dosage, side effects, precautions, etc.
- The app offers an innovative rewards program called FlexiRewards that provides a 35% discount on all medicines
Visit Also: Best Calorie Counter Apps 2023
6. Apollo 247
Apollo 247 is among the most trusted online pharmacy apps in India. Apollo hospitals and pharmacies are spread across the length and breadth of the country. With over 4,500 physical pharmacy stores, the brand has been offering high-quality medicines and other healthcare items for years. And to make medicine buying even more convenient, the brand has recently ventured into online medicine delivery.
Thanks to its expansive network of pharmacies, Apollo is delivering medicines in less than an hour in many areas. One benefit of ordering medicines from Apollo is the Apollo Health Credits, i.e. the points you earn every time an order is placed. Additionally, the app offers features such as doctor consultations, digital health records, and symptom checker, thus ensuring a seamless customer experience.
Apollo Pharmacy also allows the users to speak to an expert pharmacologist to understand all possible medicine interactions. Users can also book diagnostic tests from the app without any hassle.
- Offers a comprehensive list of medicines and OTC products with a doorstep delivery option
- The app is integrated with Apollo Diagnostics that allows users to get diagnostic tests conducted at home
- Users can book consultations with over 2,200 doctors specializing in 55+ medical fields
- Several health tools to check symptoms of different conditions
Medlife is a rapidly growing medicine delivery app in India that offers a suite of innovative features. It is among the best delivery apps that operate in 1,200+ cities and services 25,000 pin codes in India. The app offers prompt deliveries in many areas with a turnaround time of less than 24 hours.
Medlife allows users to choose from 100,000+ products, including medicines and over-the-counter products. And what’s best, the users can avail of almost 50% off on several products and free delivery over a minimum purchase order of INR 100.
The users can consult healthcare specialists to understand their medicines and their possible interactions. The app brings a talented panel of physicians, pharmacists, and phlebotomists under a single roof.
Lastly, users can also book diagnostic health packages, lab tests, and free pickup of samples from their homes. They can even get the results delivered to them at their doorstep.
Note: PharmEasy has recently bought Medlife for an undisclosed amount. The two e-pharmacy giants joined forces in May 2021 to offer unparalleled customer experiences.
- The app offers a comprehensive range of wellness products, including fitness supplements, Ayurvedic herbs, and other personal care products.
- Users can check additional information on medicines, such as their dosage, benefits, directions of use, side effects, and any precautionary warnings.
- They can book online consultations with specialized doctors.
- The app offers the option to book diagnostic tests with a free home sample collection
SmartMedics is another incredible medicine delivery app platform that allows users to order medicines easily. It has a range of medicines and other medical supplies that users can choose from and get delivered directly to their doorstep. Users can simply upload a picture of their prescriptions to get deliveries.
In most cases, the app provides a discount of 22% and delivers the orders within 48 hours. There are no additional delivery charges on a minimum order of INR 100.
Additionally, the app allows users to book appointments with healthcare specialists and even conduct online follow-ups. Also, users can store all their medical health records in one place, thereby offering a great customer experience.
- Offers home delivery of medicines and other products within 48 hours
- Users can book online consultations with doctors and seek expert medical advice
- The app stores all of the user’s medical records and prescriptions in one place
- Several modes of payment are available, including COD and Debit/Credit cards
9. Flipkart Health (Sasta Sunder)
Sasta Sunder is a medicine delivery app that offers prompt delivery of all medical, healthcare, and personal care items. The app was founded in 2013 to provide convenient, affordable, and high-quality healthcare to all.
One of the best aspects of the delivery app is that it offers exhaustive information on each medicine, including its use, dosage, benefits, side effects, and precautions. The app leverages artificial intelligence to recommend products based on the user’s previous purchase history.
Sasta Sunder seeks to make it easy for everyone to order medicines online. Consequently, it offers information that every user can listen to or read in three different languages, i.e. English, Hindi, and Bengali. Lastly, the app has innovative features that include a pregnancy calculator and vaccination tracker.
- The app offers a comprehensive range of medicines and other wellness products
- Users can check additional information on medicines, such as their dosage, benefits, directions of use, side effects, and any precautionary warnings
- The app leverage AI to offer relevant product recommendations
- Users can have all their prescriptions and medical records in one place
- Features such as a pregnancy calculator and vaccination tracker provide the app with a competitive edge
E-Pharmacy Rules Draft
If you plan to take your pharmacy business to the online platform, you must acquaint yourself with the country’s relevant e-pharmacy rules and regulations. Presently, the key laws governing the manufacture, sale, and delivery of online pharmacies in India are: (Source)
- Drug and Cosmetics Act, 1940
- Pharmacy Act, 1948
- Drugs and Cosmetic Rules, 1945
- The Indian Medical Act, 1956
- Narcotics Drug and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985
- Drug and Magic Remedies Act, 1954
Moving on, the Union Ministry of Health has laid some rules on the sale of medicines by e-pharmacies. These rules are laid down to ensure the sales of genuine and authentic drugs to patients that do not pose any health threats. These rules are as follows: (Source)
- Unless properly registered, no individual or company can indulge in the sale or stocking of drugs via e-pharmacy.
- To start an e-pharmacy, one must apply for necessary licenses from the Central Licensing Authority in Form 18 (AA).
- Every e-pharmacy holder must fully comply with the regulations defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- The application for registration of online pharmacy must be accompanied by INR 50,000.
- Online pharmacies require only one license in any state and they can sell drugs and medicines across the country with that one license.
- The details of every patient must be kept private. It can only be disclosed to the central government authorities if need be.
- The sale of psychotic drugs, tranquilizers, or any habit-forming drug is prohibited on online portals. Also, online pharmacies cannot advertise any drug on TV, radio, or print media.
- The premises of online pharmacies must be inspected every 2 years by a group of officials sanctioned by the Central Licensing Authority.
- Every e-pharmacy is mandated by law to have a proper customer support portal operational at least 12 hours every day of the week. A fully licensed pharmacist must handle all kinds of customer queries or complaints.
- The registration issued for any e-pharmacy will only remain valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue. After that, the company must renew its license.
ePharmacy is Forever Habit After Covid-19 Pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic crisis led to several lockdowns. And now, as the economies are reopening, it is quite evident that lockdowns have profoundly impacted how people live. The taxing period of self-isolation and economic uncertainty has forever changed how consumers behave, at least for a few industries.
Before the pandemic, the approach toward healthcare was slightly laid back. It was often followed by sickness, diagnosis, and then treatment. However, this approach has taken a 360-degree turn after the pandemic, making several individuals realize the significance of preventive healthcare measures.
This newfound focus on preventive healthcare has led these individuals to demand comprehensive healthcare experiences. And one example of that is e-pharmacies. E-pharmacies allow patients to order medicines online, consult a community pharmacist and get diagnostic tests done, all from the comfort of their homes. These pharmacies offer a holistic experience than a regular physical medical store which is alluring to so many individuals.
Furthermore, the pandemic accelerated the shift towards technology that further fueled the growth and popularity of e-pharmacies. Therefore, it is safe to conclude that e-pharmacy is the newest way of seeking healthcare services and is here to stay.
Read More: Top Telemedicine Apps Worldwide
Online medicine delivery apps have been a huge boon to our country. The businesses that are offering e-pharmacy or online delivery apps are making substantial profits even after providing discounts to customers. And even customers prefer ordering medicines only owing to their efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
So, if you plan to develop a medicine delivery app, you must start today. Contact a good app development company and take your pharmacy business to a new level.