With the changing scenario of industry 4.0 technologies, businesses are becoming more advanced. Concepts like machine learning, artificial intelligence, blockchain, AR/VR, and much more are now changing the way people interact with each other and consume information. However, some platforms help developers and programmers to perform the task of building machine learning applications seamlessly and integrating them into the desired application. For this purpose, it is a very important decision for them to choose one of the best machine-learning platforms so that all the tasks can be executed efficiently.
Among hundreds of machine learning platforms roaming around the market, here is the list of best machine learning platforms in 2023-2024. This blog will talk all about the best ML platforms, and how you can choose the right one for you. Let’s get started-
What Is Machine Learning?
Machine learning is a part of artificial intelligence and computer science that uses a huge quantity of data and algorithms to execute the way human learns and thus enhance the accuracy of machine reaction with more training. The working principle of machine learning is straight; it digests a lot of data, arranges it in a particular order to develop an algorithm, and then makes the prediction based on collected data.
The data-driven prediction helps businesses from different industries around the world to make informed decisions and achieve the perceived results.
Read More – Top Data Engineering Companies
What Is a Machine Learning Platform: An Overview
The machine learning platform is basically a toolbox that assists the developers and data scientists in getting the necessary resources in order to create, manage, and then deploy the machine learning models into the application. The role of the machine learning platform is to streamline the process of implementing machine learning and provide the space for different tasks like data handling, model training, validation, and then deployment.
There are multiple components of machine learning platforms, which include-
Components of A Machine Learning Platform
|Data Management||First of all, the tool must have the tools for data ingestion, transformation, preprocessing, and management. After all, data is the lifeblood of any machine-learning project.|
|Algorithm Selection||Different projects and tasks require different types of algorithms. So, a good machine-learning platform should have a wide range of prebuilt algorithms. At the same time, it should also allow customers for a custom algorithm.|
|Model Training and Validation||After the data and algorithm are ready and selected, the machine learning platform must enable the model training, hyperparameter tuning, and validation.|
|Deployment and Operation||Now, the platform should be good at supporting the model deployment and monitoring task. It must ensure the optimal performance of the program in real-world|
10 Best Machine Learning Platforms
Now comes the most awaited section of the blog, where we will be discussing some of the top machine-learning platforms in 2023-2024. Here is the list-
Knime Analytics Platform – Most Popular ML Platform
Knime Analytics Platform is one of the best ML platforms that help in end-to-end data analysis, integration, and reporting. Being a free open-source platform, it helps data scientists to create visual workflows using the drag-and-drop-style graphical interface. One of the core competencies of the Knime Analytics Platform is that it requires no coding knowledge.
With the Knime Analytics Platform, the user has the freedom to choose from more than 2000 nodes to build the workflows. This platform enables the developers to perform a range of actions like data manipulations, transformations, and data mining. At the same time, this platform consolidates the complete function process into a single workflow, making the work even easier.
If you are looking for a platform that can automate your complex data analytic tasks and workflow then Knime Analytics Platform is one of the best Machine Learning platforms to choose.
- Sophisticated data handling offers scalability
- Simple extensibility through a well-defined API for the plugin extensions
- Parallel execution on the multi-core system
- There can be challenges in certain types of customizations due to the code-based scripting requirement through Python and R.
- A lot of users have reported that the platform is prone to consume computational resources.
TIBCO ML Software
TIBCO Software is known to be one of the best Machine Learning softwares that supports the complete analytics lifecycle. At the same time, it also has the capability to include cloud-based analytics which helps to integrate a wide range of open source libraries.
This platform helps the users to prepare the data seamlessly and perform the model building, deployment, and monitoring. Moreover, it is also popular for the different use cases, including business exploration and product refinement.
- Automatically configures the location and then visualizes that information in the form of an interactive map
- Data can be analyzed in various visualization types, including tables and charts.
