Well, it can be a little overwhelming to get a medical practice management solution PMS developed, noting the fact that you need to choose from a lot of systems. So how to decide which one will meet your medical practice requirements best? What is the difference between all-in-one platforms vs. Stand-alone programs? What is the difference between local-server vs. cloud-based solutions? How to do which type will best suit your specific healthcare business requirement & budget?
Well, today in this write-up, we will be covering all these concerns, reviewing the top options, weighing the pros and cons, and outlining the key considerations so to help you find the best Medical Practice Management solution.
To start with, let's first understand Medical Practice Management as a concept.
What Is Medical Practice Management Software?
Well, Medical Practice Management (MPM) software is designed for streamlining the day-to-day tasks of operating a medical facility. With the help of this software, physicians & medical practitioners can easily access a number of records, comprising of official reports, appointment schedules, patient billing information, and insurance statements and claims. Medical Practice Management Software offers benefits to a number of medical professionals, like emergency room physicians, independent practitioners, hospital workers, and specialty medical providers. An MPM not just manages finances, which is central to any business, but it also refers to adherence to regulatory compliance, cash flow management, allocation of resources, and administration of staff.
How Is It Different from Medical Billing Software?
The difference between medical practice management software and medical billing is that medical billing & claim management software are usually stand-alone independent programs. However, in the case of a medical practice management system, they contain a number of connected applications/modules that work together to meet the end-to-end needs of a practice.
What Is the Role of Medical Practice Management Software in a Medical Facility?
Basically, MPM is responsible to ensure that every aspect of the medical practice runs smoothly, staying in compliance with laws governing the specialty, that the staff is well-trained and attended to, and also that A/R is kept low & positive cash is maintained.
Types of Medical Practice Management Solution
Well, the advantage of technology has offered medical practice two good choices for the Medical Practice Management Software.
App-for That Platforms: Modern software companies offer the opportunity to medical facilities to connect the best, specialty-specific software applications together in an ecosystem of technology. This way medical facilities can combine pieces of technology best suit the specialized workflows & provider preferences. Like, it can choose a medical billing option that works well for billing requirements or can pick an EHR option that best suits their clinical needs.
All-in-One Software: Well, earlier the big enterprise computer systems were required for a medical practice so to get all features & capabilities run their full practice. However, today there is cloud-based and lower-priced technology giving greater access to all-in-one solutions for medical billing, scheduling, Electronic Health Records (EHRs), and collection management.
These are the two dominant types of medical practice management software solutions that you can choose from. Our practice management software development team helps you build strong solutions in no time. We have been delivering solutions that are interesting and engaging and can help you beat your competition in a go.
What Are the Major Functionalities of Medicine Practice Management Software?
The functionalities of your application need to be maintained in a way that helps you stand a few steps ahead of the competition and bring together interesting solutions. Ultimately every MPM system aims to reduce the time spent by doctors on paperwork so s/he can devote more time to patients. This way, medical practice management solutions consist of these functionalities that assist in the same. The major functionalities that our pms patient management system takes care of are
- Patient Registration: Typically, new patients are required to fill out a form with demographic information about themselves, like name, contact information, address, and insurance information. So, MPM software enables office administrators to enter & store the info in the system. Often the patient information is also transferred to the patient’s insurance firm for verification or to an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Appointment Scheduling: A number of medical practices use software so to better organize their appointment schedules, instead of depending on a paper calendar or Excel spreadsheet. An?PMS software logs new patient appointments and is also capable of tracking doctors? schedules, monitor appointment history and send automated appointment reminders & follow-up notices to patients.
- Patient Billing: Medical PMS solutions also prove helpful in the preparation of patient billing statements, sending electronic bills, and collecting & processing payments. And then there are many PMS solutions that even integrate both employee payroll and customer billing in the system.
- Reporting & Document Management: Going by the fact that medical facilities are usually having a large amount of paper documentation, MPM solutions have this functionality to help them in organizing and managing all the paperwork.? Like, it enables doctors to scan bill payments, patient prescriptions, and other documents in the system. Many systems even allow administrators to pull detailed reports in order to track office-wide activities.
