“Hey, congratulations, you are preggo!” Now, this is one declaration from her doctor that can make a woman feel ecstatic and at the same time jaggery.
Like, all those fears suddenly come out and she is in two minds about how will she manage things and challenges that come across with each trimester and sudden the beautiful journey of nine months seems like one scary ride to her.
However, dealing with these fears will now turn a lot simpler as today internet and technology has all the answers. By simply heading to the app store, people can download some really cool pregnancy tracker app and baby tracker app which are immensely helpful and allow to kick off pregnancy with confidence.
How have these pregnancy and baby tracker apps made things easy for users?
These pregnancy tracker and baby tracker apps allow the users to stay on top of each trimester in a personalized way. They offer users with informative entertainment like they enjoy scrolling through millions of baby names to get inspiration from as well as can track the stage of baby’s development in utero. Apart from this, there are also various tools within different pregnancy tracker apps for Moms so they can track appointments, vitamin schedules, time-lines concerning prepping for baby’s arrival, while also checking with a doctor remotely.
So, the ones who are pregnant and need assistance in terms of right knowledge, just have to reach to their smart-phones and choose to download an awesome pregnancy and baby tracker app as per their requirements.
Pregnancy and Baby-tracker mobile apps: The Real Game-Changer
The one thing which is really intriguing regarding pregnancy is to see how much a baby can grow and develop in just a matter of weeks, isn’t it amazing? So, these apps comes around as an ultimate companion during this crazy ride. Whether one wants to track by day, week, month, or trimester, these apps help you do all of that.
So below we are discussing the major benefits of pregnancy and baby tracker apps that will help greatly with the journey to motherhood.
- Ideally serves as a guide through pregnancy on day-by-day and week-by-week basis (and even hour-by-hour!). Perfect companion, what say?
- As per the due date, you receive personalized content, all the latest parenting news & health information, as well as access to a close-knit community of other parents & preggos like you.
- There are immense brand new tools & support helping you prepare and feel totally in control at each step – resultantly making you feel happy and stress-free throughout the pregnancy.
- Even after you have given birth, you receive answers, advice as well as guidance as you start out journey as a new parent.
Find a few of the highlights here:
- There is a personalized daily tracker showing your week & day of pregnancy, development of baby measured in fruit sizes, as well as there is a countdown to your due date.
- Users receive emotional support in a personalized, daily feed presenting freshly curated content that consists of health news, reasons to smile every day, pregnancy tips, and passionate stories from real parents.
- Useful, clear and beautiful week-by-week development info, which is helpful in understanding your changing body and gives the latest info on baby’s development through each stage.
- The people’s favorite week-by-week pregnancy videos help tremendously in understanding your changing body and also to understand baby’s development through each stage.
- It is easier to connect with other moms in a whole new manner – share stories, photos and advice in real-time, as well as can arrange meetings with moms like you.
- The apps allow the users to find the right group on the basis of your birth month, location, interest, medical condition, parenting style and a lot more.
Things to be considered while developing a Pregnancy Tracker App?
Going by the immense potential of these kind of healthcare mobile apps, more and more businesses are showing interest in this arena, which is greatly profitable and popular among the audience.
Though there are many of pregnancy and baby tracker mobile apps out there but not all of them have become a huge hit among the users. Often it happens that the user downloads a mobile app and after scrolling through it, if s/he doesn’t find it up-to-the-mark, it gets un-installed instantly, to be never downloaded again
A feature-rich, quality babysitter app is what every customer desires, however with pregnancy being a crucial aspect, the requirements reach another level, with emotional quotient being associated to this scenario.
Often there has been people voicing their disagreements and disappointments with the number of pregnancy apps, like often they find it too technical or complex, or some were repackaged in a new interface, while some were just plain ugly. Hence, here we have tried to come up with a few crucial features that must be considered to create a better pregnancy tracker app.
