The world of technology is bulging with new trends and technologies, with new developments taking place each and every day. Meanwhile, here we speak of the software development lifecycle, in order to ensure the success, it is essential to make a right choice among the top front-end development frameworks. The market is full of choices and wide diversity owing to the many challenges developers solve every day. This is the reason behind the massive increase of the number of front-end frameworks. New frameworks constantly come up in the market so that developers can pick the one that best suits their requirements and solves issues they face during the development procedure.
It is prominently used by Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, Yahoo, Netflix, Sberbank, BBC, Microsoft, PayPal, and others.
What Statistics say?
- React secured number one rank as the most popular front-end JS framework in State of JS survey.
- Around 64.8% of the JS developers presently use React.
- There are 475k websites on web that are powered by React.
- Github: Over there it has 120.5 stars, 21K forks and 1200 contributors.
Why React is one of the best?
- Huge resources
- Easy-to-maintain component structure
- Great performance
- Backward Compatibility
- Unidirectional Data Flow
- Rich Community
Vue: Successfully securing the second spot in the list of top JS frameworks in 2019, Vue.JS is an open-source JS framework that is meant for streamlining User Interface design. Released in the year 2014, it was created by Evan You, and in the last few years, it has gained massive popularity, hence outpacing its rival AngularJS by Google in the 2018 State of JS survey. It is the progressive nature of Vue that helps in adapting to developers’ requirements. Vue as a framework is created on concepts from the other frameworks & libraries like React and Angular, and it offers this lightweight and compact solutions that incorporates all best features & practices.
It is prominently used by Alibaba, Grammarly, Xiaomi, Adobe, 9gag, StackOverflow, and others.
What Statistics say?
- Around 28.8 percent of the JS developers presently use Vue.
- There are 64000 websites powered by Vue.
- Github: Over there it has 125k stars, 18k forks, and 253 contributors.
Why Vue is one of the best?
- Lightweight & Compact
- Integration Capability
- Easy Learning Curve
- Fast Configuration
Angular:This front-end web app framework is built by Google and its first version of launched in 2010, and second was launched in 2016. It is based on the typescript and remains the oldest modern JS framework that allows the users to build dynamic interactive web apps and websites. Despite being the oldest framework, Angular is yet picked as the first choice by most developers around the world, and this is the reason why it is in the list of top JS frameworks for 2019.
With Angular developers are able to create robust and highly-efficient singular-page apps instead of static HTML websites. In fact, Google entirely recreated original framework and went on to release a completely different and enhanced typescript Angular 2. With Angular 2, it introduced a component-based architecture, inter-component communication, logging service, and enhanced dependency injection. Its latest version, i.e. Angular 7 came in September 2018, with its new updates being released every twice in a year. With its latest version, it immensely improved in terms of performance, Angular Material & CDK, RxJS 6.3, Virtual Scrolling, Node version 10, content projection and dependencies for the Typescript version 3.1.
It is prominently used by firms like Crunchbase, AWS, iStockPhoto, Weather, Telegram, Google, Nike, PayPal, YouTube, Udemy, Freelancer, and Upwork.
What stats say?
- There are around 350,000 websites across the web that are powered by AngularJS/Angular2+ versions.
- Around 23.9 percent of the JS developers presently use AngularJS.
- In the State of JS Survey, AngularJS secured third rank as the most popular front-end JS framework.
- GitHub: Over there it has 44.5k stars, 11.5k forks & 840 contributors.
Why Angular is one of the best?
- Native Mobile App
- MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel)
- Support for Progressive Web Applications
- Plenty of Resources & Support
- Enhanced RXJS
- Data Binding
Ember:Securing the fourth rank in the list is EmberJS. This open-source front-end development framework is mainly used to build robust web apps. Ember was earlier known as SproutCore framework, and then in December 2011, Yehuda Katz, the main behind jQuery went on to launch Ember, an opinionated framework that works on principle of MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) pattern. Ember comes integrated with Glimmer engine that enhances the rendering speed, and its main features comprise of data binding for linking two properties & inspection tool to debug errors.
It is prominently used by firms like sitepoint, Atlas.io, Chipotle, Twitch, Vine, Groupon, Apple Music, and others.
What stats say?
- Ember secured fourth ranking in the State of JS Survey as most popular front-end JS framework.
- Around 6.3 percent of JS developers presently use Ember, however over the past few years its prominence has deteriorated.
- There are 7000 websites on web that are powered by Ember.
- GitHub: Over there it has 20k stars, 4k forks, and 750 contributors.
Why Ember is one of the best?
- Convention over Configuration
- Ember CLI
- Inspector Tools
- Ember Templates
It is prominently used by firms like General Electric, IBM, McDonald’s, Coco Cola, ING, Electronic Arts, Google Apps like PlayMusic and YouTube.
What Stats say?
- In the State of JS Survey Polymer secured the sixth ranking as the most popular front-end JS framework.
- Around 3.8 percent of JS developers presently use Polymer.
- There are 4000 websites on Internet that are powered by Polymer.
- GitHub: Over there it has 20K stars, 1.9 forks and 140 contributors.
Why Polymer is one of the best?
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Supports one-way & two-way data binding
- Lightening Speed
- Allows building custom HTML elements