Out of the several taxi app existing out there, it becomes difficult for the users to identify, compare and book the cab that is charging them the minimum fare. Well, they have to keep toggling between different taxi booking apps such as Ola, Lyftetc before booking a taxi for a particular destination. Now certainly the above scenario looks quite overawed and thus the users are looking for the pursuits so as to simplify this taxi fare estimation procedure. Thus, owing to the current scenario the concept of taxi fare comparison app development had made a clear-cut way in the mainstream of the taxi business.
Users can now compare the fare charges under one roof and can book the cab at the lowest price. The taxi fare comparison will book the cab for a concerned vendor whether Uber, Lyft, DIDI, etc. without even registering on any of them. Well, doesn’t the concept sound pretty interesting? So here keep reading the post for identifying the best features of a cab price comparison app. it will also aid you in case you are having a similar idea running through the mind.
- Different Kinds of Taxi Mobile Applications in the Market
- Few more advanced features
- Technology Stack
- Team architecture:
- How much does it cost to develop a taxi fare comparison app?
Different Kinds of Taxi Mobile Applications in the Market
When it comes to taxi mobile applications, the market is flooding with some interesting feature set. There are various kinds of taxi booking mobile applications in the market that make it easier for the end-users to commute in and out of the city.
Before you decide to develop Taxi price comparison app, an idea on what you want to integrate with your product would help us integrate appreciable unique development methodology with the refreshed innovation. We have a skilled team of developers who include in the development just as well as are liable for the safe and well-developed applications.
1.Taxi aggregators API: You can fathom the above feature as the essence of the app to compare ola and uber prices. Since your app will showcase the fare estimated by the different taxi aggregators, it is important to link the API of all the connected taxi providers to the app. Now, what the API will do is fetch the price from the libraries and the database of the cab service providers enlisted in your app thus allowing the user to make a comparison in a very simple way. But make sure the backend of the app should be capable enough to display the fares charged by each of the aggregators, as soon as the user requests a cab.
2.Taxi Fare Calculator: The taxi fare app calculates the charges as per the provided pick-up and drop-off location. It compares the price with all the fares that are outlined by the different taxi aggregators apps. This way the fares are not only verified but also the chances of unrealistic fare calculation decreases. These days the calculation of unrealistic fare charges is quite a common issue. For instance, the man in Toronto was charged $ 18,000 for an 8 Km ride when he booked the cab from Uber. Likewise, the Mumbai man was charged around 139 crores for taking a 30-minute ride from Ola. Thus, embedding this feature can save the users from getting such high bills and it adds to your app with a good note as well.
3. Real-time surge pricing information: Users get the surge pricing information attuned to all the cab service providers. It may happen that different taxi services can have different surge pricing standards, for instance, the fare price listed by the Lyft may be high when compared with any other taxi service provider. Thus, the users can find and compare the surge prices and can accordingly book a taxi with a reasonable fare. Under this section, users get real-time updates about the surge pricing, therefore, for their confined distances they can check the prices in a very convenient way before proceeding for booking a cab.
4. Book instantly: Once the users identify the taxi they want to travel in, they can book them instantly. The book instantly feature will allow them to book the taxi within the app itself. Users are not required to register with the Lyft, DIDI or with any other service provider. With just one single app, their task of booking can be accomplished.
5. Find the nearest taxi: Users can select the nearby taxi based on the pick-up location. They can book the cab that reaches their desired location within a minimal time. This feature can help the users in accomplishing their instant plans in a very convenient and cost-effective manner.
6. Select your own driving machines: Users can select their own driving machines such as SUV, Auto, Sedan, etc. Since the price varies for all of them, hence the users can discover the required car model and can compare the charges outlined by the different cab service providers. Once selected, they can book the cab when required. For instance, Uber may charge less when compared with Ola in the case when the user selected Sedan. Thus, it becomes quite easy for the users to select the appropriate car as per their requirement and comfort at a minimal price.
7. Apply the coupon codes: Now, this is certainly the one that attracts the users very much. They can apply the coupons for cutting down the prices during the surge pricing or when they are planning to travel long distances. So, other than identifying the minimized cost they can even apply the coupons delivered to them by the concerned cab service provider.
8. Post reviews: Users can post reviews as well. They can rate the services provided by the concerned cab service provider and narrate the riding experience as well. Moreover, they can post the comments related to the driving habits of the driver, whether the driver arrived at the right time or not so as to keep the other users aware of the quality of services delivered.
