With popularity of Uber the concept of uber tow truck app is getting lime light. It is quite a common sight to find drivers or travelers stranded on the highways or remote areas. This is like their worst fear coming true? But for such instances, Uber for tow trucks road assistance app has come around as an ideal saviour. This app brings utmost peace of mind to people dealing with broken vehicles, and hence its prominence is obvious. Due to this very reason this kind of app poses a great business opportunity. Thus for the entrepreneurs to launch a tow truck driver app so to grow their business. This way they can successfully make a mark in the towing industry by offering advanced technology solutions. I am sure this may be provoking enough to develop best app for tow truck drivers and users.
- Does it sounds like a great small business idea?
- How these towing apps are useful?
- Another key point. Twist in the story
- Wasn’t it a simple and seamless way?
- How to build a truck-towing mobile app?
- Features of Truck-towing mobile app
- More features for the tow truck app
Does it sounds like a great small business idea?
To build uber like tow truck app, you need to get in touch with a reputed app development company. Such companies are apt at creating on-demand roadside assistance apps like Uber. They can ensure best app for tow truck drivers is built and launched. These app development firms have the services of experienced app developers. Such developers are available for your disposal. These developers, designers, and other app technicians give their best to create a ‘Uber like tow track app’. They offer clients, easy-to-use yet robust features. They are well-versed at creating solutions that are 100% responsive. This way the app can run successfully on all kind of smart devices with different operating systems.
How these towing apps are useful?
Usually when a car breaks down, he would try fixing the issue of his own or would call for help. Often it is required to get the car towed to nearest garage or fetch a mechanic for roadside assistance. But how exactly would this person contact a mechanic or a towing service? Well, who is better help than Google? Most compelling evidence for such a situation you can relate from your own experience.
So, we expect this person to begin his simple Google search to find towing service provider or a mechanic. Now it may appear simple, but in actual, its not. So, once this person has the contact numbers of these services, next he need to call a few operators. Without a clue that all the results may not be accurate. However, as he contacts a few providers to check for quick assistance. Next he has to worry, about the “costs”. Now in such situation customers can rarely negotiate. As the tow truck operators know their situation, they charge high. The tow trucks driver may charge double on incoming help calls.
Another key point. Twist in the story
But if the same situation is imagined differently. Where the tow-truck app is available, then the person doesn’t have to fret out or ask others for help. As he can simply use his phone to use the tow-truck app and book the required service. His needs may vary from flat tire, dead battery, towing, or others. With app’s built-in GPS functionality, the location is sent in the request will be confirmed in just a few taps. As the tow-truck arrives, it will tow the car to nearest garage to get it fixed. And the person can get back on his journey to his destination. Hence developing a Uber like app is a great small business idea. As particularly users as well as truck drivers needs a platform in your area to resolve their problems.
Wasn’t it a simple and seamless way?
Today the advancement in the technology and advent of on-demand app solutions have made life a lot simpler. As the tow-truck service is available on-demand just anytime and anywhere. By all means its a great business idea in 2023. In case if there is already a similar app, you can check for the flaws in the existing app before launching your app. After all your aim is to resolve an ongoing issue so a research and survey can help you lot to make the best road side assistance app. As soon as you solve the problem there is no stopping.
How to build a truck-towing mobile app?
So, once you have decided the truck-towing app development company, it is now time to decide on the feature list. After all, ultimately, it is the features that make or break an app, thus a lot attention needs to be paid towards it. However simple design is also equally important.
Features of Truck-towing mobile app
- Home Screen: Here the user can view the type of vehicles providing the towing services. This way, the preferred type of service can be chosen from the list.
- Enter Location: In this section, the user can enter/select their locations to avail the services.
- Service Provider Profile: Here the profile of the service provider can be viewed to check email, phone number, services, background, etc.
- Schedule: Here the user is required to enter time and date so to schedule a Tow truck. The section also has price details, payment options, schedule date, etc.
- Rate/Fare screen: On choosing the service type in the request. User can then view the rates, comprising of base fare, fare type, capacity, fare/km, etc.
- Request Service: “REQUEST NOW” button in the app can serve urgent request. Along with payment method, service type, wallet amount can be displayed at top of screen.
- Coupon: Here the coupons are provided to the users and it varies for each of the user. Such coupon codes offer good discount.
- Wallet: Here the user can check available balance in their app wallet, as well as add money to the wallet to pay for the delivery services.
- Track Service Providers: The user can track service provider in transit, and check vehicle type used for the delivery.
- Invoice: Here the user receives invoice for delivery along with the details, like distance travelled, Booking ID, base fare, time-taken, distance fare, tax, & total cost.
- Live Geo-tracking: Here the customers can see nearest drivers in real-time customer apps.
- Change/Cancel Booking: The customers can easily change/cancel the booking at any given point of time.
- Talk to the Driver: The clients as well as the providers can both chat/call from within the mobile app.
More features for the tow truck app
- Work History: Here both the customers and drivers can check service history and they can see their previous service requests.
- Review System: In this section, both the drivers and customers can go and see job history along with the reviews so they can get better.
- Native Mobile Apps: Businesses can choose to build both iOS & Android app natively, as then they can provide the best user-experience in the respective platforms.
- Trucker’s Availability Toggle: Trucker’s availability toggle can help to serve customers within their free hours.
- Trucker Profile: Customers can view detailed profile of the trucker’s specialties, years of experience, visiting fees, and radius distance.
- Schedule Appointment: Appointment can be booked for any type of roadside assistance Booking can be cancelled easily.
