- What is Flutter?
- What makes Flutter a reliable tool for Startups?
- Flutter success – the story so far
- How Flutter proves to be the best option for mobile app development
- Also, Read: Why Flutter will redefine App Development in 2020?
- 1. Flutter comes with a ‘Hot reload’ feature. This feature enables:
- 2. Flutter is an open-source application framework
- 3. Flutter widget catalog
- 4. Compatibility with multiple operating systems
- 5. Ability to embed new UI in the existing app
- 6. Portable GPU
- 7. Compatibility with multiple IDEs
- How startups can save on the cost by employing Flutter-empowered applications
Looking for ways to make your business future-proof? It has a lot to do with being ‘available’ to the customers most of the time and being there where customers are. What can be a better place than being visible on the customers’ mobile phones, which they check almost throughout the day? So, the fundamental thing, and one of the essential ones, is developing a mobile application to make business reachable to the users more efficiently than ever.
If the idea of app development is giving you sleepless nights, here is the thing of relief. Google has come with an open-source software development kit (SDK) called Flutter. In this post, we take you through critical points about Flutter, comprising:
- What is Flutter
- What makes Flutter a reliable tool for startups
- Flutter Success – The story so far
- How Flutter proves to be the best option for mobile app development
So, here we go!
What is Flutter?
Flutter is the wholesome UI kit that allows dedicated developers to create fully functional, appealing, and high-performing robust mobile applications even with minimal coding knowledge.
What makes Flutter a reliable tool for Startups?
A startup can do much better when it is future-proof in its functionalities. They need a cost-effective way to stay relevant and require genuinely flexible and scalable platforms that help them perform equally well, even with changing times.
Listed here are some of the reasons why Flutter is a reliable tool for Startups.
- Flutter offers a premise to develop cross-platform mobile apps, which are more preferable than native apps.
- The cross-platform apps possible to develop with Flutter are capable of creating an exceptional digital experience. This is precisely what the customers look for in any business’s offerings.
- Cost-effective app development becomes possible to achieve with Flutter. Since it is a cross-platform app development framework, it can help businesses cut on the development cost. They can do with a single code base to attain visibility across all platforms. Thus, the coding cost can be drastically reduced.
- Faster development of apps is the direct consequence of only a single code base sufficient for businesses to utilize multiple platforms.
- Functionalities-enriched applications become easy to develop with Flutter. Since this framework is compatible with a plethora of plugins, the developers can enhance the apps’ functionality quotient without any additional efforts. Not to mention, the ease of development and flawlessness of the apps are conspicuous by their presence.
- The developers take less time in testing as the single code works across all platforms. Thus, startups can become ready to serve less time and cash their presence to build their relationships. Checking only a single version of the application is enough to find the functionality of all the platforms.
- Flutter offers a better opportunity for the developers to provide more tools per a given set of resources. As the coding is fast and easy, and applicable across all platforms, the developers can create multiple back-ends and frontend support tools.
It works in the developers’ favor too. They can take on more projects and quickly deliver the projects creating more earning opportunities for themselves.
Flutter success – the story so far
Flutter was launched in 2015 by Google. The journey has been a remarkable one since its inception. It is now the second most used framework for app development. The records and surveys reveal that most apps available on the Play Store or App Store are empowered by this framework. Thus, it will be no surprise if it becomes the no. 1 framework sooner than imaginable.
After .Net Core and Torch, Flutter has become the third most preferred framework and has extensive support of libraries and tools.
The present situation is that almost all big names from various business domains are using applications developed with Flutter. If your developers have also used this framework for your development purposes, then you indeed have done your bit to become a future-proof startup. By using apps fueled by Flutter, you can join the likes of – eBay, Google, Tencent, Square, Alibaba group, Dream11, EMAAR, BMW, and other notables.
How Flutter proves to be the best option for mobile app development
Flutter has earned a respectable position among the cross-platform app development frameworks in no time. The developers’ convenience, the ability to deliver apps in record minimal time, and the cost-effectiveness of development have given startups a reliable solution in the form of Flutter.
The mobile app development achieves higher levels of user-friendliness due to features possible to add because of Flutter. While exploring its advantage in mobile app development, one can find that:
1. Flutter comes with a ‘Hot reload’ feature. This feature enables:
- Developers to experiment with new ideas and develop apps faster
- The quick building of features-enriched yet straightforward UIs
- Managing functions like UI development, testing, debugging and adding features in a real-time manner.
- Instantly viewing all changes made in the app.
- Reflecting on the updates in the app’s current state while showing the impact of code execution instantly
2. Flutter is an open-source application framework
Since Flutter is an open-source development framework based on DART, it is easily customizable on a real-time basis. There are several developer-friendly supports provided in Flutter. These features make development a quick, high quality, and business-centric app. A few mentionable ones are:
- Built-in material design support
- Rich motion APIs
- Smooth and realistic scrolling behavior
- Cupertino Widgets
All these features make it easy for the developers to convert any business idea into an app that can serve the best and create an experience of high quality, ultimately.
3. Flutter widget catalog
The enriched catalog of widgets in Flutter imparts applications a native-like quality. It features navigation, scrolling, icons, and fonts, which enable a high-quality frontend experience.
4. Compatibility with multiple operating systems
5. Ability to embed new UI in the existing app
Flutter can help the businesses maximize their existing resources, including the app. With the convenience of adding a new UI to the existing app, the businesses can cater to the audiences in a budget-friendly manner. It helps more when the existing app’s robustness is not worth abandoning. Also, why invest big when the best results can be achieved with minimal liability?
6. Portable GPU
Flutter is the framework that comes with a portable GPU that brings dynamicity to the working of UIs. This accounts for its ease of working on multiple interfaces and no additional investment of time or money.
7. Compatibility with multiple IDEs
Flutter is compatible with various IDEs, including Android Code, Visual Studio, and XCode. Thus, limited knowledge required to maximize gains makes it easy for the developers to complete projects without hiring more experts with vast experience. Apart from the quickness, quality, and usability of the developed application, the startups can gain a foothold in the market at a low cost.
How startups can save on the cost by employing Flutter-empowered applications
The cost of app development by an Android developer falls between $5000 to $50,000. Accounting of the cost is done keeping the features, complexity of functionality, and the application’s size in mind.
The most significant advantage of Flutter is that it is an open-source framework. So, those businesses that can reuse the existing code can save themselves the hassle of getting an app developed from scratch. Thus, the development is mainly reduced to searching for the codes that serve a startup’s purpose. The only thing in such a case required is knowledge of DART.
Open-source also makes the code free from the license cost. The startups save money on three critical fronts – development cost, license cost, and project development cost.
An early start, and staying ahead of the competition, and intuitive working for staying relevant for the times to follow – all these factors are easy to achieve with Flutter. It is mostly the cost-effectiveness and relevance with changing times that makes any business readier for the times to follow.
Since Flutter has brought all these values for the users in an exceptional quality way, it has become a guarantee for future-proof startups. Moreover, the sooner the project takes off, the earlier it gains a foothold.
In marketing economics terms, the monopolistic market becomes easier to achieve for a startup as Flutter allows them to roll out any project way ahead of their competitors. With a skimming policy, the higher gains allow the businesses to have more money available for futuristic developments.
So, it would not be an understatement if we say that Flutter for startups is the ticket that can help them attain future-readiness. If there’s anything you’d like to add or discuss, feel free to contact us.