- Inventory Management: Stocking & distributing medical inventory is very time-consuming, however, PMS software is capable of streamlining the process. It tracks inventory orders, assesses inventory & supply levels, and manages inventory storage in all streams with medical practice management. It is also capable of generating inventory reports, eliminating manual data entry, and tracking items dispensed to patients.
- Claims Management: Prior to submitting insurance claims for services rendered, medical practitioners can use MPM software to scrub and edit the data, thus ensuring it meets national insurance claim standards. The software can be used by them to submit claims electronically, check claims status in real-time, track overdue claims, and well as verifying benefits information. With PMS solutions in compliance with HIPAA, it is helpful to speed up insurance claim reimbursement as they are pre-approved by insurance providers.
Any app forms its ground with the features that are available in the application. We make sure that the solutions that are delivered to you are feature ladened and help your audience avail the solutions to any issues they may face. We have worked head over heels to make sure that your product brings to you a strong and loyal customer base.
Features of Medical Practice Management Software
When you talk about the solutions in the market, it becomes quite significant to affirm that the features that you have added to the application interest your audience and the service providers.
If in any case, either of the parties fails to enjoy their journey on your application then you may incur a loss.
Here is the list of essential features for any MPM system:
Medical Billing Office:
- Overall proficiency to manage revenue cycle
- Pre-collections, patient statements, & collections
- Systematized way to manage aging claims, A/R, and patient balances
- Systematized way to manage rejections, denials, payment & adjustments, and write-downs
- Insurance claim filing, print or electronic, primary, secondary, & tertiary
- Easy billable code selection with automatic claim scrubbing & case management
- Quick charge entry/capture with easy access to clinical notes
- Savvy revenue cycle management tools
Cloud-Based EMR Software:
- All required clinical reporting such as CDC, Mu, PQRS, Rural Health, etc.
- Easy document management & retrieval with integrated fax
- Easy way to order scripts, labs, & diagnostics
- An uncomplicated way to diagnose & chart patient encounters in a way that doesn't require a lot of moving around, clicks, or proliferation of windows.
- Patient face-sheet with easy access to family history, medical history, visit history, allergies, immunizations, prior clinical notes, labs, prescriptions, & diagnostics
- Ability to assign tasks
- Ability to accept patient pay, print receipts, labels, & superbills
- Patient balances & insurance balances are displayed in the calendar and patient ledger
- Enter patient demographics. Ability to check benefits manually & batch
- Appointment scheduling with flexible time slots & appointment reminders
Customer Satisfaction Modules:
- CRM to set up automated emails, create newsletters, and organize community events important for today's practices
- Online Review Management important for today's doctors
HIPAA Compliance Application:
- The logical way to manage HIPAA, HITECH, OMNIBUS, PCI compliance
- Every essential report required by each department to operate efficiently is available
- Fraud prevention
- Key performance indicators (KPI) displayed in real-time
- The at-a-glance dashboard of the practice's financial health
- The system adheres to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
With these amazing solutions on the list, we make sure that the services deployed help you earn great results.
Along with these basic features, we make sure to add some additional features that give your product a competitive edge. If you are looking forward to solutions that can help you earn better results, we are just here.
Additional Features of Medical PMS
As we talk about the medical PMS solutions, there are a few advanced solutions that you need to take care of. Our on-demand mobile app development team researches well on the solutions and affirms that they would include the loopholes in other solutions.
- In the present times of modern technology, it is vital to ensure that your Medical PMS system offers these features mirroring modern and fast-paced medical practices:
- Online Patient Portal allows new patients to request an appointment, enter patient & insurance information, chief complaint, family history, medical history, and Rx histories. All of this is done online by the patients, before the appointment, at their own convenience.
- Look for a system that offers great support. It should consistently achieve higher than 90% customer satisfaction
- Comprehensive Reporting is highly useful for the front office, clinical, billing and revenue cycle, financial reporting, and employee productivity reporting
- Patient Marketing CRM & Online Review Management dashboards
- Electronic Claims Management & cutting-edge Revenue Cycle Management capabilities
- Inter-Office Communications & Task Assignment
- Document Management: This feature ensures that the right document goes into the right patient chart.