- Push Notifications: Customers who booked Trucker’s service are going to receive the Trucker details and trucker would receive customer details, so both can contact each other as and when required.
- Payment Integration: Users can choose paying with their Debit/Credit cards. Amount will be deducted automatically from their cards.
- Geo-location: With the help of Geo-location services, customer and trucker can find one another on maps and their location quite easily.
- Search by Specialist: Specialist can be searched if special services are required.
- God’s eye view: Geolocation services allow to track your requested Trucker till s/he reaches your destination.
- Book & Cancel Appointment: Appointments can be booked and cancelled easily.
- Bill Estimation: This automatically calculates final bill considering various factors like distance to be covered with trucker fee, etc.
- App Installation: App installation, on Apple Play Store, Google Play Store is done free of cost.
- Advanced Analytics: This feature allows to get a detailed sight of customer’s & trucker’s activities, number of bookings, number of requests, commission earned, most visited location, etc.
- Advanced Reports: Advanced Reports allow businesses to check about the areas that require more marketing to boost their commission. It offer a clear-cut idea to plan your business.
- Accept/Reject Request: The trucker can accept/reject requests per their availability. If, in case they are busy with other customer, they can reject new request. So another provider can take it.
- Verified Providers: Any of the services that you have availed will have certified/verified providers by the firm. So you are getting the services by verified providers. Thus users can trust your app.
- Responsive Web Panel: Service can be booked with few clicks. Hence it is easy to book without any hassles.
- Referral earnings & Friend invite: Once the service has been delivered to the user, they can recommend it to their friends and then earn referral points that can be redeemed upon booking their next service.
- Profile Setup: Profile can be altered by users and truck drivers.
- OTP Verification: Both service provider as well as the customers get authenticated by the mobile apps. They receive an SMS notification that contains the OTP, on their registered mobile number and this eliminates fake users & requests.
- Heat View in Admin: Heat Maps functionality enable the customer to look for truckers in certain locations. This way admin can reroute Trucker to those locations & pick up the requests.
- Security: It is advised to have your app secured with a layer of SSL certificate along with optimized code. This ensures user information security as they conduct financial transactions via your app.
Related Blog: How You Can Develop Uber for Trucking
More ideas on features
- Customer Support: It is vital for your truck-towing app to have customer support to handle all types of services. This way customers can get all his requests and grievances addressed and resolved.
- Billing Administration: Your accounts team can be enabled to have a separate panel with financial details. Thus restricted from accessing other sections.
- Separate Dashboard for the Delivery Personnel: The trucker has a separate dashboard to receive requests from the customers, commissions earned, availability toggle, etc.
- Legally Protected: Each request is tracked via GPS tracking system. In case of any legal hassles, details of geographical location can be useful.
- Booking via Email/Phone/SMS: As not every customer will have a smartphone, so requests can be placed via Email, SMS, and phone call.
- Email Notification: Customers will get email notifications. Like final bill breakdown, and service provider’s details, etc.
- Payment Gateway: Several of payment gateways, such as Braintree, Stripe, PayPal, Credit/Debit Card, can be integrated into the app. Here the customer can securely enter card details so each time the customer books a service, payments are deducted automatically.
- Ratings & Review: Customers can rate and review the truck drivers. Top of search results trucker with highest rating would be placed. This will enhance customer convenience.
- Commission Tracking Report: The entire process is based on rate of commission made by the service provider per day. The report details commission earned by service provider and give good insights.
- Set Trucker’s Range: The admin has the authority to set the distance range of Trucker who accepts the towing request. Hence when a request is placed. The trucker in specified distance range will receive the request.
How Uber business model works?
Uber is more of a technology company than just an online booking app for taxi. You can check the same on their website as to how Uber works. Based on the same the Uber tow truck app can work.
- Step 1 :- A user opens the app when he needs roadside assistance.
- Step 2 :- He enter his current location and place a request for a tow truck to come to his rescue
- Step 3 :- All tow truck drivers open their app and the nearest tow truck driver accept the request.
- Step 4 :- The driver pick up the user and tow his car or vehicle to the nearest or designated repair shop.
- Step 5 :- The user leaves a rating and review for the tow truck driver on his app.
Hence on the pursuit of building the best app for tow truck drivers its essential the experience is satisfactory for more business.
Required team structure
To create a Uber like tow truck booking app. Following professionals are required:
- Project Manager
- Quality Analysis Experts
It is advised to hire an app development company to develop a uber like tow truck app. As they can takes cares of your requirement completely. Right from app development process to design and develop. They are experts in mobile app development and will utilize the best resources for development. Hence its best advice to use professionals for developing a best app for tow truck drivers. We also offer maintenance service to keep the app live and free of bugs from time to time.
How much does it cost to create a Uber like Tow-truck booking app?
The cost to create a tow-truck booking app primarily depends on three crucial factors. Firstly the app platforms to be developed. Secondly size and app complexity, and the region where the app development firm is located. As the development cost differs as per the country, like:
- In U.S.A., the app development cost is $50-$250/hour
- In Eastern/Western Europe, the app development cost is $30-$150/hour
- In India-based development firm, the development cost is $10-$80/hour
Based on the above calculation the cost to develop a tow-truck booking app in India can be lowest. So with usual features it should cost around $10000-$25000 for a single platform (iOS or Android). Lastly if you are spending $40,000 you can get Android & iOS version. Additionally along with couple of extra addon features to add value to your business. So if you are looking to develop the next best app for tow truck drivers feel free to contact us for FREE consultation.