Gone are the days when blogging was just a way to share your passion or thoughts with the world in your free time as today to have a space on the Internet to call your own has become a necessity more than ever.
Having a blog is not merely the status symbol that it used to be in the professional world. Rather, a blog is needed that makes you stand out. It needs to represent both you as well as your qualifications in the best possible manner. In all, you must master the use of plug-ins.
Earlier, there was a great level of expectations regarding blog design quality; however, now even the most user-friendly websites are able to produce wonderful results when they had the full potential. More often than not, full potential is only realized by those mastering the use of website plug-ins to enhance not just the effectiveness but also the visual appeal of the site. So, in case you are also looking for something that trending in the plug-in world, then consider these 8 factors as you choose your next plug-in.
1. Start With Necessity Go through the web host features and find out what?s and what’s not available to you. See if any feature is missing from the backend that?s very necessary to your particular website model or is mostly needed. Then there are going to be your first plug-in downloads. Everything else coming afterward is built around these features as per the design, this way you want them there promptly.
2. Move On To Quality Of Life We come across a number of plug-ins that are extremely needed for your blog productivity; however, they are certainly not far off. This way it?s the quality of life plug-ins that will be making your life way easier. So, as per your site’s purpose, it might be an expanded toolbar for your text fields or maybe better gallery options for your photos. So, despite your particular needs, the more plug-ins you can find and these plug-ins make your life easier.
3. Consider Your ‘At A Glance’ Appeal You can get tunnel vision as you work on your own blog so much so that most of the time it?s easy to ignore the bigger picture of how your website appears in terms of look and feel. Have a quick glance over your blog and see in case there are any visual deficiencies standing out. Starting from the design of social media icons to font that can be addressed via a plug-in, and in case you know what your look for then it is going to be easier to find what is required by you.
4. Don’t Let Your Plug-Ins Homogenize Your Website What happens with prominent plug-ins is that there is a reason they attain prominence and you need to be sure in order to avoid overloading your site with plug-ins that make your website appear like anyone else’s. So, it’s advised to scope out similar sites to operate the same system and you can look for shared plug-ins making them blend together.
5. Don’t Go Plug-In Crazy The more the number of plug-ins, the better it sounds, but you know that it?s actually able to overdo how many you implement on your website. It’s advised that you avoid downloading a number of plug-ins that attains the same effect, like SEO optimization. After all, this practice can be of no use when you want to achieve your intended function at best and detrimental to your site at worst.
6. Ease Of Use Now, you may learn a lot more from a complicated plug-in, but it will require more maintenance than it?s worth. So, don’t suffer over a complex plug-in for longer than it?s required, as you will find a number of options out there that do the job well sans any hassle.
7. The Plug-In Is Updated Regularly Yes, the frequent updates are required as today’s best plug-in is tomorrow’s old news. Simply have a look at the update history for any plug-in you have interest in and ensure that its developer stays on top. In case they have no interest in their own plug-in, then you should have either.
8. User Rating Matter Most plug-in users will always leave feedback on their much-liked ? or not so liked plugins. Thus be certain to consider the feedback that a plug-in you have interest in is receiving. A few of the bad reviews contradicting the rest of the review scores are no big deal; however, when usual consensus is that a plug-in doesn’t do the job well, then you must try to avoid it by all means. Keep in mind that you can easily find blog advice from a number of community members as there is no shortage of it. So, ensure that you pursue the best options out there.
As far as the installation of the plug-in is concerned, the total count of them does not really matter. What matters the most, if you have two-plug-ins apt for your blog and they mingle pretty well with each other and prove to be exceptional for you, then you can go for it. Believe it or not, you do not have to be a web developer to draw your blog-space in lime-light. Only a few things at the right place with a touch of quality.