- The system offers simple & intuitive clinical charting. With EHRs (electronic health records), practitioners can complete an entire patient encounter on a single screen without the need to open extra windows or require hundreds of clicks.
- Among its many awesome features, one is superbill creation & reconciliation. Also, there is Case Management, Electronic claim transmittal, and management.
- The MPM system enables automated Eligibility Verification & patient Appointment Reminders.
- The system has a flexible and robust patient appointment scheduling feature that enables multiple bookings per timeslot, flexible timeslots as well as it facilitates complex scheduling scenarios for multi-provider, multi-location, multi-specialty, and enables first-available resource scheduling.
Along with these features, if you are looking forward to more solutions we are just a click away. We make sure that the solutions that are dropped to you are interesting and engaging and can help you mark a strong presence in the market.
We have been working in the direction of earning better solutions that would help us through.
What Are the Benefits of PMS Software?
When talking about the advantages of PMS Software, we make sure that the solutions are easy to use and can hold your audience. We have listed here some of the advantages of PMS Software that would make it easier for you to mark your presence in the market.
- It smooths the functioning of administrative staffing by automating routine processes, like patient-flow management. It helps healthcare practices in minimizing their administrative expenses while also maintaining efficiency excellence in patient care.
- Owing to their limited resources, solo healthcare practices greatly benefit from the Medical PMS system, which streamlines billing functions, patient appointment scheduling, claims to process, and record-keeping functions.
- The physicians get to instantly access patient information and are enabled to update charts, note medications, and other important data into the system. This way it ensures accurate billing and bookkeeping thus enabling healthcare practice to run smoothly.
- Hospitals and larger clinics can greatly benefit from MPM, as it delivers timely, accurate, and better quality patient care. With a comprehensive management program, immediate record transfers are possible while it also enhances patient workflow and eliminates treatment errors that happen due to incomplete or inaccurate paper records.
- Save actual space with digital storage capacity for a neater and more welcoming facility. At the same time, digital information is a lot more secure than paper files.
- Medical Practice Management streamlines & standardizes a number of administrative tasks, thus it frees medical staff to devote more time to patient care. This way, the staff members will find their jobs more fulfilling and patients also will enjoy a higher level of medical care.
- The accuracy and efficiency of the system will ultimately benefit the bottom line of the medical facility. It is given that the patients who are highly satisfied with the quality of care from a medical team are going to stay with the practice and also tell their friends about it. And more patients obviously mean more revenue.
Who Makes Medical Practice Management Platforms?
There are a number of Healthcare IT service providers that offer services in this arena. The Medical Practice Management Software Development Companies have access to the right tools and technologies which are essential to creating a highly specialized Medical Practice Management Platform.
Why is it important to choose the right development partner for MPM software?
As you begin your search for the right Medical Practice Management Software Development Company, ensure that the firm offers these integral features, such as Speedy execution, Simple & Appealing design, friendly support, easy-to-use, feature-rich, efficient processing on all devices (tablets, mobile & desktops), suitable for both web and mobile apps, mobile-ready strategy (suits both Android & iOS apps), Integrated with EHR system of the healthcare practice, HIPAA, HL7 compliant, Integrated with EPA (Electronic Prior Authorization), and Certified with EPCS (Electronic Prescription for Controlled Substance).
What is the cost to develop a Medical Practice Management Software?
Do numerous factors go into consideration for determining the cost to develop robust PPM software, after all, it's a huge app, which requires a lot of integration. However, the factors that mainly affect the development costs are:
- Basic Features
- Advance?& Custom Features
- Third-Party API Integrations
- Certifications & Compliances
- Development Platforms (Android/iOS)
- Development Partner Location
- Size of the development team
When talking about the cost of cloud-based medical practice management software, we make sure that the solutions that are deployed to you are interesting and engaging. Over the years we have market the solutions that can help you earn better solutions in a go.
Wrapping It Up!
If you are looking forward to earning a reputation in the market with the best medical practice management software, you need to hire a team that understands the complexities involved. We have been delivering solutions that are easy to understand and can help you build a strong presence in the market. Our experts can help you earn great results in no time.
We would be available to connect with you all the while and affirm that the solutions that are dropped to you are engaging and can help you build a strong digital presence in no time.