- The platform can access real-time streaming and spot issues
- Very limited options for the libraries, reporting, and visualizations
- Users have complained that algorithm accuracy is a frequent problem
Databricks – Best Machine Learning Platform
Databricks is known for its offering of a cloud and Apache Spark-based unified platform that is widely known combination functionality of data engineering and data science. Working with Databricks brings a lot of advantages like real-time enablement on AWS, best operation results, and high performance. It is regarded as one of the Best Machine Learning Tools available for all sizes of businesses in the market. Moreover, it helps the users to easily access the preconfigured machine learning environments with a single-click feature.
- A reliable and performant data pipeline
- Top-level end-to-end security and compliance
- Productive data science at scale
- It is comparatively more expensive to use
- Users have complained about subpar support
- Lack of compatibility with most used AI/ML libraries that affects the effectiveness of the solution
Azure Machine Learning Studio – Top Machine Learning Platform
Azure Machine Learning Studio represents Microsoft’s presence in data science and machine learning markets. This platform is a perfect option for users who wish to build, test, and then execute predictive analytics and machine learning. Azure Machine Learning Studio is one of the most preferred platforms when we list the top Machine Learning platforms. It allows customers to seamlessly build, deploy, and share advanced analytics solutions in the cloud.
- Helps to manage the complete machine learning lifecycle by integrating with the existing DevOps processes
- Fosters best support for open-source frameworks and languages
- Protect data and understand models with interpretability
- The interface is less user-friendly.
- Frequent complaints about subpar documentation
- Not so reliable in terms of tech and assistance support
Amazon SageMaker – Machine Learning Platforms
Amazon SageMaker is also among the top machine learning platforms that allow the developers to create, train, and then deploy the machine learning models. With the help of this cloud-based platform, data scientists and developers can seamlessly deploy machine learning models on edge devices and embedded systems.
Amazon Sagemaker is developed by Amazon Web Services which also offers the widest machine learning services and supporting cloud infrastructure.
- Helps to build highly accurate training datasets
- The user doesn’t need to break down the data set into multiple chunks
- Fosters a visual interface that helps to analyze the debug data for easy inspection process
- The platform doesn’t provide a mechanism for easy tracking of metrics logged during training
- Doesn’t allow scheduling training jobs
- Complex to manage the training and production datasets, which can grow to petabytes in size.
IBM machine learning is more like a suite of various products that include IBM Watson Studio, IBM Cloud Pak for Data, IBM Watson Machine Learning, and IBM Watson Openscale. This is one of the best machine learning platforms that let developers and data scientists to construct AI models with open-source tools, monitor the different models, and then deploy them. A range of tasks like scaling compute, apps, and people dynamically to any cloud can be made easier. Thanks to these core competencies, IBM is considered one of the best machine learning softwares.
- Allows the training and management of self-learning models
- Built-in tools for data visualization and analysis
- Integrates artificial intelligence into existing applications easily
- Supports a wide range of open-source tools and libraries
- It is comparatively complex to use the IBM machine-learning platform
- Huge technical expertise is required to work with IBM Watson
- Proper usage of REST API documentation is reported missing
Google Cloud Vertex AI
Google Cloud Vertex AI Bringing the power of Google Cloud to provide a complete suite of tools and technologies that help to build, deploy, and scale machine learning models, Google Cloud Vertex AI is one of the best machine learning tools. This platform uses the pre-trained custom tooling, and AutoML APIs to speed model development, along with a low-code framework that typically results in 80% fewer lines of code. Moreover, the other core competency of this platform is that it supports all open-source frameworks consisting of TensorFlow, sci-kit-learn, PyTorch, etc.
- User-friendly along with powerful ML capabilities and thus easy to use
- Strong integration with other Google Solutions like BigQuery and Dataflow
- Google Vertex AI is not that flexible when compared to alternatives
- Customization is also very limited with this platform
- Lack of custom algorithm support
- Frequent complaints about high price
- Limited support for languages other than Python
Alteryx has emerged as one of the best Machine Learning platforms in the machine learning landscape which is dedicatedly designed to tackle complex machine learning projects. At the same time, the drag-and-drop feature of this platform significantly streamlines the workflow of developers. Alteryx Analytics connects to open-source GitHub libraries like Woodwork, Compose, Featuretools, EvaIML, and other data formats. It also has powerful visualization tools with a large and active user community.