The basic idea is to provide insightful information to parents in a beautiful package. So begin with,
It is best to begin after consultation with your pregnant friends. Like, request them to be a part of the initial user testing group and collaborate with the enthusiastic pregnant women who are eager to lend a helping hand.
In simple terms, it is not possible to create a great app without first talking to your users.
One research showed that during user testing sessions it was found that users didn’t want to spend their time reading boring, long articles having lots of medical jargon. Thus, you must condense the information to the essentials and present it in a beautiful manner.
Most importantly, they desire for a kind of app that makes them feel personal.
Designing the UI
It is advised to not keep app interface too dark or too technical. From the beginning itself, choose warm tones and gradients. You can, however, experiment with gradient varieties later on. Soon, you will find a gradient that will become a part of the brand.
Next big goal is for the colors to really pop and at the same time also be recognizable. Ask your developers to design a simple, 1-screen app with the gradients generated in code. Later test in on actual devices. You will find that few older Android phones displayed very muted colors.
You will also find one interesting aspect while taking screenshots from the gradients and used color pickers, that the gradient range colors were different than the ones in code. Both iOS and Android displays them in their own way.
You can then tweak the gradients to be an ideal mix that looks great on most devices.
Make the app memorable
It is crucial to nail the illustrations and 3D renders in order to make your app memorable. There will be a number of sketches before you ultimately end up with that perfect one.
Once you receive approval over the same from your test group, move on to designing screens. You can choose to keep the design simple or as per your test group’s demands. Post some pen and paper sketches of the flow, head straight into the graphic design with Photoshop and then you can get it built for iOS. As the MVP is ready, get it tested out on real users before deciding on the final direction and features.
Address issues to make everyone happy
Once your app is launched, you might come across issues faced by your audience, so it is vital to come up with the right solution to make them feel satisfied and happy with your app. The negative review must stop in order to get higher app store ratings.
Taking care of these aspects you can certainly succeed in making magic with your app, which will be simply adored by your users.
Key Features to be present in the Pregnancy & Baby Tracker app:
- Daily Tip
- Q/A Community
- Baby growth cycle updates
- Track contractions and send results to the medic
- Track baby kicks
- Baby’s First Year Features
- Daily Baby Calendar
- Sleep Guide and Lullaby Music for babies
- Feeding Guide with breastfeeding and formula tips
- Baby Health & Safety articles and videos
- Mommy & Baby activity suggestions
- Baby Care advice
- Tips for taking care of yourself, too
- Scheduler and Tracker: Scheduler let you know the current week of pregnancy and importance
- of it and tracker provides appointment details or any recommendation provided by your
- Health assessment: unlock more tips and tools
- Baby Kick Counter
- Baby Registry Checklist
- Birth Clubs and Community groups
- Bumpie Photo Diary, a simple pregnancy photo tool to capture weekly belly pics and turn
- them into an amazing time-lapse Bumpie video to share, or keep as your personal
- pregnancy journal
- Register/ Login
- Calendar updates
- Maintain child birth club
- Track your pregnancy week by week
- Manage weight and belly growth gain goals with clinical guidelines for your BMI
- Health – fitness, Beauty- Styling, Travel, Nutrition & weight Tips
- Baby birth preferences
- Join Communities
- Manage Profile
- Sign In
- Manage Patients/ Users
- Add Experts to interact with users
- Manage Experts
- Add/Edit/View/Delete Application Content
- Tools Manager
- Involve Father: It can be used by the father as well to monitor mother’s and baby’s
- It will allow the father to support mother for appointment scheduling and management.
- Vitals Monitoring: Mobile application allows to enter various test data noticed from
- Personal health devices (PHDs) advised by doctor and data is monitored at other end by
- 24/7 offline access to the app even when you don’t have internet connectivity.
