Apps are making our lives a lot more fun and easy. These days we have learning apps for children, which assist them in the process of learning new and interesting things. Education & eLearning Portals and Mobile apps are fast emerging as potent tools of learning for preschoolers as well as junior school students. Mobile education, as a matter of fact, is a fast-growing trend which people all across the globe are embracing with open arms.
As per a recent survey, it has been seen that educational apps are highly sought after among kids between 5 to 10 years of age. In fact, not just the parents but also the junior-level teachers are encouraging children to use mobile learning apps to enhance their skills as well as overall competence level.
Needless to say, the use of mobile learning applications has grown immensely over the last few years. Apple App Store boasts of a whopping 65200 educational apps available for use by the iPhone and iPad users, which makes 8.47 percent of all apps.
On Google Play Store, Education is the most popular category with around quarter-a-million apps.
Textbook apps Most of the information contained in the textbooks are now available in the form of textbook apps. From Physics to Mathematics formulas to From Physics to Mathematics, formulas to well-known books, historical data now you have a learning app for each and every subject.
Apps meant for children are designed accordingly. These apps enable the children to learn new information by offering an explanation that can be understood by them. You will see lovely graphics with popular cartoon characters to draw their interest. There are fun activities to draw the attention of even the smallest of kids. Mentioned below are some of the advantages of mobile learning apps for children:
- 24-hour availability For schools, the children have to follow a particular time table. But they can access a mobile learning app whenever they want regardless of the times of the day. Unlike schools, there are no time schedules when a kid can access mobile apps. Unlike schools, there are no time schedules when a kid can access mobile apps. All that is needed is a Smartphone or a tablet, with some pre-installed learning apps. Most of these learning apps have child-friendly controls, thus the little ones can use them on their own without a problem. If a child needs the answer to any of his queries, he just has to log on to the app and the work is done.
- Interactive in nature Mobile apps for kids incorporate a wide range of attractive, interactive activities. The young learners are glued to small activities such as crossword puzzles, spot the difference activity, world-building, etc. For kids who have a creative bent of mind, parents can go in for apps with coloring games and origami. Mobile learning is more than textbooks it is an ideal way to expand various faculties of children.
- Enhances classroom performance Mobile learning apps can enable children to secure better grades. These apps play a huge role in bolstering these little learners with skills to execute school assignments with precision. In case a child faces any problem with any subject he can search for the same on his Android or iPhone app. He can also go in for advance class-preparation. This will boost his level of confidence.
- Valuable utilization of free times As children, we always had a lot of free time which we might have wasted in useless pursuits. With eLearning apps, children can use their leisure hours to learn something productive. As parents, we do not want our children to spend too much time in front of a television or doing idle talk over the phone. Mobile learning apps are a good alternative to wasteful internet browsing. They even instill a sense of discipline in children.
- Making children tech-savvy Becoming tech-savvy has become the need of the hour. According to Edison Research, the number of smartphone users below the age of 18 has increased by 600% from 2009 to 2014. Educational apps familiarize children with basic facets of smartphones as well as tablets. On average, a child of 5 years has become Smartphone savvy because of mobile learning apps. Regular use of these learning apps makes children confident when they are handling similar technology tools as well as gadgets.
- Sharing of knowledge gathered Most of the mobile learning apps for kids are integrated with networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. Kids can easily create their virtual study circles where they can share with their friends what all they are learning about, take part in discussions and even video hangouts. This ensures the two-way transfer of knowledge. And because of such interactions children can make new friends.
- Dynamic nature learning Mobile learning apps encompass a wide form of learning systems, such as text-based learning, videos, infographics, animated graphics, audio-narration, multiple-choice questions, and much more. A large percentage of students use their smartphones for eLearning, finding references, books, news or other productive activities. This expands the horizon of a child as he/she is exposed to different techniques of learning. Go in for a technique that suits the needs as well as the requirements of your child and see what wonders it does for him/her.
- Enjoyable and informal Children are averse to boring homework routines. The class-lectures are quite monotonous. Most of these complaints will vanish as a child gets acquainted with these learning apps. The Entertaining graphics, as well as imaginative illustrations, are a far call from regular studying patterns. Also when there is no teacher to check children, they feel at ease. The informal feel of a learning app propels children towards enhanced learning outcomes.
Related Blog - Factors You Should Consider to Estimate the Mobile App Cost
- Propels embracing of better lifestyle pattern Learning apps are not just restricted to classroom lessons. There are so many mobile apps for children where they can learn about daily hygiene tips, soft skills, dietary habits, etc. All such information is given to the students in a lively as well as easy-to-understand way. Children are always keen to learn positive things and mobile learning apps enable them to do that.
- A systematic form of education? Learning imparted by a mobile learning app is in a systematic form. Whether it is a storytelling app or subject-specific app, all kids? learning apps ensure systematic education. The apps have built-in databases, where you can store stories and completed assignments for later reviews. You can also access digital copies of references and texts. Mobile learning apps take away the peril of haphazard studying.
- Stay connected with your teachers Even though educational apps cannot be regarded as a substitute for classroom teaching, they serve to be an add-on to conventional teaching techniques. With these apps, students can get in touch with mentors and teachers by means of SMS's, instant messaging and emails. This makes resolving queries doubts, very simple as well as easy task.
- Portability Mobile learning apps are free from any space constraints. Android, as well as iPhone devices, have emerged as steady travel companion of parents as well as their kids. They are carried by them wherever they go, especially during the long flight or train journeys. With such devices, students do not have to stay away from learning at any time. With such devices, students do not have to stay away from learning at any time.
- Bonus - Cost Saving For institute owners or eLearning providers, mobile apps for learning is a profitable venture. As the number of learners increases, the cost of eLearning setup decreases significantly in comparison with classroom setup. Therefore, an eLearning platform is highly profitable for businesses aiming for a large number of students.
So, these are a few of the advantages which mobile learning apps offer to the students as well as their parents. Take the help of technology and tide over the barrier of ignorance and lack of knowledge. Download the mobile learning app as per your child's needs and motivate happy learning. Make the best use of the free time of your child and that also from the convenience of your home.