- The drag-and-drop interface to simplify data workflow
- Encourages predictive, spatial, and predictive analytics
- Provides tools for data preparation, blending, and cleansing
- Easy integration with popular visualization tools like Tableau
- Difficulty in setup and use of Macros and APIs to connect various data sources
- Complaints about processing speed and slow load
As the name suggests, H2O.ai is an open-source data science platform that supports numerous technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc. The platform offers support to multiple automation features like feature selection, hyperparameter autotuning, feature engineering, label assignment, model ensembling, model documentation, and machine learning interpretability. H2O.ai also fosters further powerful features that are exclusively designed for Natural Language Processing and computer vision.
- Processes the large text blocks and builds the models with natural language processing
- Automatically generates visualization and creates data plots
- Has image processing capabilities using over 30 pre-trained image transformers and models
- Users’ complaints about missing analysis tools as well as limited algorithm support
- Comparatively weak performance and customer support than the peers
RapidMiner is one of the leading machine learning platforms that helps people build and operate AI solutions. It covers the entire lifecycle of the AI production process i.e. from data exploration and data preparation to model building, ML models deployment, and model operations. This platform carries all the features that help a data scientist streamline the process and simplify artificial intelligence via a visual user interface.
- Powerful visual programming environment
- Access load and analyze any type of data
- Efficiency build as well as deliver better models faster
- Complaints regarding heavy use of computational resources
- Chances of crash-prone in certain scenarios
How to Choose the Best Machine Learning Platforms?
When planning to work on a machine learning project, choosing the best ML platforms is one of the crucial decisions to take. While making the right can take your project to the place, failing to do so can prove drastic for your project. The list above discusses the best machine learning tools. Businesses worldwide trust these names and developers & data scientists love to work on them.
However, there are certain factors as well that help to make the right choice. So, here are some tips to choose the best machine learning platforms-
- Define Your Goals
First of all, you must define your goals, objectives, and requirements for the project. It consists of a category of applications for which are looking to develop machine learning capabilities. It will help you significantly to choose the right machine-learning platform.
- Evaluate Data Handling Capabilities
The second step is to assess the data handling capabilities like data ingestion, storage, preprocessing, and integration with the existing system of the platform. Choose the one that performs the best with these capabilities.
- Model Training and Deployment
You must choose a machine learning platform that can provide robust model training and deployment features. It should also be capable of providing support for popular machine learning frameworks.
- Scalability and Performance
The project and need for machine learning applications can scale in the future. So, make sure to choose a platform that has scalability and performance capabilities so that it can handle the size and complexity of data.
- User-friendly Interface
Go for a platform that has an intuitive user interface so that you can easily navigate as well as interact with the machine learning tools and features of the platform.
- Community and Support
Community and support are important factors to consider when choosing a platform. Explore the resources provided by the platform including forums, documentation, customer service, etc. to get assistance in the learning and troubleshooting process.
- Security and Privacy
Choosing a machine learning platform with the best security measures is a great decision. It helps to protect the data and ensure compliance with relevant privacy regulations.
- Cost and Model Pricing
Costing is a big concern in choosing the best ML platforms. So consider the factors like usage-based fees, storage costs, and additional feature cost to see if it fits in your budget.
- Integration and Customization
Your platform should be compatible with the existing tech stack. Also, it should integrate with the external tools and APIs to foster customization.
Syncing steps with the future with the help of the latest technology trends like machine learning is very important. Not only does it help to achieve competitive advantages, but also enhances the user experience and user retention. However, choosing the right machine-learning platform is equally crucial to get the desired results. So, Octal IT Solution has listed some of the best machine learning tools that a data scientist or developer can choose to enhance the efficiency of their machine learning projects.