- Birth Club Topic wise Chat with Experts (Paediatricians and Gynaecologists)
- Trimester and due date progress bar
- Pairing with Gynaecologist: Get the connect ID from your Gynaecologist and pair with her/him through the app
- Graphical Trends: One touch graphic tool enables you and your doctor to monitor trends
- Pregnancy Card: Care Mother generate your pregnancy card and which you can share with near ones
- Pregnancy & Baby Songs
- Get baby size information and development updates weekly
- Get information on changes in your body
- Share on Facebook, Email, Text & Twitter
- Food safety lookup: Is this safe to eat?
- Medication safety lookup: Is this safe to take?
- Symptoms lookup: Is this normal?
- Fetal Development interactive images
- Inside the Womb videos and Real Childbirth videos
Pregnancy Tracking App Development – Involved Technologies
- Push Notifications – Twilio, Push.io
- Nutrition Feeds – NutritionX, MyFitnesspal
- SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification -Nexmo, Twilio
- Payments – Braintree & PayPal, Stripe, EWallets
- GWT – for Powerful Programming
- Datastax – for Data Management
- Mandrill – for everything related to emails
- Debian – the Universal Operating System
- Database – MongoDB, Hbase, Cassandra, Postgress, Mail Chimp Integration
- Cloud Environment – AWS
- Real-time Analytics – Hadoop, Spark, BigData, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM
- Audio/Video Streaming
- Integration with Wearable – Fitbit, Garmin, Apple-watch, jawbone
Pregnancy Tracking App Development Process?
You know it is time to begin with the development process once all related features needed to create a great and superior-quality app are gathered and accumulated. While starting out with the development procedure, ensure these below-mentioned aspects are taken well care of:
- Design and Prototypes
- Quality Assurance
Required Team Structure
Creating an impeccable Pregnancy App is a tiresome process and apart from dedication, hard work, technology, a lot of emotions also go in the making of such an app. It is vital that you hit upon the best and experienced mobile app development company. You will need a pool of talented managers, mobile app developers, designers and testers in order to craft an astonishing pregnancy app.
Project Manager: Must be equipped with the managerial skills and good intellect, hence able to identify the best in the mobile app industry landscape. She/he must be capable of zeroing upon the most productive solutions so as to attain your business goals and insights.
Designers: Expert UX/UI designers, Graphic Designer
Testers: A team of proficient and skilled QA experts for delivering a smooth and a rich experience to users
Cost to Develop Pregnancy and Baby-Tracker Mobile App:
Next, it’s time to determine the cost to develop a Pregnancy Tracking App. Well, the development cost of any app is determined by calculating the size and complexity of an app, and same holds true for this kind of app. Besides, it also depends on the developers’ physical location and a lot more on the number of hours consumed in the making of the app. On the basis of various zones, here we have outlined the cost to develop a featured pregnancy mobile app.
- The US-based developers: – $100 to $250 per hour
- Eastern Europe based developers: – $80 to $180 per hour
- India based developers: – $70 to $180 per hour
Now according to the segments to be developed, the actual cost of developing a Pregnancy Mobile App is graphed.
- Technical documentation (40 hours – $1000 to $2000)
- UI/UX design (60 Hours – $1500 to $3000)
- Front-end and Back-end development (400 Hours – $10,000 to $ 20,000)
- Testing (80 Hours – $2000 to $4000)
Calculating the above overhead charges, the average cost of a Pregnancy & Baby Tracker app can be outlined. A reasonable app with limited features can cost upto $8,000 to $25,000 for a single platform and the charges can extend upto $35,000 in case, the app developed is feature rich and is driven by high quality standards.
Now as you look for the right mobile app development firm to go ahead with the pregnancy and baby tracker app development process, you find quite a number of prominent Healthcare IT service provider firms. Ensure that the comprehensive research has been conducted on the firm before putting your special project in their hands. As you zero upon the right firm, you are good to go.
What else do you feel should be included in a Pregnancy and Baby Tracker App? Mention in the comment box below and share this post to spread the love…:)