And you have been running an ecommerce business for a while now, and the revenue is quite satisfying. Why not increase your user’s mobile shopping experience too? M-commerce is basically the secret sauce to success in the e-commerce world, in this tech-driven era. Everyone has a mobile phone these days, and if you want to capture the market, reaching them via mobile is necessary.
M-commerce isn’t just about shopping stuffs online. It is also your go-to option for buying tickets, managing bills, online banking, and many other things. It’s basically managing your life at your fingertips.
Why does your business need to adopt mobile commerce? Well, here are some mCommerce statistics that will throw some light on the significance of m-commerce for your business.
M-commerce General Stats
Here are Some general m-commerce stats you need to know to understand the current m-commerce market size and relevance. Our experts searched through various reports and shared their conclusions.
- Mobile commerce volume is expected to reach $620.97 billion by 2024.
- Mobile devices (excluding tablets) comprised 58.33% of global web traffic in Q1 of 2023.
- As of January 2022, mobile commerce accounted for nearly two-thirds (65.7 percent) of all global e-commerce retail sales.
- Statista’s Market Insights states that mobile e-commerce sales reached $2.2 trillion in 2023, 60 percent of all e-commerce sales worldwide. In 2027, Statista analysts expect $3.4 trillion of mobile e-commerce sales.
- Insider Intelligence predicts m-commerce sales to hit $534.18 billion, or 40.4% of e-commerce sales, in 2024.
- Tablet e-commerce sales are expected to reach $54.01 billion by 2026, down from $61.08 in 2022
- Amazon is the leading online shopping mobile app.
- The UK’s m-commerce market share is predicted to grow to over 100 billion British pounds (approx. $123.7 billion) by 2024
- Retail m-commerce sales in the United States exceeded 360 billion U.S. dollars in 2021. By 2025, it is forecast to grow almost twofold, amounting to approximately 710 billion U.S. dollars.
mCommece User Habit Statstics
The users pick the most convenient option to reach out to their favorite brands; this is where m-commerce applications come into the picture. These user habit-based m-commerce statistics are a clear reflection that m-commerce is not just another buzz, it is a trend that is here to stay.
- In Q1 of 2023, smartphones accounted for approximately 74% of retail site traffic worldwide, generating 63% of online shopping orders.
- Accounted 29 billion visits from 1.5 billion shoppers to 2,276 digital commerce sites in 61 countries.
- Almost half (49%) of mobile users compare the pricing of products or on their smartphones.
- 76% of consumers shop on mobile because it saves time.
- 2 billion users spent 234 minutes in 2021 on mobile ecommerce.
- 83% of users use a specific shopping app on their smartphones when shopping inside a store.
- 70% of mobile searches lead to action within an hour
- 43% of smartphone owners rated online purchases as their top job.
- M-commerce stats show 67% of customers do digital window shopping on mobile.
- 83% of users use a specific shopping app on their smartphones when shopping inside a store.
- 85% of shoppers abandon their cart on mobile
- 33% of mobile shoppers who have a negative experience will immediately switch to a competitor.
- 88% of mobile shoppers have had at least one negative experience while shopping.
- Mobile shoppers account for 61% of organic search engine visits.
- 85% of US adults own a smartphone, and 53% own a tablet, showcasing the number of potential m-commerce customers.
Global Mcommerce Stats
Worldwide m-commerce statistics show that most businesses focus on creating mobile-friendly experiences for a growth-oriented business. Our mcommerce experts have been researching on the latest trends and technologies that can help you. Some of the top m-commerce stats we have compiled here.
- Expected 43.4% of total retail e-commerce sales in 2023, up from 41.8% in 2022.
- By 2025, retail m-commerce sales will reach $728.28 billion and account for 44.2% of retail ecommerce sales in the US.
- Mobile retail e-commerce sales in India were estimated to be nearly 67 billion U.S. dollars in 2021 and likely to grow to over 145 billion U.S. dollars by 2025.
- 52% of consumers in Malaysia use smartphones for online shopping.
- 95% of consumers in the United Arab Emirates used a smartphone to shop online in 2020.
- China’s m-commerce transactions generate over $873 billion in sales.
- Japan’s m-commerce market makes up under a quarter of the country’s ecommerce market.
- In 2022, mobile shopping accounted for 74.8 percent of total online shopping transaction value in South Korea.
- In 2022, the volume of mobile shopping transactions amounted to around 156.9 trillion South Korean won
- France – In 2022, consumers spent nearly 147 billion euros shopping online, and close to half of that e-commerce revenue was generated through mobile e-commerce.