9. Push Notifications: Push technology comes as a great deal in keeping the users engaged with your app. All the information regarding the app updates, offers and discounts can be delivered. Does it help in keeping users aware of the services you are offering and at the same time increase the users’ base as well.
These are the basic features that our developers try to include in your application. We have been working over the years on similar models and are quite aware of the features of Taxi fare comparison applications that can help us earn great results in no time.
If you are looking forward to monetizing your business idea then you are surely at the right place. We help experts make sure they get the best results in the limited time.
Few more advanced features
These basic features are a must have in your taxi fare comparison application. Along with these applications there are a lot more things that you would have to consider for better results.
Our mobile app development team studies your competition well and makes it a point that the solutions thatare delivered to you are not just easy to use but offer a range of services that your competition doesn’t.
Find your location analyses of the user’s exact pick-up point.
Users are not required to write the address manually as the app will show the fare according to the pickup and drop-off location on its own. Set your own destinations allows the users to set their own destinations within the taxi fare comparison app. They can name they’re most frequently traveled locations such as a home address, office address, and much more so as to pick up the ride in a convenient way.
Users can make the payment with the integrated payment gateways such as Credit/debit cards. eWallet mobile apps, Net banking, etc. Safety: Since the app works only with reputed taxi aggregators, hence the users are delivered a complete ecosystem while traveling.
Discounts and Referrals
With discounts and referrals, app users can save some extra money that would make your application popular. If the services are appreciable, let them refer your app to their friends and earn some referral points that can make it easier for them to get the cheapest services and gain popularity of your application.
Also Read – Car Washing App Development Services By Top Carwash App Developer
Remember, an efficient app leverages all the evolving technologies and comprehends the users’ requirements in just the right way; therefore, indulge in the correct development ecosystem. Here find the perfect technologies that must be applied while developing a cab price comparison app.
Location Tracking – For Android, Google Maps has all the needed functionalities, and for iOS – Apple maps can be selected. Both these technologies identify the location by the help of proximity sensors situated in users? smartphones.
Cloud – For safe storage of data, the app developer can make use of Amazon data servers or Google cloud storage.
Real-time analytics – For tracking the number of taxi aggregators and users linked with the app, peak taxi booking hours, offers and discounts mostly loved, etc so as to streamline the business functionalities.
Database -For storing all the users and the aggregator?s data in a reliable way, the app developer can use options like MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- GWT -for Powerful Programming
- Datastax -for Data Management
- SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification -Nexmo, Twilio
- Mandrill -for everything related to emails
- Push Notifications-Google Cloud Messaging Service, Twilio, Push.io
- Payments -Braintree & PayPal, Stripe, EWallets
- Streaming Media System-Helix Universal Server, Wowza Streaming Engine, Nimble Streamer
- Database -MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Postgress, Mail Chimp Integration
- Debian – the Universal Operating System
- Real-time Analytics -Hadoop, Spark, BigData, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM
- Cloud Environment – AWS
Certainly developing a cab price comparison app is an adroit task, hence it must be initiated with astute planning and under the guidance of a proficient and skilled team. So, here find the key persons that will help in crafting out the best in the class mobile app.
Project Manager: An expert in this arena must be imbibed with the immense knowledge and should be able to figure out the best solutions attuned to your business insights.
Designers: Certainly you require a beautiful design, in case you are looking to conserve a large user base. Therefore, you will require a proficient squad of UX/UI designers who can set just the perfect color, background, and other elements.
Developers: Identify the best team of both Android and iOS app developers for back-end API and Front-end development.
Testing and QA Team: Indulge a team of good QA testers for fixing the bugs so as to make the app sound on the grounds of operability and performance.
How much does it cost to develop a taxi fare comparison app?
Well, based on the number of hours invested, attributes, and the technical parameters the cost for determining a taxi fare comparison app can be roughly estimated, here, find the crucial factors on which the cost of development depends:
- Platform selected (Android, iOS, or both)
- Features to be added
- Region of the app development center
- App complexity and number of hours invested
The price for developing a taxi fare comparison certainly goes high as it is the pool of all the advanced technologies. Developing an mobile app with reasonable features can cost around $10,000-$30,000 for single platforms. However, the price may raise up to $45,000, in case you go for both platforms.
Price comparison apps these days are ruling the market and if you think you can make it easier for your audience to make decisions with your product then partner with us for the best tech support and get the results in no time. Let’s put together your vision and our experience and enter the market with a rock-solid application intended to win the race.