- Why Stacks have Become the First Choice of Developers
- Which stack works better – MEAN or MERN?
- Components of MEAN
- Benefits of MERN development
- What is the MEAN advantage to the development process?
- MEAN front-end specific benefits
- MEAN backend-specific benefits
- MERN Stack overall benefits
- Final Word
Why Stacks have Become the First Choice of Developers
Developers have stopped using rotating tables for webpage or application development. The new ‘in’ is the widgets that serve the needs of quickly loading websites or web pages. Developers also create more responsive and interactive webpages to meet the users’ changing expectations from online touchpoints. All these changes in user expectations have made stacks the preferred tools for development in 2021.
Further, all businesses, whether small or big, have understood the importance of being online. The business owners have started putting a sizeable budget aside for building their ventures’ online presence. So, DevOps solutions that bring down the development cost can help businesses attain their online dreams. On the developers’ side, they have started getting more orders for mobile app development. A framework that helps them do rapid development can bring them more earnings per year.
All these points indicate the relevance of STACKs in the app development process. Initially, it was only MEAN stack that simplified the whole process, but with the rising need for reactive or interactive pages, MERN rose to fame. Now, the dedicated developers have the freedom and flexibility to pick from these.
Which stack works better – MEAN or MERN?
MEAN has managed to build its fanbase because of speed, scalability, real-time testing support, and robustness. Let’s take MEAN stack development and its benefits first.
Some of the most talked-about benefits of this stack are:
- It is a stack widely accepted across the industry, as it complements the development of all types of applications easily.
- Companies hire MEAN stack developers who come with enriched portfolios. Since MEAN is easy to implement and enables developing applications of various types, businesses can easily find experienced hands for their projects. With popularity comes the convenience of finding the developers, and at a low cost. So, quicker and cost-effective developments become easy to achieve with MEAN stack developer.
- Compatibility with numerous plugins and widgets makes the MEAN stack an easy solution for development. Businesses that want development to be done on short notice and without compromising quality can employ MEAN developers for their next Web project.
- Since MEAN allows bringing various solutions to carry out the development process, the apps stand apart on functionalities, design, and user-friendliness. The apps have enhanced intuitive appeal that helps create the ultimate user experience.
- MEAN stack framework is open-source. Thus, community support allows developers to include the best solutions and resolve all bugs faster and more sustainably.
- MEAN comes with many in-built testing tools; thus, the testing takes place in real-time and added seamlessness.
- Since both front-end and backend are developed in a single language, added coordination between both ends of the applications becomes conspicuous. Thus, MEAN applications respond faster to the queries and allow developers to include more user-centric solutions.
Take a look at MEAN components that give any developer solid proof of all claims made above.
Components of MEAN
- MongoDB: It is a NoSQL database for backend applications and stores data as JSON files. Its document-based nature brings it added robustness.
- ExpressJS: Running on top of NodeJS, this component is a backend web application
- AngularJS: It offers a framework for an app’s front-end and enables running JS code in the web browser.
- NodeJS: Offers JS runtime environment so that application backend in JS can be implemented.
If it is such a wholesome framework, why use MERN? Let’s consider the MERN benefits to understand its role in application development.
Benefits of MERN development
MERN’s position as a proven development framework has improved in recent times. It is enabling the easy development of top-tier applications. Many biggies in various industry sectors use MERN applications, which points at better comfort of businesses and developers with these applications. One of the primary benefits of MERN stack development in making applications is that it supports a smooth development process.
Other reasons why people are advocating the use of MERN in development are:
- The developer can complete the whole development process using only JAVA and JSON.
- It complements MVC architecture that brings added seamlessness in development.
- There are a plethora of testing tools available.
- It runs on exceptional open-source community support, which means the best brains help you when you are stuck. And, the source code can be easily modified as per the business’s custom requirements.
What is the MEAN advantage to the development process?
If we decode MEAN advantage in one word, it will be – AngularJS development, the ‘A’ of the MEAN stack. MEAN stack can be called a specialized full-stack, made using the bests of all Front -end and back-end technologies and frameworks. You must be aware that the following technologies and frameworks constitute a full-stack resource:
- Database technologies: MongoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle.
- Front-end framework: AngularJS, backbonejs, Ember.js,Polymer.js
- Backend technologies: Node.js, Ruby on Rails, PHP, .NET
- Backend framework: Rails, Express, CodeIgniter, ASP.NET
So, MEAN picks the most advanced or promising of all these technologies and frameworks and utilizes them to create purpose-driven applications.
MEAN front-end specific benefits
AngularJS is front-end support available in MEAN. It is known for managing all the interactions on the client-side. It eases Single Page Application development exceptionally. Since it employs side route execution for client requests, the server remains unburdened due to its presence. Further, its Model View Whatever (MVW) architecture is capable of replacing the functionalities of all front-end code based on CSS, HTML, and JS; thus, more work is achieved with minimal expertise.
Related Blog: How to Create an MVP in 2020?
MEAN backend-specific benefits
MEAN stack development services design the tables/documents to store data intelligently for swift retrieval. By introducing Nodejs development and Expressjs in the module, the capabilities of MongoDB are enhanced. It results in easy access to JSON data in a native manner. So, the apps respond swiftly and become appreciably interactive; these become more productive in performance.
MERN Stack overall benefits
2. Robust server-side: Node.js architecture responds in an event-driven manner. Non-blocking I/O further adds to the speed of the server. Thus, the web server’s resilience is used in a performance-driven manner, making the whole experience quite enjoyable for the application’s end-user.
3. Fully customized ecosystem: npm ecosystem is available in a variety of free packages. These packages can be picked according to the type of problem to be solved by the application. Even if the ready-made features are not usable, the MERN stack developer can modify them according to their purpose.
4. More ease of testing and improvement: MERN has in-built testing tools, as suggested above. So, the testing does not interfere with the working environment. It can happen real-time basis. Also, the debugging gets faster and more seamless, leading to achieving better quality apps in minimal time. Mostly, when an event-based application is to be designed, MERN stack development services support proves to be more useful.
Since MEAN and MERN differentiate only on the point that the one carries AngularJS advantages and the other has Reactive JS, there is not much to lose when developers use either of them. However, if the interaction is secondary and robustness the primary need, MEAN will provide the requisite solutions. MERN stack development company will be useful when the end-users want more interactive apps that can offer a native-like experience.
Developers can go for either with MERN and MEAN for their app development process. Since both have become a favorite choice among modern developers, picking one over the other can be tricky. The best option is to self-analyze which tool you have used more in the past.
If you are not looking forward to using full-stack development job, the next best option is to find your comfort level with both of the choices. In functionality and results, you will hardly be disappointed when you hire MERN stack developer or a MEAN development expert.