- In 2022, mobile commerce represented approximately 39 percent of online retail sales in Italy, The mCommerce Market in italy was 21.7 billion euros in 2021
- Projections showed that China’s mobile shopping service users will continue to grow to about 1.14 billion by 2023.
- In 2021, the market volume of mobile e-commerce in China amounted to around 27.5 trillion yuan, increasing from 23.8 trillion yuan in the previous year. The transaction volume is expected to continue its growth and reach approximately 34.8 trillion yuan by 2023.
Mobile Commerce Statistics in the USA
USA has a significant number of users who can explore the market through their smartphones. Here are some interesting mcommerce facts and numbers from the USA.
- By 2024, there will most likely be over 187 million active mobile shoppers in the US alone.
- Retail m-commerce sales in the United States exceeded 360 billion U.S. dollars in 2021. By 2025, that figure is forecast to grow almost twofold, amounting to approximately 710 billion U.S. dollars.
- The mcommerce share will be reaching 8.7% by 2026, according to a June 2022 Insider Intelligence forecast.
- Mcommerce sales in 2022 will reach $415.93 billion, representing 6.0% of total retail sales for the year.
- By 2023, the number of people using mobile payments in the US is expected to rise to 80 million.
- As of the fourth quarter of 2022, mobile commerce spending in the United States made up 38 percent of overall digital spending.
- U.S. m-commerce is expected to experience a massive CAGR of 34.9% between 2020–2026.
- 60.9% of the U.S. population are mobile buyers.
- 40% of Cyber Monday sales come from mobile devices.
- The average U.S. consumer spends roughly $100 per m-commerce purchase.
- 53.9% of the total annual retail e-commerce sales in the U.S. come from m-commerce.
- 35% of mobile shoppers say the use a mobile retail app multiple times a week.
- In the US market, Mobile commerce is currently worth more than $400 billion. That count is projected to grow by more than 1.5x times higher in the next two years.
- Mcommerce market sales are expected to cross $510 billion in 2023 and $710 billion in 2025.
Image Source: Tidio
mCommerce Statistics UK
UK, we know is one of the world’s largest and most developed economies. it has a great financial sector and a great IT sector as well. The country has a great market for mobile commerce. Our experts share here mCommerce stats for UK to help you understand how the mobile commerce market is performing in the country.
- UK m-commerce sales will reach $134.37 billion by 2024.
- UK consumers have spent 82 billion hours browsing shopping apps in 2020.
- In 2022 mobile commerce represented approximately 55 percent of online retail sales in the United Kingdom
- It is forecast that in 2024, the revenue from m-commerce will go up to 105.28 billion British pounds.
- In 2021, the number of total unique visitors to Amazon websites on mobile devices in the United Kingdom (UK) reached over 40 million, up from the previous years. eBay and Apple followed in the ranking with over 29 and 21 million mobile unique visitors, respectively.
- By 2024, m-commerce retail revenues are predicted to surpass 100 billion pounds.
- In 2020, 66.7% of UK shoppers switched to mCommerce.
- In the UK, the value of products purchased via mobile devices in 2020 was around £65 billion.
- Globally, consumer spending on mobile alone will reach a total of $270 billion by 2025.
Mobile Payment Statistics and Facts
As we have stated, mcommerce isn’t just shopping online, it is everything that your mobile can do. We share here some of the mobile payment statistics to support the mcommerce stats and our point why a great mobile experience is the need of the hour for your business.
- Mobile wallets will comprise more than half (51.7%) of global e-commerce payment preferences by 2024.
- Mobile wallets are currently the leading choice for payments in the Asia-Pacific region and are projected to make up 47.9% of point-of-sale transactions by 2024.
- In 2020, mobile payments constituted 21.0% of the total volume of global e-commerce transactions, yet they represented only 12.0% of the total transaction value.
- Mobile payments are projected to increase from $502 billion in 2020 to $755 billion in the U.S.A. by 2024.
- In 2025, it is anticipated that mobile payments will achieve a global total of $38.0 trillion, as indicated by the study and reports of Worldpay Report 2021.
Wrapping It Up!
Generally, m-commerce is an easy way to take your products to your audience and do business. The world is obsessed with mobile phones and the internet; everyone has one. Thus, m-commerce allows you to connect with a wider audience in a shorter time.
Mobile commerce or m-commerce is a valuable source of information and a convenient way to showcase your products and modify your business strategies. Studying how customers behave, what they like, and other things can make your marketing strategies more meaningful and productive.
There’s a lot more that we can count on. These are some of the significant m-commerce stats that clearly reflect its impact on the market. If you are into a business and want to upgrade your m-commerce strategy, our experts can help.