Good news for Apple lovers, as Apple recently released a software update for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, bumping devices up to iOS 9.2. It comprises of bumping devices up to iOS 9.2, including improvements to Apple Music and Apple News, along with a variety of bug fixes. Go to Settings, click on General and select Software Update, and you are all set to download the update.
There were also smaller updates to the Apple Watch, new Apple TV and Mac OS X, operating system, the Apple Watch is updated to watchOS 2.0 with enhanced language support and bug fixes, and update can be easily downloaded now in the Apple Watch app from your connect iPhone. Whereas, an update to the new Apple TV is found in the Settings channel, as the tvOS 9.1 updates adds support for Apple’s Remote App, allowing you to use your iPhone or iPad in order to control the Apple TV and input data.
The OS X 10.11.2 update improves stability, compatibility and security for Mac and MacBook owners and this also improves Wi-Fi, Handoff and Airdrop reliability, along with other minor bug fixes. The update is available now in the Mac App Store.
Here is the complete list of everything included in the update:
Apple music improvements
• Create a new playlist while adding a song to a playlist
• Your most recently changed playlist is now listed at the top when adding songs to playlists.
• Download albums or playlists from your iCloud Music Library by tapping the iCloud download button.
• You can see the songs downloaded with the new download indicator next to each song in My Music and Playlists.
• See works, composers and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog.
There is a new Top Stories section in News allowing you to stay up to date with the most important news of the day (available in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia).
• Mail Drop in Mail for sending large attachments.
• iBooks now supports 3D Touch to peek and pop pages from the table of contents, your notes and bookmarks, or from search results inside a book.
• iBooks allows listening to an audiobook while you browse your library, read other books, or explore the iBooks Store.
• iPhone support for the USB Camera Adapter to import photos and videos.
• Improved stability of Safari.
• Improved stability of Podcasts.
• You can fix an issue that caused mail attachments to be inaccessible for some users with POP email accounts.
• Resolving an issue for some users that caused attachments to overlap text in Mail.
• Fixing an issue where Live Photos could have turned off after restoring from a previous iCloud backup.
• Addressing an issue that could cause search in Contacts to display no results.
• Resolving an issue that could have prevented Calendar from displaying all seven days in week view.
• Fixing an issue where Camera screen on iPad could be black when attempting to capture video.
• Addressing an issue that could cause instability in the Activity app when viewing the day of Daylight Saving Time transition.
• Fixing an issue that could prevent data from appearing in Health.
• Fixing an issue that could prevent Wallet updates and Lock screen alerts from displaying.
• Addressing an issue where updating iOS could prevent an alarm from going off.
• Fixing an issue where some users were unable to login to Find my iPhone.
• Fixing an issue that prevented some manual iCloud Backups from completing.
• Addressing an issue where using the iPad keyboard could unintentionally trigger text selection mode.
• Improved keyboard responsiveness when using Quick Reply.
• Improved punctuation input on the 10-key Chinese (Pinyin & Stroke) keyboards with new expanded view of punctuation symbols and better predictions.
• Fixing an issue on Cyrillic keyboards where caps lock would be enabled when typing in URL or email fields.